MVP: Geo Baker
Honorable Mention MVP: Ron Harper
6th Man of the Year: Montez Mathis
Honorable Mention: Caleb McConnell
MIP: Caleb McConnell
Honorable Mention: Ron Harper
DPOY: Myles Johnson
Honorable Mention: Montez Mathis

Giving the MVP to a kid who hasn’t played a game in the big ten let alone with the team is bold to say the least.

When you watch the kid in practice all the time and see his game, you'll understand. He's already had some pretty big moments in the Big 12 with Texas.

Glad to hear he's looked great in practice... in the B12, though, he scored more than 14 points just once in 63 games and scored double digits just 9 times. He had that one stellar game toward the end of his sophomore year which Texas fans were hoping hinted at big things to come - so I'm hoping he's built off that in his redshirt season and is ready to come out strong this year. He's a huge wild card in my expectations, because his Texas production doesn't really tell a coherent story of how he'll be used here.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
MVP: Harper
HM: Young

6th man: McConnell
HM: Kiss

MIP: McConnell
HM: Johnson

DPOY: Mathis

TMOY: Baker
HM: Mulcahy

I've already seen the future. Here it is:
Co-MVP: Geo Baker/Ron Harper
6th Man of the Year: Caleb McConnell
MIP: Shaq/Myles
DPOY: I really think that it will be Jacob young but that the award will be given to Myles Johnson based on blocks. I'm so excited to see our team D this year! First year we see what our tenacious D is going to look like for the foreseeable future!
Teammate of year: Yeboah!

MVP: Harper
HM: Young

6th man: McConnell
HM: Kiss

MIP: McConnell

DPOY: Mathis

TMOY: Baker
HM: Mulcahy

If McConnell is most improved he’s starting. He’s really close to being very good.

This is wishful thinking.....
MVP: Mathis
6th: Caleb
MIP: Mathis
DPOY Mathis
TMOY Baker

Interesting. You always seem to place significant value on good outside shooting, and yet you have Mathis (and his sub 30% three point FG percentage) as MVP.

In edit - Mathis' 3-pt FG was an horrific 23.9%, not to mention his FT was 55.6%. Yes, he's a terrific athlete who has outstanding ability to drive to the hole, but these numbers strongly suggest that he will not be our MVP (even if each number improves), and even if he's a lockdown defender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT