ADVERTISEMENT

2020 and 2021 Recruiting

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Were always the keys to ensure a program turn around. Said it many times regardless of on court performance these were the keys. Most peer programs take 6-7 years to get to NCAAs and it’s two years after that first big recruiting class.

It’s a testament to Pikiell that he’s coach his team up, developed it, and brought in the right transfers, and Hobbs (only vis facility investment) to have gotten to an NCAA tournament in year four. Unbelievable job and by securing cliff and Jones for 2021 this thing is now, officially, turned the corner for long term success.

Unbelievably happy and an amazingly quick turnaround all things considered!

We already have players committed for 2020 (Omoryuri, Palmquist, Reiber, Mag) and 2021 (Jones).

PREDICTION: Jaquan Harris will be the first to commit in the 2022 class. One thing that could muddy up the picture is if Brandin Knight gets a head coaching job. Harris could possibly follow Knight to his new school.

I have not heard anything on Patterson from Rutgers Prep other than being a heavy Villanova lean for quite awhile. I would love to be shocked if he didn't commit for awhile and went into the fall and winter without committing, it would give more time for the 2021 class to be formed.

We already have players committed for 2020 (Omoryuri, Palmquist, Reiber, Mag) and 2021 (Jones).

PREDICTION: Jaquan Harris will be the first to commit in the 2022 class. One thing that could muddy up the picture is if Brandin Knight gets a head coaching job. Harris could possibly follow Knight to his new school.

If Knight was to land an HC position wouldn't likely be a couple rungs lower with regard to level of competition? Maybe the kid is less inclined to come here but not sure he follows Brandin down to the MAC or NEC.

I have not heard anything on Patterson from Rutgers Prep other than being a heavy Villanova lean for quite awhile. I would love to be shocked if he didn't commit for awhile and went into the fall and winter without committing, it would give more time for the 2021 class to be formed.
I'm predicting the rise of Rutgers will muddy the waters for local kids who we all assume are heading out of state on the first train leaving town. I'm not saying Rutgers kills off a program like Nova, but it can do some major damage. Like what Rutgers did to Syracuse, Boston College, Temple, etc. in football. The media coverage and spotlight is much more intense at Rutgers when things are going well than the other regional schools.

I'm predicting the rise of Rutgers will muddy the waters for local kids who we all assume are heading out of state on the first train leaving town. I'm not saying Rutgers kills off a program like Nova, but it can do some major damage. Like what Rutgers did to Syracuse, Boston College, Temple, etc. in football. The media coverage and spotlight is much more intense at Rutgers when things are going well than the other regional schools.

I do know there's some obvious reasons why Patterson could pick RU, the question is whether that overrides what many believe was likely to happen 2 to 6 months ago.

Cliff Omoyuri committing to RU and the B1G shuts down a lot of the false items about this league not having a presence in the Tri-State area. Patterson was heavily linked to Indiana a year ago and took an official visit there in the fall, but I don't think he is on the Indiana board (or that Patterson is still considering Indiana).

Florida, Villanova and perhaps Auburn are teams that have been consistently mentioned with RU for Patterson in general. Seton Hall is also recruiting Patterson among a host of others, but no idea what other major schools have been in contact with him more than the schools listed above.

Villanova can pivot and get a similar wing elsewhere and be fine. If you combined a talent like Jaden Jones with a good guard, you're already hitting a home run. Combining Jones with a good guard and a lengthy PF like Patterson or someone with a similar skill set and it becomes worthy of being discussed at the top of the B1G in a year.

I do know there's some obvious reasons why Patterson could pick RU, the question is whether that overrides what many believe was likely to happen 2 to 6 months ago.

Cliff Omoyuri committing to RU and the B1G shuts down a lot of the false items about this league not having a presence in the Tri-State area. Patterson was heavily linked to Indiana a year ago and took an official visit there in the fall, but I don't think he is on the Indiana board (or that Patterson is still considering Indiana).

Florida, Villanova and perhaps Auburn are teams that have been consistently mentioned with RU for Patterson in general. Seton Hall is also recruiting Patterson among a host of others, but no idea what other major schools have been in contact with him more than the schools listed above.

Villanova can pivot and get a similar wing elsewhere and be fine. If you combined a talent like Jaden Jones with a good guard, you're already hitting a home run. Combining Jones with a good guard and a lengthy PF like Patterson or someone with a similar skill set and it becomes worthy of being discussed at the top of the B1G in a year.
Is Patterson only a PF? I say this because Rutgers is stacking the frontcourt now with nothing but 4 and 5 position players. Rutgers needs to get some backcourt commitments now like PG.

Is Patterson only a PF? I say this because Rutgers is stacking the frontcourt now with nothing but 4 and 5 position players. Rutgers needs to get some backcourt commitments now like PG.

He's a wing that has outgrown his guard skill set...in today's game, he's closer to Ron Harper Jr in a comparison that he can play the baseline and make shots, crash the boards and score inside with either hand.

What you still take him? Does it screw up how you construct your team?

Obviously yes he's a no brainer...I think he slots in behind Harper once he graduates. I just haven't heard anything on this player and RU as being thought of as a potential landing spot, like I have with perhaps some others in the 2021 class.

He is projected to be the #1 player in NJ for 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT