ADVERTISEMENT

200 Game Club

NorthernKnight

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
How many people here have attended 200 or more Rutgers Football Games personally?

I've been a fan for 50 years and season ticket holder for 30 and have attended probably 25 away games over the years so I’m pretty sure I’m either at or near 200 games.

probably 20 or so games during and before college

10 years averaging 3-4 games a year = 35

20 years averaging 7 games a year = 140

I’m probably there or close.

I bet there’s some with over 300 games attended.

Let’s hear from you!

How many people here have attended 200 or more Rutgers Football Games personally?

I've been a fan for 50 years and season ticket holder for 30 and have attended probably 25 away games over the years so I’m pretty sure I’m either at or near 200 games.

probably 20 or so games during and before college

10 years averaging 3-4 games a year = 35

20 years averaging 7 games a year = 140

I’m probably there or close.

I bet there’s some with over 300 games attended.

Let’s hear from you!
50 years? Wow, that's a lot of pain and suffering. :)

Some might call the OP a masochist. God bless that commitment and loyalty!!

counting my undergrad days, I’ve been to maybe 20 total games.

other than a meaningful bowl game (rose?) who knows if I ever get to another game. 0__0

Before I had season tickets, I would go 2-3 times a year on average. Have season tickets now for 25 years and maybe missed two home games during that time. Been a fan for about 45 years, so I may be close too. I need to go back over the schedules to see when there was 6 vs. 7 home games.

Reactions: NorthernKnight
I don’t think I booed an RU coach or player, but I remember a strange TO decision by GS vs. USF in 2005 eliciting a loud WTF from me.
WTF/Ah Shit/come on man!

all fair as those are just natural reactions. Booing, under any circumstances is BS.

I remember Mr Teel refusing to sit with his wife and daughter as he felt he would hurt someone if he did.

Getting close to 100 here. Couple of away games, two pinstripe bowls, and season tickets for 16 years.

I did the math and I’m further away than I thought. I’m in the 160s. I don’t think I attended as many as I thought in the pre-season tix days. More following on radio and tv.

I'm right around 160 games or so and have been a fan since 1997. I thought it may have been a bit higher since I went to a fair number of road games in my first ten years of being a fan.

Kudos to anyone who's made it to 200, especially considering the futility of the team for most of them.

I'm in the neighborhood of 200, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. I've been a season-ticket holder since 1994. I haven't missed a home game since 10/23/99. I've attended about 15 road games since becoming a STH. Prior to becoming a STH, I attended about 20 games.

Curious how many have attended 10 or more and never booed a player, only the coaches.lol

congrats on a very long fandom!
I may not have booed or attended 200 games in my lifetime. But definitely threw my hands up in the air and screamed "WTF are we doing out there" over 200 times the past three years.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I am close. Season ticket holder since 93. I have missed a few game over the years .... most notably the game they retired Eric’s #... sad I missed that one. Handful of games while a student ... 83-87 and some away games. It wasnt until this past year that I left a game early ... including the white washes by WVU and miserable weather games This year just couldn’t stomach sitting there I am confident Schiano will turn it around !!!!

Season ticket holder for 37 years and pretty sure haven't missed more then 10 games during that stretch. Add all the games while in school 74-78, and games before I bought season tickets and a bunch while a kid.

I'm right around 160 games or so and have been a fan since 1997. I thought it may have been a bit higher since I went to a fair number of road games in my first ten years of being a fan.

Kudos to anyone who's made it to 200, especially considering the futility of the team for most of them.
If you look at the last 50 years. In my opinion there has only been two stretches comprising 8 years when it was painful. 5 under Shea and 3 under Ash. And those still had their bright moments and favorite players to root for.

The Burns era was fun to watch. our kids played their hearts out and had some huge upsets.

The Andersen Teams had some great wins but were marked by inconsistency.

The Graber Teams were loaded with talent and fun to watch but he never got the O and D rolling at the same time.

The Shea years were miserable.

The Schiano years were fantastic even when they were bad and building.

Even the Flood Teams were fun to watch...until they weren’t.

The Ash Teams were a labor of love.

But the tailgating was always good and the camaraderie and pride in Rutgers always there!

If you look at the last 50 years. In my opinion there has only been two stretches comprising 8 years when it was painful. 5 under Shea and 3 under Ash. And those still had their bright moments and favorite players to root for.

The Burns era was fun to watch. our kids played their hearts out and had some huge upsets.

The Graber Teams were loaded with talent and fun to watch but he never got the O and D rolling at the same time.

But the tailgating was always good and the camaraderie and pride in Rutgers always there!
You have a low bar for “fantastic” - I’ll give you that. Other than 3 quarters against Miami, what was”fantastic” about 2002? Was New Hampshire or Buffanova fantastic? I could go on all day but you get the point.

Good points. The problem with the low periods was that they were so low they tainted our overall history. With regard to Graber, under the current bowl structure he likely takes teams to three of them.

You have a low bar for “fantastic” - I’ll give you that. Other than 3 quarters against Miami, what was”fantastic” about 2002? Was New Hampshire or Buffanova fantastic? I could go on all day but you get the point.
You could see it building in the early years and knew he’d get it going. Just watching Tres Moses alone was better than the anything in the Shea Days.

then when it got going...

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Been going to every home game since grad school (36 years, so guessing 235 there). Probably went to 2/3 of games in my 4 years as an undergrad - let's say 16. Throw in about 25 away games and 8 bowl games, that's about 284 games - that's probably +/- 5 games.

This year would have been my 40th year watching Rutgers Football - my first 6 years were in the Rutgers marching Band, so I would have been seeing 7-9 games a year. So I think I have probably eclipsed the 200 game level by now.

Been going to every home game since grad school (36 years, so guessing 235 there). Probably went to 2/3 of games in my 4 years as an undergrad - let's say 16. Throw in about 25 away games and 8 bowl games, that's about 284 games - that's probably +/- 5 games.
You call yourself an engineer? You have to take that out to at least 2 decimal points.

I'm probably around 140. Started RU in 94, prob went to 1/2 the games during my years on the banks. So that's around 14 or so. From 98-2004 didn't have season tickets, but went to a couple of games per year, so say another 12 games. Started season tix in 2004 and missed 3 games, so 16x7 or so games is 112. 112+26 would get me to 138 which should be about accurate.

Congrats on the 200+.

Had season tickets for 65 years minus school years and military service probably 60 years of attending games. It was over 100 by the time I finished NBHS. Missed 1 game from 1953 - 1963. It's probably somewhere between 400-450 games. A lot of losses early on, but than we started winning and it became fun. It has definitely been memorable.

My first game was in 1950: RU 42 NYU 0
I've been to 404 Rutgers football games.
Did they put a photo of game action on the program cover in 1950 ?
I remember them doing that from the early 50's and my first games, usually from the previous week.

Did they put a photo of game action on the program cover in 1950 ?
I remember them doing that from the early 50's and my first games, usually from the previous week.

Not that I recall for games in the early 1950's. I do have a bunch of old programs and will take a look.

At least my wife only went thru 14 hours of labor. We had to endure over 3 years with Ash

Had season tickets for 65 years minus school years and military service probably 60 years of attending games. It was over 100 by the time I finished NBHS. Missed 1 game from 1953 - 1963. It's probably somewhere between 400-450 games. A lot of losses early on, but than we started winning and it became fun. It has definitely been memorable.
Congratulations & Admiration!

you may know my Dad, “Bingo”.

I’ve booed fans before.
My wife took on an entire section during the 08 NC game...
@RutgersRaRa and I were about to destroy a couple of drunks telling the players at halftime to go into the locker room and kill themselves during a Game at one point too. We have some ignorant fans

ADVERTISEMENT