ADVERTISEMENT

1976 Documentry

hinson32

All American
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Monday night at 9:00 BTN is debuting a documentary on the 1976 RU FF team. They actually have uncovered footage on the St. Bonaventure game. Interviews with Dick Vitale, Phil Sellers and many more. I am very excited to see this.

I have been looking for a tape of the St. Bonaventure game for years so I hope this shows our dramatic last 2 minute comeback.

I have been looking for a tape of the St. Bonaventure game for years so I hope this shows our dramatic last 2 minute comeback.
Rutgers released a DVD about the Final Four team about 10 years ago which was also shown on SNY or MSG and has a lot of that footage of the St. Bona game. I'm sure that DVD can be found out there somewhere.

Scarlet Fever in New Brunswick sold it. They MAY still have some for sale. Their phone is 732-247-4678.

That was indeed a great season. I grew up in Piscataway and that Rutgers team was, of course, historic in its achievement. May you someday return to that level.

I ended up attending and graduating from Maryland. I work in DC and, the other day, actually passed Eddie Jordan on the street, walking with his wife. He looked good; think he's lost a little weight. Looked happy. I recognized him right away and said, aloud, "Eddie Jordan! Go RU 1976!" He was very gracious, smiled shook my hand, and said, "Happy New Year". Though his time at RU as HC may not have been great, he'll always be remembered as a key ingredient in that great 1976 team.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I wish in that tape I knew who some of the people were, one coach is Art Perry I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT