ADVERTISEMENT

Football 10 game conference only schedule coming

Coach Harbaugh suggests we play the games in one of the countries where he has taken his team for Spring practice.

CFN has you at Northwestern.

Indiana at Iowa
Maryland at Purdue
Michigan at Illinois
Michigan State at Nebraska
Ohio State at Wisconsin
Penn State at Minnesota
Rutgers at Northwestern
I'd be shocked if they match up OSU with Wisconsin. If (big if) there is a NC playoff this year, the B1G wants a slot, preferably two. Adding a regular season OSU-Wisky matchup does not support that objective.

But then, I've been shocked before.

Indiana at Iowa
Maryland at Purdue
Michigan at Illinois
Ohio State at Wisconsin
Penn State at Minnesota
Rutgers at Northwestern

Like that better.
I am drive out to Chicago for that one. If fans are allowed in the stadium.

Borrowed from another site but I believe it to be as close to reality as possible.

Conference only is but a phase in closing it all down.

Here’s the borrowed part:

“Phase 1 - limit on-campus class time
Phase 2 - limit on-campus, in-person workouts
Phase 3 - expand testing of athletes, even if they're asymptomatic and have had no Covid exposure
Phase 4 - cancel non-conference games
Phase 5 - cancel all games”

If everyone cancels then the specter of lawsuits goes away...and you can just move the seasons 1 year...2020 turns to 2021 and so on...

phasing the cancellation of CFB makes it seem like “gosh darn it, we tried but you know the safety and health are top priority and that won out”. It is a very good strategy and comes across as an honest good effort.

Borrowed from another site but I believe it to be as close to reality as possible.

Conference only is but a phase in closing it all down.

Here’s the borrowed part:

“Phase 1 - limit on-campus class time
Phase 2 - limit on-campus, in-person workouts
Phase 3 - expand testing of athletes, even if they're asymptomatic and have had no Covid exposure
Phase 4 - cancel non-conference games
Phase 5 - cancel all games”

If everyone cancels then the specter of lawsuits goes away...and you can just move the seasons 1 year...2020 turns to 2021 and so on...

phasing the cancellation of CFB makes it seem like “gosh darn it, we tried but you know the safety and health are top priority and that won out”. It is a very good strategy and comes across as an honest good effort.

Phasing is nothing more than window dressing and a complete waste of time/money.

You see you don’t really have to win, just hang out with the big boys for a while and people think your one of them.Thats awesome. I’ll take it.Lol
On the other hand, now it’s time to start beating some of the big boys.Its going to be exciting if/when we actually get to play some games.
Been saying something similar for years and on here...

Because of where we are we don’t necessarily have to WIN or Win to get the good stuff that goes along with it...very positive media coverage, recruiting buzz, etc. But we do have to win at some point.

WIN > Win > win

The goal is to add games to the schedule that don't involve moving currently scheduled conference games, create a balanced number of home games for everyone, and don't repeat a matchup that is already scheduled. Giving Rutgers (or any particular team) a winnable opponent is pretty far down the list of priorities when you already have the aforementioned obstacles to overcome in making this schedule work.

Indiana at Iowa
Maryland at Purdue
Michigan at Illinois
Ohio State at Wisconsin
Penn State at Minnesota
Rutgers at Northwestern
See :WideSmile:

Phasing is nothing more than window dressing and a complete waste of time/money.
Yes...and...?

phasing pushes the inevitable freak out by many as far out as possible.

just make 2020 into the 2021 schedule and move all others 1 year into the future and call it a day! This pretending is clearly bs...and I’m one of those that back in March thought fear would be done. We’ve managed to allow fear and cowering to rule the day.

to make political, if neurological Joe wins, it will be amazing how quickly the media changes its tune...:Fire

Yes...and...?

just make 2020 into the 2021 schedule and move all others 1 year into the future and call it a day! This pretending is clearly bs...and I’m one of those that back in March thought fear would be done. We’ve managed to allow fear and cowering to rule the day.

to make political, if neurological Joe wins, it will be amazing how quickly the media changes its tune...:Fire

very odd and long winded post . For what should simply be : just cancel the season

Much as I'd like to see RU football this season...
  1. The odds of the season being cancelled seem pretty high to me.
  2. The odds of having fans attend games seems pretty low to me.
  3. From a recruiting standpoint, RU probably has more to gain from having the season cancelled than any other Big Ten team. Because the excitement of a new coaching staff could continue without the coaching staff having to start rationalizing away blowout losses and a poor season record for another year. This would be huge for us. Especially in light of our having no OOC games and a bunch of tough conference games only.
Weighing my desire to see games now against my desire to see RU get an extremely rare opportunity for another year of recruiting fueled by new-staff excitement absent season record realities forces me to conclude that we would be much better off with a cancelled season for 2020.

Didn't think I'd ever be caught advocating for cancelling a season. But here we are. :Unhappy:

Much as I'd like to see RU football this season...
  1. The odds of the season being cancelled seem pretty high to me.
  2. The odds of having fans attend games seems pretty low to me.
  3. From a recruiting standpoint, RU probably has more to gain from having the season cancelled than any other Big Ten team. Because the excitement of a new coaching staff could continue without the coaching staff having to start rationalizing away blowout losses and a poor season record for another year. This would be huge for us. Especially in light of our having no OOC games and a bunch of tough conference games only.
Weighing my desire to see games now against my desire to see RU get an extremely rare opportunity for another year of recruiting fueled by new-staff excitement absent season record realities forces me to conclude that we would be much better off with a cancelled season for 2020.

Didn't think I'd ever be caught advocating for cancelling a season. But here we are. :Unhappy:

I agree 1000%.

I agree 1000%.
It might turn out to be great opportunity for RU football found in the misery of a global pandemic. We could get two free recruiting seasons which, at the pace Schiano has been recruiting, could have pretty positive implications for 2021 (assuming we're back to playing again by then).

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Yes...and...?

We didn't let fear and cowering rule the day. We decided that we, as a country, were too stupid and lazy to bother trying to stop the virus. Over the weekend so watched Taiwan play baseball in front of packed, raucus crowds and it really hit home what an embarrassment our country is. I single out no group, faction, or politician...we are all collectively losers.

ADVERTISEMENT