ADVERTISEMENT

2020 RU lacrosse schedule

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
RU hasn't released one yet but here's what can be pieced together from other team's schedules.

2/22 at Loyola
2/29 Stony Brook
3/7 at Princeton
3/14 Syracuse
3/17 at Lafayette
3/21 at Hofstra

Weekend of 3/28 guessing Ohio State at home
Weekend of 4/4 Johns Hopkins
Weekend of 4/11 at Michigan
Weekend of 4/18 at Maryland or PSU at home
Weekend of 4/25 at Maryland or PSU at home

Last edited:
2020 schedule, got it from a friend.

Rutgers Lacrosse

2020 Schedule

Sat. Jan. 25 Home Scrimmage Villanova/LIU 1/4pm Bubble
Sat. Feb. 1 Home Quinnipiac 1pm
Sat. Feb. 8 Home St. John’s 1pm
Sat. Feb. 15 Away Army 12noon
Sat. Feb. 22 Away Loyola 12noon
Sat. Feb. 29 Home Stony Brook 12noon
Sat. Mar. 7 Away Princeton 1pm
Sat. Mar. 14 Home Syracuse 1pm
Tue. Mar. 17 Away Lafayette 7pm
Sat. Mar. 21 Away Hofstra 1pm
Sat. Mar. 28 Home Ohio State TBD
Sat. Apr. 4 Home Johns Hopkins TBD
Sat. Apr. 11 Away Michigan TBD
Sat. Apr. 18 Away Maryland TBD
Sat. Apr. 25 Home Penn State TBD
Thurs. Apr. 30 Big Ten Semi-Final at Penn State 5/8pm
Sat. May 2 Big Ten Championship at Penn State 8pm

Rutgers Lacrosse

2020 Schedule

How many wins do you see out of this schedule? I see 6.

Rutgers Lacrosse

2020 Schedule

No Sunday night BTN games or could those Saturday conference games still get moved?

How many wins do you see out of this schedule? I see 6.
That would be pretty bad. We'll be clear underdogs at Loyola, Maryland and vs. Penn State but I don't see any other game that it's not realistic to win.

Except for Loyola and Syracuse, this team really should be able to take care of business against the rest of that non-conference schedule.

6 wins would be awful with this team. From all accounts RU will be much stronger and more experienced this year. I think they'll win 9.
What accounts? Where are they stronger? No viable faceoff guy and a huge question mark in the goal.
assuming we win vs Quinnipiac, St John's, Stony Brook, Lafayette, Hofstra and Michigan where do your other 3 wins come from? I would not be surprised if we lose one of the above-mentioned games. I am no expert but, I have a hard time finding ay other wins

What accounts? Where are they stronger? No viable faceoff guy and a huge question mark in the goal.
assuming we win vs Quinnipiac, St John's, Stony Brook, Lafayette, Hofstra and Michigan where do your other 3 wins come from? I would not be surprised if we lose one of the above-mentioned games. I am no expert but, I have a hard time finding ay other wins
Need @Caliknight opinion on this.

So you're saying we shouldn't hold out any fantasies about playing the 4 letter tournament. Got it.

So you're saying we shouldn't hold out any fantasies about playing the 4 letter tournament. Got it.
now I would admit that I do not know much about lacrosse 9but i am learning) it appears to be very difficult to score without the ball and Rutgers 3 best FOGO's have either graduated or are currently injured. I do not think that makes for sustainable success

Need @Caliknight opinion on this.

Our attack line, provided we don't hit the injury bug, is going to be prolific. It's a legit top 5 unit in the country. A healthy Adam Charalambides is going to be something. Perhaps historic at RU. He put up 48 goals last season and didn't practice. He's healthy and hungry. I am very excited for him. There are a couple of young bucks behind them that ones to keep an eye on, especially the kid from Oregon. He's a quick and crafty.

Our midfield is deep. There are a 8-9 guys who have real experience with another handful behind them that are young, but talented. Our practices are competitive.

D midfield is almost all back. We lose our best pole, but there is some talent behind that which is ready. I am expecting to be better here.

Our D is big and athletic. We need to find the right combination, but the talent is there.

Goalie was a huge question mark coming in. Based on what I saw in the fall, I am less concerned. Max was an all time RU great, but we are going to be ok here.

Which leaves us at faceoffs. It's a concern. I think we will be better than last year, but how much better remains to be seen. The shot clock helps alleviate a little stress here but it's a shame to think of all the RU greats we have had at this spot.

Lastly, there is the x factor. Talent is one thing. Talent that plays for one another is a different thing. I can tell you there is something about this squad that is really good in that area. They are close. The chemistry is really good with this group. Teams that go to new heights must have that.

Expectations are high. How high we go, we will see. It's sport. Anything can happen.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Our attack line, provided we don't hit the injury bug, is going to be prolific. It's a legit top 5 unit in the country. A healthy Adam Charalambides is going to be something. Perhaps historic at RU. He put up 48 goals last season and didn't practice. He's healthy and hungry. I am very excited for him. There are a couple of young bucks behind them that ones to keep an eye on, especially the kid from Oregon. He's a quick and crafty.

Our midfield is deep. There are a 8-9 guys who have real experience with another handful behind them that are young, but talented. Our practices are competitive.

D midfield is almost all back. We lose our best pole, but there is some talent behind that which is ready. I am expecting to be better here.

Our D is big and athletic. We need to find the right combination, but the talent is there.

Goalie was a huge question mark coming in. Based on what I saw in the fall, I am less concerned. Max was an all time RU great, but we are going to be ok here.

Which leaves us at faceoffs. It's a concern. I think we will be better than last year, but how much better remains to be seen. The shot clock helps alleviate a little stress here but it's a shame to think of all the RU greats we have had at this spot.

Lastly, there is the x factor. Talent is one thing. Talent that plays for one another is a different thing. I can tell you there is something about this squad that is really good in that area. They are close. The chemistry is really good with this group. Teams that go to new heights must have that.

Expectations are high. How high we go, we will see. It's sport. Anything can happen.
ok, even though you complete gloss over the fact that they have no answers at the faceoff X or in the goal show me where they 9 wins come from. are they beating Loyola, Cuse or Princeton on the road? do the beat Army on the road?
Where do they get wins in the Big Ten outside of Michigan.

ok, even though you complete gloss over the fact that they have no answers at the faceoff X or in the goal show me where they 9 wins come from. are they beating Loyola, Cuse or Princeton on the road? do the beat Army on the road?
Where do they get wins in the Big Ten outside of Michigan.

I just told you my thoughts on the "x". Who said they'd beat Michigan? You make a lot of assumptions for a guy who doesn't know anything.

Reactions: RUKnight13
For all the good things Brian has done, at some point he’s got to get to the postseason - meaning the NCAAs. We can’t go on forever like this.

One Big Ten Tournament win in 5 years isn’t really cutting it right now.

For all the good things Brian has done, at some point he’s got to get to the postseason - meaning the NCAAs. We can’t go on forever like this.

True. But there is no question we got absolutely screwed. Twice.

Like Schiano, he needs some basic things that other programs already had. It's amazing to think Brian made the B1G championship game without the full allotment of scholarships. That was the year 2 B1G teams made the NCAA championship game.

Reactions: biazza38
I just told you my thoughts on the "x". Who said they'd beat Michigan? You make a lot of assumptions for a guy who doesn't know anything.
Well this thread was kind of about a projection of there record. But now that you mention it how to do think we are going g to be better at the face off X. Lost two of our top guys and the other one wrecked his knee

Changing coaches does not guarantee better results. Landing a stellar face-off guy would do wonders for the program. Recruiting shortcomings are not always the fault of the coach. You can count on one hand the number of star/elite players that most of our programs have landed in the last decade. The problem could be Rutgers, not the head coaches.

Reactions: Golfer2019
It's tough to start looking at a schedule and picking wins and losses...let's not burry this team before Jan practice starts on 1/6...

Lots of possibilities and challenges and opportunities...

This team blew the doors off a good Georgetown team in St Louis...thru three qtr we were up 14-7. GTown is a very solid team...

Syracuse at home is a game we will compete in and can win...

I wouldn't count the trip to Loyola as a loss...they will be very sound as always, but they lost some pretty prolific pieces...they will be counting on some young guys to step up...one that I'm very familiar with...

Loyola does have a fantastic FOGO in Savio, so that will be a challenge

There are no gimmies on the schedule...lacrosse is growing across the country...more players in non traditional markets...as much as hard core east coast lax fans hold tight to being the "only" talent pipeline for lacrosse players, the reality is the game has spread everywhere...and I bring this up because you have more talent to choose from, but the same number of D1 teams...I think 73/74...that means parity...

Games vs StJohns, StonyBrook, Army, Quinnipiac...those are not gimmies...should we win...probably...but as we learned last year, not gimmies...

I like the fact we have three home conference games this year...I believe we can go 3-2 in conference

The game at Michigan is not a gimmie...but if any of you are gonna travel to watch this team play at UM in April, you let me know...I'll be hosting a little party at my house the night before for Rutgers Folks...I'll invite you...plenty of food and drink...

@Caliknight has already given some thought on the roster...I have a pretty clean view as to what is going on as well, but I'll hold comment...I agree we have a lot of strengths, a few areas of concern...but my guess is we are a top 20 preseason team...and if a few guys step up in positions of need, and the staff pulls the right levers and they utilize the right guys in positions of strength...this could look good...

Time will tell...

I'll be on "The Banks" Friday night, January 31st and ready for the season opener...I can't wait!

The next week, I'll be at UVA to watch the Loyola opener ;)

By the way...congrats to all RU fans on the return of coach Schiano...very excited for you guys

Can't wait for lacrosse season...hoping for good health for all players

Last edited:
It's tough to start looking at a schedule and picking wins and losses...let's not burry this team before Jan practice starts on 1/6...

Lots of possibilities and challenges and opportunities...

This team blew the doors off a good Georgetown team in St Louis...thru three qtr we were up 14-7. GTown is a very solid team...

Syracuse at home is a game we will compete in and can win...

I wouldn't count the trip to Loyola as a loss...they will be very sound as always, but they lost some pretty prolific pieces...they will be counting on some young guys to step up...one that I'm very familiar with...

Loyola does have a fantastic FOGO in Savio, so that will be a challenge

There are no gimmies on the schedule...lacrosse is growing across the country...more players in non traditional markets...as much as hard core east coast lax fans hold tight to being the "only" talent pipeline for lacrosse players, the reality is the game has spread everywhere...and I bring this up because you have more talent to choose from, but the same number of D1 teams...I think 73/74...that means parity...

Games vs StJohns, StonyBrook, Army, Quinnipiac...those are not gimmies...should we win...probably...but as we learned last year, not gimmies...

I like the fact we have three home conference games this year...I believe we can go 3-2 in conference

The game at Michigan is not a gimmie...but if any of you are gonna travel to watch this team play at UM in April, you let me know...I'll be hosting a little party at my house the night before for Rutgers Folks...I'll invite you...plenty of food and drink...

@Caliknight has already given some thought on the roster...I have a pretty clean view as to what is going on as well, but I'll hold comment...I agree we have a lot of strengths, a few areas of concern...but my guess is we are a top 20 preseason team...and if a few guys step up in positions of need, and the staff pulls the right levers and they utilize the right guys in positions of strength...this could look good...

Time will tell...

I'll be on "The Banks" Friday night, January 31st and ready for the season opener...I can't wait!

The next week, I'll be at UVA to watch the Loyola opener ;)

By the way...congrats to all RU fans on the return of coach Schiano...very excited for you guys

Can't wait for lacrosse season...hoping for good health for all players

Thank you as always for the insight, sir.

Well this thread was kind of about a projection of there record. But now that you mention it how to do think we are going g to be better at the face off X. Lost two of our top guys and the other one wrecked his knee
Our top guy missed a bunch of games last year and his back didn’t have a great year. The kid who “wrecked his knee” will be back and we brought in another. Our midfield depth and athleticism will allow more production from the wings.

Reactions: rufamily
Every year people think we are going to make the NCAA and we always seem to miss out out. Hopefully at some time we will finally make it. It is like our basketball team. We have been struggling for a long time. It should be much easier in lacrosse as there are only about 75 D-1 lacrosse teams not 350 +.

Wasn't there a JC transfer FOGO? And young players can develop. With no inside knowledge I'd say question mark rather than hopeless.

To me Army will be a leading indicator.

Every year people think we are going to make the NCAA and we always seem to miss out out. Hopefully at some time we will finally make it. It is like our basketball team. We have been struggling for a long time. It should be much easier in lacrosse as there are only about 75 D-1 lacrosse teams not 350 +.
There are a lot more people who play basketball in the world than lacrosse.

Basketball has 14 scholarships I believe. Lacrosse has 12.6.

Combo of both. They never quit and are very fit.

we had a lot of success against the academies when I was in school, but they were never the most fun games.

There are no gimmies...sure, there are games fans think you should win, but more kids playing the game with the same number of teams means better talent across all teams...which means parity...

Army, St John's, Hofstra, Stony Brook...games we think on paper should be auto wins...but in reality, they are not...conversely, I think RU can also win games vs teams like Loyola, Syracuse, Hopkins, OSU, UM...

We all want this team/program to break through (get to the NCAA)...Hope it happens, no excuses, but it's not easy...the B1G is a brutally difficult conference...which makes the margin for error very slim...

Team is off now for finals and holiday break...then it gets real on Jan 6...

Every new season brings new optimism and hope

Michigan has significant resources and is a national brand. Check their rosters for different sports. They have folks from all over the map. We are not their equal in most regards, as much as it kills me to admit it.

Michigan has significant resources and is a national brand. Check their rosters for different sports. They have folks from all over the map. We are not their equal in most regards, as much as it kills me to admit it.
Sounds like a lot of excuses.

Michigan is more about brand and money than results...they are the "hype" university....You are right about resources....but here is a real take to go along with their money...

If you take a deeper look...say at football...they are a paper tiger...here's some real stats you won't hear from the national media that loves to prop up the paper tiger...

UM football has not won the Big Ten since 2004!!!! That's 15 years ago...most of you probably didn't realize that...but hey, they wear Air Jordan's so that makes them relevant....

UM has NEVER been to Indianapolis to play in the big ten title game...while in-state rival MSU has been 3 TIMES! And the Spartans have won the title game twice...

They have only beaten Ohio State 1 time in the last 15 years! Yet that rivalry gets over hyped as the game...it's a joke...Michigan isn't close to Ohio State...Harbaugh is a massively overrated coach...

UM claims to be a football elite...they are NOT...they won all their games pre world war 2 when they counted high school games as wins and games vs what are now D3 level schools....

So sure they recruit from all over, and they have an over hyped brand and a lot of money...but it rarely translates into actual accomplishments on the field...

That's all on Michigan...sorry, my rant isn't directed at you...just wanted to share the real story on Michigan...football anyway...

Last edited:
Michigan is more about brand and money than results...they are the "hype" university....You are right about resources....but here is a real take to go along with their money...

If you take a deeper look...say at football...they are a paper tiger...here's some real stats you won't here from the national media that loves to prop up the paper tiger...

UM football has not won the Big Ten since 2004!!!! That's 15 years ago...most of you probably didn't realize that...but hey, they wear Air Jordan's so that makes them relevant....

UM has never been to Indianapolis to play in the big ten title game...while in state rival MSU has been 3 TIMES! And the Spartans have won twice...

They have beaten Ohio State 1 time in the last 15 years! Yet that rivalry gets over hypes as the game...it's a joke...Michigan isn't close to Ohio State...Harbaugh is a massively overrated coach...

UM claims to be a football elite...they are NOT...they won all their games pre world war 2 when they counted high school games as wins and game vs what are now D3 level schools....

So sure they recruit from all over, and they have an over hyped brand and a lot of money...but it rarely translates into actual accomplishments on the field...

That's all on Michigan...sorry, my rant isn't directed at you...just wanted to share the real story on Michigan...football anyway...
Boom! Drops mic

So in less than a decade Michigan is pulling past us? If they make the NCAA’s this year I might puke.

They were a fully funded program before we were. Thank Mulcahy for that. Have you seen the facility they built?

People on the football board talk about football only as what matters but that’s so unB1G. These schools put a lot of resources into every sport. They don’t field teams to field them. They field them to win.

Thankfully Pat shares those same ideals. Michigan will be a real player moving forward. Bank on it.

ADVERTISEMENT