ADVERTISEMENT

2019 targets getting the call

Russ Wood

All American
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Tonight at midnight is the first time college coaches can call or text members of the 2019 class. So if you are a night owl and interested, then check Twitter starting at midnight and you'll surely see some tweets about who heard from the Rutgers coaches.

Or maybe the mods will start a thread here or in the Round Table and update it with that info starting at midnight.

Reactions: biazza38 and Scangg
This is where the 9-5 looks highly favorable.

The student athlete has to be up at 8. The logic is weird.

Tonight at midnight is the first time college coaches can call or text members of the 2019 class. So if you are a night owl and interested, then check Twitter starting at midnight and you'll surely see some tweets about who heard from the Rutgers coaches.

Or maybe the mods will start a thread here or in the Round Table and update it with that info starting at midnight.

is this for all college sports?

Please lol. Kids text me at 2am and complain about having to be in the gym at 6am to lift or get shots up.

So true, everyone thinks these guys are just naturally better. I remember Kobe Bryant talking about being in the gym at 5 am to 6 am every morning while in High School. Most of The best are the best because of their work ethic.

So true, everyone thinks these guys are just naturally better. I remember Kobe Bryant talking about being in the gym at 5 am to 6 am every morning while in High School. Most of The best are the best because of their work ethic.
These kids do put in work.

Wednesday evening I was exchanging DM's with a 2019 four-star. No recruiting talk just asking him how he's doing, how's summer just chill stuff. He told me about how hard he was working (which I already knew because I spoke to his father before hitting the kid up). Here's that part of our conversation.
Capture_zpsvkudmv36.jpg

Russ - did you see Rutgers mentioned as reaching out to any 2019 kids last night?

Russ - did you see Rutgers mentioned as reaching out to any 2019 kids last night?
I did not, but I was not watching Twitter last night. Too busy responding to text messages until 2am

I did see that. Antoine & Lewis are quoted as saying there are a number of schools (UF & UMD) and some hometown schools (either us or SJ) that they have been considering being a package deal for too. While I give it a 1% chance of happening - that would legitimately be a complete program changer. Similar to Mizzou getting the Porters etc.

I teach at the middle school Karl Towns attended. I wasn't there when he was, but the teachers who were tell me even then he stayed after school every day and took 100s of jumpers. Of course it didn't hurt that he was like 6'9.

One of my Maryland sources told me this about Scottie Lewis:

He is all about Florida. He better not end up there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT