ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruting Class

Gotta like that. The only B10 team in the top 10.

....though there are five in the second ten.

What on earth is Syracuse doing so high up on that list? I've never thought of them as a women's bball power. Did they hire a new coach or something?

Yes, we've done quite well this year. A few years of this type of recruiting will put us at the top of the Big10. Mich, MichSt., Indy, and Md. are still going to be tough even though they may not have had the haul the we did in recruits. They have key players returning from injury and/or impactful transfers in.

I like our chances though. We should target Olivia Owens from Md. for strength in the post. 6-4 from NY state. Has offensive skills.

....though there are five in the second ten.

What on earth is Syracuse doing so high up on that list? I've never thought of them as a women's bball power. Did they hire a new coach or something?
Yea, Q. Hillman has been recruiting up there around top ten for years now. His results have been a bit underwhelming though the last few years. He's been on the cusp of moving into the level of a perennial top 20 program.

I hadn't really followed them since we ended up in different conferences. Perhaps moving to the ACC has helped the women's program more than it has the men's. And football doesn't seem to have changed much for them.

Anybody know if the women play their home games in the Carrier Dome, under the Manley Dome (if it's still there), or in the little gym on the main campus?

thanks.

In the Carrier Dome in front of pretty sparse crowds. They probably would be better served in a smaller arena that they could fill up.

I hadn't really followed them since we ended up in different conferences. Perhaps moving to the ACC has helped the women's program more than it has the men's. And football doesn't seem to have changed much for them.

Anybody know if the women play their home games in the Carrier Dome, under the Manley Dome (if it's still there), or in the little gym on the main campus?

thanks.
As Crazee says, at the Carrier Dome. We went to what was probably RU's last game there (and we have been gone 9 years now). Empty. Manley had a lively atmosphere in the day. We were there the time that RU opened with a roster related tech and we were there the day that Dennis DeMayo told one of the Syracuse players to quit what she was doing or get tossed. Pretty sure the first 2 were pre-Q, not sure about the last.

As was also said, Syracuse is pretty much a top 25 program (ish), having made the Final Four a few years ago. It has been a bit underwhelming the last couple of years. Q is an acquired taste, for fans and players both I suspect.

ADVERTISEMENT