ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Offense Will be LETHAL

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

As long as we get competent replacements for Muller, Nelson and JJ on the OL (which I think we will have) then this offense will be LETHAL next year. QB- Gio, WRs- Ahmir, Janarion, Melton, Harris, Tsims, Watts, Jones, RB- Martin, Hicks, Sneed, TE- Jerome Washington. Athletes and playmakers everywhere. Our O can be scary scary good next year. However our front 7 on D needs some help. If Fogg and Fatukasi can come in and provide some competition at LB and we can land 1 or 2 JUCO interior dlineman or DWP from Pope John we could surprise alot of people next year. Im excited to see dynamic athletes in this offense!

I think we end up w another high profile wr.

The o will be more exciting

The high end need right now is d lineman

I think we end up w another high profile wr.

The o will be more exciting

The high end need right now is d lineman
We can move to the Big 12 where Defense is optional!
Look at Texas Tech-their QB threw for 734 yards, 5TD and TT scored 59 points and still lost. It's exciting to watch your team lose that way.

Reactions: RUkhoury
Skill positions will be more talented on O but it will be a ton of true freshman. QBs better for sure. TE sounds promising but the jury is out and we are betting hard on a transfer (how often do they work?) Need Seymour to keep playing RT this year.

I agree with the OP that next year's offense is going to be better than people think. The only thing I hope we don't do is play musical QB's or RB's. We have a good QB, stick with him. Use one RB and play a FB on 3rd and short. Do they still use FB's?

It all is about QB play.
Ya very much so. Certainly if we are looking for lethal.

I mean I expect better then what we saw early this year, but still very questionable at this point as to the level of play that can be expected.

We can move to the Big 12 where Defense is optional!
Look at Texas Tech-their QB threw for 734 yards, 5TD and TT scored 59 points and still lost. It's exciting to watch your team lose that way.

We got that QB beat. Our QB's have thrown for 1,110 yards and 10 TD's. Granted it took 8 games. By comparison Texas Tech has thrown for 3,799 and 32 TD's in only 7 games. Very sobering.

We got that QB beat. Our QB's have thrown for 1,110 yards and 10 TD's. Granted it took 8 games. By comparison Texas Tech has thrown for 3,799 and 32 TD's in only 7 games. Very sobering.
Texas Tech is 3-4, but they looked fantastic losing 4 games. Their only wins are against Stephen F. Austin and his 10 sisters, Louisiana Tech, and Kansas.

Texas Tech is 3-4, but they looked fantastic losing 4 games. Their only wins are against Stephen F. Austin and his 10 sisters, Louisiana Tech, and Kansas.

Yea I realize as a team they're struggling. But it's just mind boggling the offensive numbers some of these teams put up. And why is it sooo hard for us??

Ya very much so. Certainly if we are looking for lethal.

I mean I expect better then what we saw early this year, but still very questionable at this point as to the level of play that can be expected.

you mean one game in which we lost doesnt convince you that Gio is going to be a lethal qb to get us to 9-3 or greater?

2 weeks ago people were screaming and moaning about the offense and the OC. one good game and now we're going to be lethal next year. #trylithiumforthat #bipolardisorder

welcome to the Rutgers football message board where gluttons for punishment are always projecting ahead instead and taking things for granted instead of worrying about whether we can pick up one win this year in league, they have us already in New Years Day bowls in two years

Skill positions will be more talented on O but it will be a ton of true freshman. QBs better for sure. TE sounds promising but the jury is out and we are betting hard on a transfer (how often do they work?) Need Seymour to keep playing RT this year.

We have Nakia Griffin-Stewart at TE as well. Looks like he could be a stud. Held off Louisville to land him.

76a1c86f66c6ac1299274b21ee3a858e.gif
Is_Eeyore_Happy__by_talismentV3.jpg

Your OL already is terrible but you are going to lose three starters and come back lethal next year?

kbtV8zN.gif
Hate to agree with the Nit but its the same thing I was going to say. Our OLine arguably gets worse next year.

Hate to agree with the Nit but its the same thing I was going to say. Our OLine arguably gets worse next year.
Disagree. I think Applefield can be as good if not better than Muller, RT has been a swinging door and literally can only get better, and Center is the only concern I have. Hoping Vamesky/Jackson can step up

It all is about QB play.
I have only what I consider to be a casual knowledge of football. But I'm surprised to hear a football coach say that. I always thought football coaches tend to say that it's all about the O and D lines.

Although, to compete with the Big Ten elite, I would guess it's all about being having quality three deep at every position on the field (except maybe kicker and punter).

Disagree. I think Applefield can be as good if not better than Muller, RT has been a swinging door and literally can only get better, and Center is the only concern I have. Hoping Vamesky/Jackson can step up
I hope you're right. If our line gets better and we have Melton, Janarion Grant and Harris on the field at the same time with Martin or Hicks, then this team is going to have a heck of a lot of playmakers. We finally start looking like a spread offense that has SPEED.

welcome to the Rutgers football message board where gluttons for punishment are always projecting ahead instead and taking things for granted instead of worrying about whether we can pick up one win this year in league, they have us already in New Years Day bowls in two years
Yeah it gets reduculous in this board sometimes because there are people that really don't understand college football let alone RU football and the challenges. It's gonna be step by step over time. No shortcuts. But ash will get it done. Enjoy the improvement over the next couple of years. We are the butt of jokes right now around the country . You dont change that Over night

As long as we get competent replacements for Muller, Nelson and JJ on the OL (which I think we will have) then this offense will be LETHAL next year. QB- Gio, WRs- Ahmir, Janarion, Melton, Harris, Tsims, Watts, Jones, RB- Martin, Hicks, Sneed, TE- Jerome Washington. Athletes and playmakers everywhere. Our O can be scary scary good next year. However our front 7 on D needs some help. If Fogg and Fatukasi can come in and provide some competition at LB and we can land 1 or 2 JUCO interior dlineman or DWP from Pope John we could surprise alot of people next year. Im excited to see dynamic athletes in this offense!
sorry kyk but I don't see how we can overcome our line issues next year.

Reactions: RUJMM78
I agree. No way you are going to replace those OL and be lethal.

It seems that the reports on Seymour have been very positive. Remember he's only been an OL for less than 2 months. Give him an off season and see where he is. He had some issues with speed rushers in his first start. You obviously know enough to realize it's tough to replicate game speed in practice. He'll get better.

I agree C and RG will be tough spots to fill. There will probably be 5 underclassmen looking to fill those spots. Hopefully there will be a couple who prove to be serviceable. Can't expect much more than that at this point.

I do agree somewhat with those who say having more than 1 "dangerous" WR will help open up the offense. I say somewhat because several mentioned have no actual body of work to be certain just yet.

I have only what I consider to be a casual knowledge of football. But I'm surprised to hear a football coach say that. I always thought football coaches tend to say that it's all about the O and D lines.

Although, to compete with the Big Ten elite, I would guess it's all about being having quality three deep at every position on the field (except maybe kicker and punter).

our O line is mediocre this year but our offense was far worse because of our QB play.

Yeah it gets reduculous in this board sometimes because there are people that really don't understand college football let alone RU football and the challenges. It's gonna be step by step over time. No shortcuts. But ash will get it done. Enjoy the improvement over the next couple of years. We are the butt of jokes right now around the country . You dont change that Over night
Or there are some people who understand but choose to think optimistically and positively about things, instead of the constant gloom and doom from the board eeyores.

ADVERTISEMENT