ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Season Finale

That was just so thrilling to watch. I loved seeing all of the guys and coaches being so happy and celebrating.Thank you for posting.

That game got us off the bubble. The NCAA tournament drought was broken. But alas, the most powerful force in nature, the RU screw, was still to be heard from. Ugh.

Reactions: shields
Over the past few months, I have wondered from time to time about how these guys might have just hit their stride, and what might have been. It's so bizarre. I'm a 49ers, Mariners, Devils, Jordan-then-Knicks, and Rutgers fan (it's complicated..but I'm 41 years old. I followed favorite players, Rice, Griffey, Jordan, and then just stuck with the team...well except for the Bulls. Judge me however you want..these choices sure as hell didn't win me many friends growing up)

As a sports fan, I've had it GOOD, especially when I was young. 5 superbowls and 3 wins. Jordan's 6 Championships. The Devils Dynasty. The worst losses in my memory are the tons of NFC Championship game losses by the 49ers (especially the ones to the Giants), the Devils loss to the Rangers (Matteau! Matteau!) and the game 7 loss to the Avalanche that got Ray Borque his Stanley Cup. Rutgers Football has its heartbreaks as well in the Schiano Era.

But if I could have one "game" back, it would be that this college basketball season was given its chance to be completed. I feel so proud and relieved to feel like the "drought" was lifted, but we never got the closure that it was lifted. I just hope this upcoming season can play out in its entirety and this 2020-2021 team can seal the deal and provide some closure for us.

Over the past few months, I have wondered from time to time about how these guys might have just hit their stride, and what might have been. It's so bizarre. I'm a 49ers, Mariners, Devils, Jordan-then-Knicks, and Rutgers fan (it's complicated..but I'm 41 years old. I followed favorite players, Rice, Griffey, Jordan, and then just stuck with the team...well except for the Bulls. Judge me however you want..these choices sure as hell didn't win me many friends growing up)

As a sports fan, I've had it GOOD, especially when I was young. 5 superbowls and 3 wins. Jordan's 6 Championships. The Devils Dynasty. The worst losses in my memory are the tons of NFC Championship game losses by the 49ers (especially the ones to the Giants), the Devils loss to the Rangers (Matteau! Matteau!) and the game 7 loss to the Avalanche that got Ray Borque his Stanley Cup. Rutgers Football has its heartbreaks as well in the Schiano Era.

But if I could have one "game" back, it would be that this college basketball season was given its chance to be completed. I feel so proud and relieved to feel like the "drought" was lifted, but we never got the closure that it was lifted. I just hope this upcoming season can play out in its entirety and this 2020-2021 team can seal the deal and provide some closure for us.

Yup...

I’ve really thought that we win at least one game in the NCAA in the 8/9 or 7/10 game ...

then in the second round, we, at least, give a 1 or 2 seed everything they can handle in a close loss, if not pull the upset.

I wanted another shot at Michigan in the B1G Tournament

Ugh, it was a euphoric feeling of FINALLY! after the Purdue game. What a gut punch to not get to see these guys in the NCAAs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT