1st Coaches Rankings

2 - Suriano
16 - Delvecchio
12 - Deluca
13 - John Van Brill
11 - Lewis
15 - Gravina
32 - Mulligan

My only thoughts are not Rutgers related. How is Spencer Lee and Nick Lee on these rankings but Tomasello isn't?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
2 - Suriano
16 - Delvecchio
12 - Deluca
13 - John Van Brill
11 - Lewis
15 - Gravina
32 - Mulligan

My only thoughts are not Rutgers related. How is Spencer Lee and Nick Lee on these rankings but Tomasello isn't?

I believe you need at least 5 division 1 matches up to this point and has wrestled in last 30 days (for example Ryan Preisch has 8 matches but none in last 30 days and not listed). Nick Lee has 20 matches. Spencer has 9.

Last edited:
I believe you need at least 5 division 1 matches up to this point. Nick Lee has 20 matches. Spencer has 9.

I guess unattached matches count then?

Seems like last years results heavily influence their rankings. Tomasello slides into #2?

I noticed they have Van Brill as Vanschenkbrill or something like that. Earlier in the year I was watching a tournament and they had his name like that as well.

Is his real name Vanschenkbrill or Van Brill?

I guess unattached matches count then?

Seems like last years results heavily influence their rankings. Tomasello slides into #2?

Every match counts unless you never wrestled attached all year. Once you wrestle in your teams singlet all those matches count. So if Spencer didn't wrestle attached this year, he would go into next year at 0-0. Think of it like this..a redshirt is only a redshirt once the season is over.

It is funny..people always saying "pull the shirt" when in reality there is no shirt until season over.

How is Mike Van Brill not in there? 10-6 with wins over a few of the guys on the list

Richie Lewis #11 in country but only #7 in Conference at 165..The B1G Tournament Finals, 9th and 10th place matches will be electric in almost every weight.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I noticed they have Van Brill as Vanschenkbrill or something like that. Earlier in the year I was watching a tournament and they had his name like that as well.

Is his real name Vanschenkbrill or Van Brill?
Does it really matter lol

Does it really matter lol

Interesting to me..somebody that knows that family posted this on PSU board.

Vanschenkbrill is the familie's real (original) name that was shortened to VanBrill when his grandfather came to the U.S. after WWII. His Uncle Hans, who was also a successful HS wrestler, started using Vanshenckbrill after high school. They are really a wonderful family that owns and operates Van Brill Pools in Gloucester County.

Interesting tidbit, @ 133, Ausitin Desanto at #4 and Jack Muller at #5
Muller has beaten DeSanto 3 times.

ADVERTISEMENT