ADVERTISEMENT

2 Brutal Stats!

RU-ROCS

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Turnovers and FT shooting the worst I've seen in years today - and that even includes last year's debacle of a season!

Freeman 1-8? That's unbelievable. Shoot 75% from the foul line and you're in this game.

Finding a solution to the offensive woes seems insolvable right now.

Next practice instead of running offensive plays (not sure if we really use those a lot anyway) or running up and down the court (practicing chasing their players on a fast break so we can push them while they dunk), they need to just set up the 10 hoops we have and everyone shoots free throws for three hours. Nothing else. And then maybe we'll have a chance in a Big Ten game

Now 21 TO's! If you don't have alot of talent you need to remain fundamentally sound. Brutal performance. This should be unacceptable to the staff. I want to some sort of evidence that is the case.

Turnovers and FT shooting the worst I've seen in years today - and that even includes last year's debacle of a season!
Sadly, I agree with you. If we just hit even 70% of our FT's we would have made this a game. And the TO's were atrocious leading to Indiana's point differential. I know we lost by 19, but I was not impressed with Indiana at all. That 19 point loss was due to poor FT shooting and TO's. Our defense and rebounding continue to impress while our shooting woes continue. God, we need Pikiell to recruit shooters NOW!

Reactions: RUDave_01
Someone had previously mentioned the First Foul Shot by Rutgers players.....t always seems rushed....then, they compose themselves and the 2nd shot always looks better. It may miss too, but, it always looks better..... It's strange.

Sa.............0-3
Johnson...0-3
Doorson....0-0
Diallo........1-2
Omaruyi ...1-2
Thiam........1-2
Williams ....2-5
...................5-17
7 guys....5 buckets

I would look at this stat.......... 5-17

Freeman 1-8? That's unbelievable. Shoot 75% from the foul line and you're in this game.

Freeman was 3-10 not 1-8 & played with the flu
we lost by 19pts
I am guessing math isnt your strong point,,

If Mike William shot better than 2-5 a game..now THAT would keep us in the game

Reactions: G- RUnit
Freeman was 3-10 not 1-8 & played with the flu
we lost by 19pts
I am guessing math isnt your strong point,,

If Mike William shot better than 2-5 a game..now THAT would keep us in the game
I'm assuming he meant that if we shoot 75% as a team we're in this game.

You skipped some of the Gary Waters years, then. (And I loved Gary Waters, but one or two of those years RU was AWFUL from the free throw line.)

Maybe. But the combination of FT futility and 20+ TOs was unbearable to watch today!

We gnash our teeth every game looking for why but it gets to the same place every time.

This team has very low basketball talent for this level. End of story.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
ADVERTISEMENT