ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting class now 4th in B1G....

If we can win a couple road games, might be a top 10 program. Now, Cliff should benefit from the new sport center. This summer stay in the gym with Johnson and work on their development.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Why are you always going 45 MPH on the Jersey Turnpike?
OGC.250902a9b90c2befcead21cde1943e36

Reactions: Scarlet83
I'm excited like everyone else about our prospects for next year and it's fun to imagine how great our season can be , but let's tamp down our wild expectations. We're still young and haven't even won a Big Ten championship. Why add to the pressure these kids will be under? Yes it's fun and we've been starving for something to cheer about since joining the Big Ten but let's Curb our Enthusiasm. Somewhat...

Reactions: RU-ROCS
I'm excited like everyone else about our prospects for next year and it's fun to imagine how great our season can be , but let's tamp down our wild expectations. We're still young and haven't even won a Big Ten championship. Why add to the pressure these kids will be under? Yes it's fun and we've been starving for something to cheer about since joining the Big Ten but let's Curb our Enthusiasm. Somewhat...

Agreed.
eBcuHWt8eYzFdp1k8

Great news.

Basketball recruiting rankings are strange because of the small classes can easily skew the results.

Has anyone ever seen a rolling three year recruiting rankings or something similar to that? I think that would be much more representative of how the current team is ranked but I have never seen anything like that.

We will definitely not be young next year. We will be one of the more experienced teams in the country, full of juniors and seniors who have played together. Expectations should be high and no doubt, the players expectations are high.

I think we are a legit Sweet 16 threat now. That would make us a final 4 threat.

yeah, i just wanna actually make a tournament first, global pandemics aside. But yeah, depending on schedule, i see no reason why this team cant be top 6 in the BIG next year. thats goal number one.

Love ya Jon, but life is too short to be constantly tempering enthusiasm. My opinion, but let’s go for it, just like this team goes for it. Be enthusiastic!

We beat two of the teams tied for the B1G championship this year. And I think we improve this year. We will win some and we will lose a few. So will the B1Gs best teams.

Let’s grow a pair! This Rutgers team will be in the top tier of the B1G and I can’t wait to see us beat down some teams!

Last edited:
People said if we win some road games we could be Sweet 16 team. Rutgers goes 18-1 at home. Some posters: “wellll idk could be better” yeah what 19-0 at Home still wouldn’t be good enough for you people !?! LOL

Yeah, we will NOT be "young" next year.

- Starting PG - Baker - SENIOR
- Starting SG - Young - SENIOR
- Starting SG - Mathis - JUNIOR
- Starting WF - McConnell - JUNIOR
- Starting PF - Harper - JUNIOR
- Starting C - Johnson - REDSHIRT JUNIOR
(Yes, I know I have six starters there, but it's because either Young or McConnell will start)

- Backup PG - Mulcahy - SOPHOMORE who played 18 mpg as a freshman
- Backup C - Omoruyi- FRESHMAN
- Backup C - Doucoure - REDSHIRT JUNIOR

- Palmquist, Mag, Reiber, - FRESHMEN

I would venture to guess that our "core" will be more experienced than most teams.

One other thing. I truly believe that the win at Purdue got the road monkey off our back. The team played close on the road all year and finally put it all together and learned how to "gut" out a win in one of the most hostile environments in the country. I think that win propels us to be a pretty good road team next year, which was our achilles heel this year.

I don't think 23-8 (14-6) is out of the question next year. With Baker leading the way, and lots of options behind him -- not to mention a stifling defense -- there's no reason we can't have a year like SHU had this year.

Reactions: Goku
As a seventy-year-old alum...I can attest to having gone through many a bad year. In fact my only bright spot is the Waters era ....we certainly did well those years.

:HeartI never thought we would be where we now are.!!!!! :Heart
I never thought we would have a coach as good as the one we now have. I am simply amazed at the past four years. This past year brought me to tears (the good kind) many times. and right now I cannot believe how well coach Pike has recruited.

Count Me In as a :ThumbsUpPike fan:ThumbsUp and a retired guy who thinks we are going to have many a good year to come.:Chop banana:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT