ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting

RUKeystone

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2009
New York, NY
So with it certainly looking like we could be done for recruiting for this upcoming season (haven't read much about remaining JUCOs or transfers), what are we looking at for 2017? Maybe I'm already slightly jaded by the recruiting success Ash has had so far but I did expect a to see a little more buzz on the recruiting trail with guys like Knight and Hobbs on staff.

Are guys like Alvarado/four star talents seriously interested in coming here or is the basketball program just simply climbing out of a deeper hole compared to the football program? Would be great to see a four star or two land here in 17' but I realize that might be asking too much. Hopefully we can continue to make some inroads at schools like RC, St. Ants, Christ the King etc. Bullock was a great start.

Reactions: Scangg
Three point guards - Jose Alvarado, Geo Baker (Massachusetts), and Luke Loewe (Wisconsin) all visited in June. I'd guess we land one of them. Baker and Loewe don't have any other major offers yet, so I'd presume they're the more likely. If Pikiell gets Alvarado it would show he's the real deal in terms of recruiting, as he's not a Jersey kid and can go just about anywhere (Georgia Tech, Miami, Seton Hall, Indiana, Oklahoma St., St. John's all offered).

With the exception of a nine day dead period in May, basketball has been in a quiet period since April 25th. So there was no trail to be on.

The first July evaluation period begins at 5pm July 6th.

August-Oct are typically official visit, school and home visit months followed by commitments and signings in November.

I think our biggest chance is with Baker.

Regardless of who we have on our staff, we need a season with a decent amount of wins. New marketing for RU sports is also helping.

Reactions: Scangg
I'm hoping coach can piggy back off ashs success and say it's a new day for Rutgers athletics and not just football

Saquan Singleton is a 2017 SG from Mnsr Scanlan in The Bx. SHU is on this kid and we should be too.

ADVERTISEMENT