ADVERTISEMENT

200 Game Club

My wife took on an entire section during the 08 NC game...
@RutgersRaRa and I were about to destroy a couple of drunks telling the players at halftime to go into the locker room and kill themselves during a Game at one point too. We have some ignorant fans
Laviano gets drilled by staying in the pocket at the goal line to complete a pass and has to come out for Rettig. One play later he’s back in there to boos. I stood upstairs in my Section and lost it...”I’ll fight all of you!” LOL My friend right next to me goes...”calm down and sit down.”

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
My first game was in 1950: RU 42 NYU 0
I've been to 404 Rutgers football games.

Click on each article to make it bigger

i-nvrgQJZ.jpg

i-9DbmSzs.jpg

i-F9dcWT9.jpg

i-dFmtPS6.jpg

i-kzZS6b4.jpg

i-3DQndQV.jpg

i-LRZBVD7.jpg

How many people here have attended 200 or more Rutgers Football Games personally?

I've been a fan for 50 years and season ticket holder for 30 and have attended probably 25 away games over the years so I’m pretty sure I’m either at or near 200 games.

probably 20 or so games during and before college

10 years averaging 3-4 games a year = 35

20 years averaging 7 games a year = 140

I’m probably there or close.

I bet there’s some with over 300 games attended.

Let’s hear from you!

51 seasons and I’ve missed 3 home games. 2 because my son was in the state FB playoffs and 1 for cancer surgery. Went to all away games for the better part of 10 years. No clue how many games I’ve been to but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s north of 300.

51 seasons and I’ve missed 3 home games. 2 because my son was in the state FB playoffs and 1 for cancer surgery. Went to all away games for the better part of 10 years. No clue how many games I’ve been to but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s north of 300.
Wow!

congrats - a true Scarlet Knight

50 years @ 6 games gets you 300 alone before away games.

I did the math and I’m further away than I thought. I’m in the 160s. I don’t think I attended as many as I thought in the pre-season tix days. More following on radio and tv.
Pete - I'm about 180+. That's a lot of bad games we've seen.

Went to all the home games during my college career 1982-1986.

Occasional games 1986-1993. I was in the National Guard and weekend drills resulted in only a few games per season. Estimating 2 games per season?

Starting 1994 bought season tickets, attended all home games. Occasional road game.

1996 began attending all games, home, road and bowl.

So that comes out to something like 350.

Some of the more recent "Only a real nut would go to this game" incidents:

- 2018 at Michigan State Gio Rescigno gets the start in his home state in last game of a lost season. The half dozen or so RU fans I saw there were well outnumbered by the Rescigno clan's Gio rooting section. In a freezing drizzle.

- 2019 at Penn State. Bitterly cold day on another utterly futile season finale. I think every other Rutgers fan there was family of players or coaches?

Yes, a lot of bad football there. Still, no regrets.

And I never booed.

I did see quite a few very good football players during those years and a lot of them were our guys. Saw some AA's in my early years, but they were on the other team. These were guys you would see on tv playing big games.

Reactions: NorthernKnight
I don't have an exact count but I expect that I am easily over 200:

1) 26 years as a season ticket holder. I'll give my self credit for 5 games per year though its probably more as at one point I went about 12 years without missing: 130 games
2) Bowl games: 5
3) Away games that I can name off the top of my head: 18

That totals 153. then from my freshman year to I bought season tickets is another 17 seasons probably averaging 4 games a year adds another 68 so I end up at 221.

Reactions: NorthernKnight
ADVERTISEMENT