ADVERTISEMENT

2018 G Mac McClung

Yooooooo. Wow. How tall is he? Geez, I would love this kid. Great name, too.

Hes been getting a ton of hype on Instagram/Twitter/Social Media. His cousin is Riff Raff some rapper. Kids talented and athletic. Sign us up.

Good back up plan if Pikiell misses on the top choices at PG. IMO, There are at least 3 or 4 higher on the board at PG. Gotta keep a lot of options available.

I hope we are still an option for Carey, Duke, Marcus Zegarowski

Last edited:
Obviously not sure how his game will translate in BIG but wow would he be fun to watch... talk about getting the crowd pumped.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Very limited offers but if the HC wants him you have to trust I that.

Kid makes the game look easy.

I saw he stole a pass from Montez Mathis in that video. And put up a 3 on top guard Immanuel Quickly who is hearing from Kentucky.

if he unoffically visited id assume were offering? Havent seen any news on him.

I am hoping to hear something about how this visit goes. When I first saw this thread and went to his profile, I thought "ok this is a backup plan type of guy". Unrated, offers from lots of low majors to this point. Then I viewed his highlights, and saw some of the hype around this kid on twitter and elsewhere, and got pretty excited. Scored 64 points in a game, throwing down reverse alleyoops and windmill dunks in transition. Plays on an AAU team loaded with top talent. I have a strong feeling this would be a pivotal, centerpiece-type recruit to bring into the program. I think his recruitment may blow up, so I hope the staff doesn't mess around and puts a hard press on him. Don't wait around for someone like Virginia to offer him and then miss out. Make him a priority.

Some majors are showing interest.
Yes according to a tweet, he's heard from Gonazaga, Arizona St, Marquette, Cincinnati, etc. I think offers are coming, that's why I hope our coaches don't waste any time.

This feels like the Geo Baker recruitment of last spring/summer.....kid looks the part but the rest of the planet hasn't readjusted their evaluations....there were kids with no High major offers 60 days ago, that now have Kansas offers after the spring evaluation periods.

I would guess that an offer is coming, if he kid passes the litmus test of team-chemistry and whether the rest of the team feels it's a fit....the talent there is without question, but there are pieces of the fan base that will only point to "who offered" or would rather have the ability to say Gonzaga, Yale and the rest of the mid level ACC have offered, before getting excited about the player or that he's not rated high enough.

The tape doesn't lie....I'm not saying he's an immediate starter, but he's definitely not a kid I think we should pass on at the PG position, while waiting for others that have had offers and haven't made a decision yet....my gut instinct tells me an offer is coming here, where it goes after that, who knows.

Yes according to a tweet, he's heard from Gonazaga, Arizona St, Marquette, Cincinnati, etc. I think offers are coming, that's why I hope our coaches don't waste any time.

I don't know how Rutgers is doing with the two four star PG's with offers, Jalen Carey and David Duke. Does Rutgers take a early shot here or wait it out on those 2 top 75 players? I know Carey visited a few months ago.

Personally, I would prefer one of those 6'4" PG's. but, this may be a "bird in the hand" type situation if the staff is really interested and if MacClung is interested.

Last edited:
I don't know how Rutgers is doing with the two four star PG's with offers, Jalen Carey and David Duke. Does Rutgers take a early shot here or wait it out on those 2 top 75 players? I know Carey visited a few months ago.
I don't know how the staff views their PG recruiting board or their chances with each, but as mentioned, I think it would be a mistake not to go hard after McClung. Carey in particular may be a long shot and may not even be a pure PG.

Reactions: RUMountie

Personally, I would prefer one of those 6'4" PG's. but, this may be a "bird in the hand" type situation if the staff is really interested and if MacClung is interested.
Duke didn't mention Rutgers to me last month when I was texting with him but it was difficult to get him to mention any schools actually.

I think there's a good chance that he doesn't leave New England but that's only my gut feeling right now

Duke is a very good guard and many believe Providence is a strong contender for his services....Carey is really not a PG by any stretch of imagination, but is a player that can score in bunches at 6'1 to 6'2", but he's really a shooting guard....playing him at PG probably suits his long term goals, but not sure he's a PG that can be asked to distribute and run an offense...he's classified as a PG because of his height more than anything else.

There are plenty of guards that can help RU take the next step forward, McClung has proven he can score, so I don't know what else may be needed other than perhaps being a liability on defense...if he can guard some people, I'm sure he'll secure an offer from RU and others.

Reactions: RUMountie
McClung and Zegrowski are the two offers we have out to PGs that really catch my attention. Hope RU could land Carey, but not sure we're there yet.

Reactions: higgins3
McClung and Zegrowski are the two offers we have out to PGs that really catch my attention. Hope RU could land Carey, but not sure we're there yet.

Zegroski has that Baker connection as well. The future looks bright for RU. Sure,neither is the type to go to Kentucky, but they will definitely contribute to Rutgers getting out of the bottom and in the 10-12 range.

David Dukes is not coming.

I like the way McClung passes the ball. He also is relentless. I would take him now if he accepts an offer. I believe today is his visit day.

ADVERTISEMENT