ADVERTISEMENT

1982 Lady Knights AIAW champions documentary

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
I know I’ve asked board members to donate to RFund in the past but this request is different.

A bunch of former WRSU folks and I are producing a documentary film to tell the story of the 1982 AIAW Rutgers women’s basketball national championship team, the last to win the AIAW champions and one of Rutgers’ very few national champions.

The team represents the tipping point for collegiate women’s basketball as the NCAA took over the sport that year. Many of the coaches and players went on to coach nationally in college, the pros and high school including Theresa Grentz, Chris Dailey, June Olkowski and Mary and Patty Coyle.

We are hoping to raise the production budget through donations of all shapes and sizes and are suggesting at least a $19.82 donation to the website below. The site has more background and a short trailer to give you an idea of what to expect. We recently reunited the team to watch the final game for the first time in 36 years. The game was not on TV and the game film was in Coach Grentz’s basement.

It’s a great story and we appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks, Jon

https://fiscal.ifp.org/project.cfm/1090/Forgotten-Champions/

Reactions: RUClassof67
ADVERTISEMENT