ADVERTISEMENT

10 Years Ago Today

One frick’n over thrown pass cost us the game.
3rd Down Pass from Nova to a wide open TE Kroft was overthrown by 10 feet.
That was late in the 4th Qtr and would have given RU a 1st down deep in State Penn territory.
We punt and lose the game on the next series.

One frick’n over thrown pass cost us the game.
3rd Down Pass from Nova to a wide open TE Kroft was overthrown by 10 feet.
That was late in the 4th Qtr and would have given RU a 1st down deep in State Penn territory.
We punt and lose the game on the next series.
I don't remember it that way. From where I was sitting at the game it was thrown high but Kroft had both hands on it. He should caught it.

58 minutes 47 seconds.

5 int.

Huge missed tackle.

Massive opportunity squandered.
I still can see the two Rutgers defenders converging on the penn state receiver and bouncing off each other. The receiver stood there for a beat, in disbelief of his dumb luck, and ran it with no other defenders in the same area code. Makes me sick.

And 5 ints. My god.

This loss , or give away of a game still ranks as one of the toughest to swallow in our history.

Sure the loss to WVU (end zone drop)
And the Lville loss at home (BS call on illegal man down field on the fake FG)

But this was a win that was in the pockets against a hated team who we had on the ropes in that game and possibly even at a larger scale .

Reactions: RUfromNJ
The way things were going with the program I remember thinking to myself we won't beat them for another 10 years after this...

This loss , or give away of a game still ranks as one of the toughest to swallow in our history.

Sure the loss to WVU (end zone drop)
And the Lville loss at home (BS call on illegal man down field on the fake FG)

But this was a win that was in the pockets against a hated team who we had on the ropes in that game and possibly even at a larger scale .
The WVU loss was the most brutal "bad beat" we've ever had given the stakes. Win that game and we win the BE and go to a BCS bowl as a top 10 10-1 team. And we had that one. The Ville loss hurt a lot too, but we weren't even ranked that year and the PSU loss hurt a lot, but not like the WVU one, at least for me. And I was at all 3 games.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I’m going to say the same thing I said in the shared cab (with some of you) back to the airport after the Insight Bowl…

Even though we lost, we showed we belonged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT