157- Theobold
165- Lewis

174- Bakuckas
184- Gravina
197- Kremiller / Mulligan
HWT- Normandia / McDonald / Correnti
(doubtful)

Reactions: ruteelrice
That seems like the wise move for the team but I think Theo and Lewis should both stay at 149 and 157 and I think they will win some matches at NCAA. Maybe Grello or Vanbrill can hold down 165.

That seems like the wise move for the team but I think Theo and Lewis should both stay at 149 and 157 and I think they will win some matches at NCAA. Maybe Grello or Vanbrill can hold down 165.
I agree with this, unless they both hit an unexpected growth spurt between now and next season. Theo's best weight is at 149 and I think he has a realistic outside shot at an AA. Same goes for Lewis re: 157.

My feeling is that we won't have as good as a dual meet team as last year. It ll be a bit of a rebuild. So the focus will most likely be on individual accomplishment. Hence guys need to be at their best weight. Theo and Lewis should stay at their weights. Correnti and the BC guys should probably redshirt. Hopefully McCabe improves and Scott has a better ncaa showing at 133. And of course AA is in the hunt for a title.

it will be pretty interesting to see how next years lineup shakes out, to say the least.. a lot of variables to be worked out.. Especially at the last 2 weights...

125- McCabe
133- Delvecchio
141- Ashnault
149- Giraldo / Dippery
157- Theobold
165- Lewis

174- Bakuckas
184- Gravina
197- Kremiller / Mulligan
HWT- Normandia / McDonald / Correnti
(doubtful)

Our line is still very strong. 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, 174 and 184 are ROCK solid with proven winner who are expected to be even better! Ashnault, McCabe, Giraldo, Theo, Dip, Lewis, Bak, and Gravina all have realistic chance of being on the podium come next Nationals. Just think of the improvement these kids made b/w last year and this year, and if the growth continues, watch out!

If Theo can make 149, he should stay there, but that kid looks bigger now and 157 maybe his best weight - we all saw the negatives of cutting weight from Giraldo this year... Lewis should redshirt - he has a shot for top 3 finish in 157, and he can develop more physically and mentally. Dippery is strong in 149, and will be better next year. Giraldo - can he make 149? 141 appears to be the right weight for him, but if he does move up to 149, and beats out Dippery, why not! I'm also excited for Bak and Gravina - they didn't do that well in the nationals, but they'll be monsters next year. Bak was coming along nicely offensively, and Gravina - that kid is a warrior. Not many can pop their shoulder back in and win wrestling matches with opponent knowing your shoulder just popped out.

And if we can fill those other weights with serviceable new wrestlers, it's all bonus!

Maybe Giraldo pulls a Steven Rodrigues and bumps up 4 weight classes?
Dude..you and I might be the only ones that think that is a great idea.He is definitely strong,and tall enough Would love too see Mccade,Del,Ash,Theo or Giraldo, Giraldo or Theo,VanBrill,Bak,Gravina,Kremiller,and Mac Donald .I would redshirt all those guys (Grello,Mulligan,Correnti) Correnti needs a full year too "beef up" and be comfortable with it.I can see him at 255-260lbs strong in 2017.Hope Scoot has some good workout partners for the big guys.I'm sure he will though.MacDonald needs too get stronger,and more physical.I haven;t been very impressed from what I've seen so far.

Reactions: IsItLuck
Hrymack was a hard worker and won some big matches but Kremiller could be an upgrade at 197, no?

Side to side, he looks so much bigger than Dippery... But regardless, I think Lewis should redshirt and get even better.
Personally, I thought Dippery looked like a small 149lber. Probably because he has a slender build. Theo is a powerful 149lber. Definitely more muscle mass than Dippery.

Theo is just ripped. He probably wins half of his matches by pure intimidation!

RUCreedo - Are we still getting the Penn State recruit you promised ? If yes, when will the announcement be made ?

When you wrote,

"Dude..you and I might be the only ones that think that is a great idea.He is definitely strong,and tall enough Would love too see Mccade,Del,Ash,Theo or Giraldo, Giraldo or Theo,VanBrill,Bak,Gravina,Kremiller,and Mac Donald", I was curious if the recruit/transfer you wrote about is still coming.

Please let us know. You created a lot of interest and we are all waiting and hope that you are credible.

RUCreedo - Are we still getting the Penn State recruit you promised ? If yes, when will the announcement be made ?

When you wrote,

"Dude..you and I might be the only ones that think that is a great idea.He is definitely strong,and tall enough Would love too see Mccade,Del,Ash,Theo or Giraldo, Giraldo or Theo,VanBrill,Bak,Gravina,Kremiller,and Mac Donald", I was curious if the recruit/transfer you wrote about is still coming.

Please let us know. You created a lot of interest and we are all waiting and hope that you are credible.
It's comin my brother.Apparently this person is ready,100%,barring Cael sniper rifling him...lol.

it will be tough to replace Smith and Perrotti. we mat see a step back at a couple weights and might not be as good a dual meet team but 7/10 starters (and NCAA qualifiers) return and 2 qualifiers are coming off redshirt. if the returning guys all progress as they did in the last year there won't be much of a step back. but we'll see. a lot of time between now and next fall.

Reactions: jerzey devil
I think giraldo will he 157 next year. I think Lewis goes 165 and theo/dippery fight out 149

Not sure I like Lewis at 165. I like him right where he is at. Did he have any issues with weight? I didn't think he did.

IMOP, Theo will be at 149. I love how Dippery maned up at the B1G tourney, but I don't see him taking Theo.

I'm fine as well with Giraldo bumping up 4 weights. His body is built to be at 157 or 165. Perhaps redshirt him and get his strength up. To much damn talent there to be wasted.

Not sure I like Lewis at 165. I like him right where he is at. Did he have any issues with weight? I didn't think he did.

IMOP, Theo will be at 149. I love how Dippery maned up at the B1G tourney, but I don't see him taking Theo.

I'm fine as well with Giraldo bumping up 4 weights. His body is built to be at 157 or 165. Perhaps redshirt him and get his strength up. To much damn talent there to be wasted.
Giraldo used his redshirt. From what I am hearing Lips has it correct with Theo at 149, Giraldo 157, and Lewis at 165.

Giraldo used his redshirt. From what I am hearing Lips has it correct with Theo at 149, Giraldo 157, and Lewis at 165.

Damn, you're right. How did I forget that? Turn 40 and your brain turns to mush. In that case it might make sense to bump up Lewis.

If Giraldo and Lewis can bulk up to wrestle at those effectively then our lineup would be stacked up until we figure 97 and hwt. I'd even consider wrestling Mulligan and/or Correntti right away if the coaches feel they are ready. Hey, look what Mcfadden and Myles Martin did as true fresh.

I would like to see Lewis redshirt and be around the program another two years. He will be a real asset for the room. No one has mentioned John Van Brill. He looks like he has some ability and upside. Maybe he gets in the mix at 157/165. I would like to see Mulligan and Correnti redshirt but it may not be possible. Thanks. $$$$

Our line is still very strong. 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, 174 and 184 are ROCK solid with proven winner who are expected to be even better! Ashnault, McCabe, Giraldo, Theo, Dip, Lewis, Bak, and Gravina all have realistic chance of being on the podium come next Nationals. Just think of the improvement these kids made b/w last year and this year, and if the growth continues, watch out!

If Theo can make 149, he should stay there, but that kid looks bigger now and 157 maybe his best weight - we all saw the negatives of cutting weight from Giraldo this year... Lewis should redshirt - he has a shot for top 3 finish in 157, and he can develop more physically and mentally. Dippery is strong in 149, and will be better next year. Giraldo - can he make 149? 141 appears to be the right weight for him, but if he does move up to 149, and beats out Dippery, why not! I'm also excited for Bak and Gravina - they didn't do that well in the nationals, but they'll be monsters next year. Bak was coming along nicely offensively, and Gravina - that kid is a warrior. Not many can pop their shoulder back in and win wrestling matches with opponent knowing your shoulder just popped out.

And if we can fill those other weights with serviceable new wrestlers, it's all bonus!

1/2 of those guys wont sniff The Podium, geez you must be kidding. What did you see from 125,133,149,174 that makes you think they get on the podium next year?RU going to take its lumps next yr-really no way around it. Lead-off is weak and they dont have a closer anymore. Better days ahead BUT not next year...

1/2 of those guys wont sniff The Podium, geez you must be kidding. What did you see from 125,133,149,174 that makes you think they get on the podium next year?RU going to take its lumps next yr-really no way around it. Lead-off is weak and they dont have a closer anymore. Better days ahead BUT not next year...

You don't think Theo, assuming he goes 149, has an outside shot at getting on the podium? He has some good wins in his career and has only gotten better each year. Gave Retherford one of his better matches this year too.

Man!!..You're a regular friggin "Mr.Optomistic".Theo,Lewis,and Giraldo all have legitimate chances to AA.Ash has all the tools too win it all.Gravina has an outside shot of AA's.By the was,your forum name..Mr.Ironia"..is it that you live in Ironia NJ near Randolph NJ?

My expectations next year

125: McCabe NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
133: Delvecchio NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
141: Ashnault All American
149: Theobold: All American
157: (Lewis/Dippery/GIraldo): NCAA Qualifier
165: Van Brill (Lewis RS) - non NCAA Qualiifer
174: Bak: NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
184: Gravina: NCAA Qualifier - Blood Round
197: Struggle
285: Struggle

That is 7 of 10 weights qualified
Top 25 Dual Team
Top 15 NCAA Tourney team
3 weight classes scored no points for the team last year.

I am curious to how Van Brill would perform next year.
I don't see McKall or Paetzall making the lineup
Not sure ho Upper weights will perform.

Giraldo, Lewis and Gravina have all beaten all americans this year. Dippery and McCabe qualified for the NCAAs. I'd consider that sniffing the podium (they were all in the same room as it, afterall).

if the team continues to improve as it did from last year to this one, there is no reason a handful of Knights couldn't be competing past day 1 of the NCAAs next year.

I wouldn't expect it but there I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

My expectations next year

125: McCabe NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
133: Delvecchio NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
141: Ashnault All American
149: Theobold: All American
157: (Lewis/Dippery/GIraldo): NCAA Qualifier
165: Van Brill (Lewis RS) - non NCAA Qualiifer
174: Bak: NCAA Qualifier - win at least 1 match
184: Gravina: NCAA Qualifier - Blood Round
197: Struggle
285: Struggle

That is 7 of 10 weights qualified
Top 25 Dual Team
Top 15 NCAA Tourney team
3 weight classes scored no points for the team last year.

I am curious to how Van Brill would perform next year.
I don't see McKall or Paetzall making the lineup
Not sure ho Upper weights will perform.
This is exactly how I see things as well. Great post. Can't we pick up a guy at 197 or 285 from another program. In wrestling they don't have to sit right?

Delveccio has better shot than Giraldo. Dels a hard worker who prob took advantage of red shirting & worked his ass off. I still cant beleive how bad AG looked.
Delveccio, Ash, Lewis & Gravina AA next year.

Reactions: KidDagger
This is exactly how I see things as well. Great post. Can't we pick up a guy at 197 or 285 from another program. In wrestling they don't have to sit right?
They can use their one time exemption if a non B1G wrestler and the schools gives them a release.

You cannot write off Richie Lewis next season. I think he's got a better than punchers chance of landing in the blood round which is all you can ask. Had he finished some of his shots last week, things might have turned out differently.

Sign me up as a believer in Delveccio as well. I think that guy could catch fire and surprise next season.

The one thing stood out to me is if your team wants to crack the top 10 at Nationals the you will need 3or 4 All Americans depending on how high they place. Its amazing that Noff and Zain buy them self would have took 12 or 13. That's insane. It's so rare to get guys that are bonus point machines and when Ruth and Taylor moved on I for one though we may never see guys like that any time soon. And 2 years later these 2 might be every bit as good.

The one thing stood out to me is if your team wants to crack the top 10 at Nationals the you will need 3or 4 All Americans depending on how high they place. Its amazing that Noff and Zain buy them self would have took 12 or 13. That's insane. It's so rare to get guys that are bonus point machines and when Ruth and Taylor moved on I for one though we may never see guys like that any time soon. And 2 years later these 2 might be every bit as good.
For a long time I have thought the point system is a little skewed towards those teams who have a finalist. Look at Wyoming this year they brought 3 guys. One guy in the finals, one guy one win and another guy with two wins and they placed right behind us at 18th. Are they the 18th best team in the country hell no, but they had one finalist so they are considered the 18th best. This was a 6-6 team that lost to Nebraska 35-4. I know this is the system and it's tough as hell to get a finalist but one guy can make an average to below average team be Top 20 at the end of the year.

For a long time I have thought the point system is a little skewed towards those teams who have a finalist. Look at Wyoming this year they brought 3 guys. One guy in the finals, one guy one win and another guy with two wins and they placed right behind us at 18th. Are they the 18th best team in the country hell no, but they had one finalist so they are considered the 18th best. This was a 6-6 team that lost to Nebraska 35-4. I know this is the system and it's tough as hell to get a finalist but one guy can make an average to below average team be Top 20 at the end of the year.
It is skewed in this way.. I agree. This is why recruiting TOP TIER talent is so important. We need to get top talents that are also driven. i.e. Ashnault. Dammit I wish we coulda gotten Suriano he's going to be Ash like in college. I think someone on Flo said that 1 champ scores more team points then 10 wrestlers in the round of 12... thats crazy. As this program continues to progress forward we only need to recruit the best of the best. So thankful we got Correntti, Mulligan, and Grello coming next year and RuCreedo's, unnamed transfer. Got my eyes on Glaslow and Lewis next year; we need them and to keep best talents in state.

Giraldo, Lewis and Gravina have all beaten all americans this year. Dippery and McCabe qualified for the NCAAs. I'd consider that sniffing the podium (they were all in the same room as it, afterall).

if the team continues to improve as it did from last year to this one, there is no reason a handful of Knights couldn't be competing past day 1 of the NCAAs next year.

I wouldn't expect it but there I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

McCabe beat an all-American too. Milhof

It is skewed in this way.. I agree. This is why recruiting TOP TIER talent is so important. We need to get top talents that are also driven. i.e. Ashnault. Dammit I wish we coulda gotten Suriano he's going to be Ash like in college. I think someone on Flo said that 1 champ scores more team points then 10 wrestlers in the round of 12... thats crazy. As this program continues to progress forward we only need to recruit the best of the best. So thankful we got Correntti, Mulligan, and Grello coming next year and RuCreedo's, unnamed transfer. Got my eyes on Glaslow and Lewis next year; we need them and to keep best talents in state.

fantastic post +1

ADVERTISEMENT