ADVERTISEMENT

RUfromNJ

All Conference
Oct 23, 2007
Florida
In thinking back to which team this one reminds me of (albeit thru 4 games), the closest comparison I can draw is to that of ‘05. Measurable steps taken resulting in a bowl berth, but still a work in progress. Last year reminded me of ‘04 - a tougher out, but not quite ready to win consistently just yet. One thing is for certain, I much prefer doing it against this competition as opposed to the likes of who we played back then:

at Illinois - L - 33-30 (OT)
vs Villanova - W - 38-6
at Buffalo - W - 17-3
vs Pitt - W - 37-29
vs WVU - L- 27-13
at Syracuse - W - 31-9
at UConn - W - 26-24
vs Navy - W - 31-21
vs USF - L - 45-31
at #23 Louisville - L - 56-5
vs Cincinnati - W - 41-9

7-4 (4-3)

vs ASU - L - 45-40 (Insight Bowl)

In thinking back to which team this one reminds me of (albeit thru 4 games), the closest comparison I can draw is to that of ‘05. Measurable steps taken resulting in a bowl berth, but still a work in progress. Last year reminded me of ‘04 - a tougher out, but not quite ready to win consistently just yet. One thing is for certain, I much prefer doing it against this competition as opposed to the likes of who we played back then:

vs Villanova - W - 38-6
at Buffalo - W - 17-3
vs Pitt - W - 37-29
vs WVU - L- 27-13
at Syracuse - W - 31-9
at UConn - W - 26-24
vs Navy - W - 31-21
vs USF - L - 45-31
vs Cincinnati - W - 41-9

7-4 (4-3)

Illinois was my baptism into RU football fandom. Always a soft spot for ‘05

This game was somewhat reminiscent of @WVU in 2003. It was there for the taking and we didn’t capitalize. Bonehead coaching move right before the half that day lead to an easy WVU score going into the locker room.

Last edited:

vs Villanova - W - 38-6
at Buffalo - W - 17-3
vs Pitt - W - 37-29
vs WVU - L- 27-13
at Syracuse - W - 31-9
at UConn - W - 26-24
vs Navy - W - 31-21
vs USF - L - 45-31
vs Cincinnati - W - 41-9

7-4 (4-3)

Of. the 4 losses,RU won 3 of them the next year and had the
fourth one stolen by the refs Don't know what this info has to do with today's game but what the hell.

Reactions: KnightNick74
The win @Cuse was huge and the comeback win @UConn was epic. Bowl game was still the best yet.

I feel like its 2004. We were short on talent vs. our peers but were showing confidence on the field; a level of confidence that kind of took our opponent by surprise. I remember the Michigan State game in 2004 and thinking.......these guys actually look like they have some swagger (and speed). This team has some speed and we are only going to get faster.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half, RU punched Michigan in the mouth and Michigan was startled most of the half. I remember this feeling in 2004 that some teams were a little startled with what they saw out of Rutgers compared to previous years.

Its amazing how a team takes on the personality of the head coach and how quickly it happens.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
This was the 56-5 L’ville game, but at home.

Let’s bounce back a better team, and hope the recruits were busy playing video games in the lounge

Reactions: RUfromNJ
ADVERTISEMENT