ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Rutgers Schedule

I am sticking with 3-6. Hope for more. It is all a guess since almost 50 out of the 105 kids weren’t even here at the end of last season.

Disappointed with 2 wins in an 8 game schedule during the first year of a rebuild ??
Yes, and counting (9) games because for the first time since joining the B1G they gave us a favorable schedule. I would think we should be at 2.5 winds for the season. So, 2 wins, I am not all that happy unless we have 5 of the other 7 being really good competitive games with noticeable improvement. 3 wins and it is a little better than hoped and 4 wins will be a huge step.
I hate to sound cold but tired of giving coaches excuses for being a rebuild. 3-6 is not a huge ask. It may be a tough ask but it is obtainable.

Reactions: redking
I wonder how RU will go Against The Spread over the season? The public and the sharps have loved betting against them for some time now, but Schiano is someone who coached the team to a 10-1-1 ATS record in 2003.

Those of us of a certain age...Love seeing it.

My ideal one: 5 H, 5A for the B1G and two OOC.

As hard as it is to believe, there are 5 possible wins on that schedule (including the final match-up game). I still think we go 2-7, but three or four wins are definitely possible.

Here’s hoping OSU poops the bed at least once...
Agree, as long as they beat Mich and crush OSO and MST. I want to see us stay within 3 scores.
Wanna see Mich shit the bed against us and lose 2 others.
same fore MST but want them to only win 1 game(PSU)

At least no Taylor

GS will have the team believe they could win every game aside from at OSU
If you believe Schiano will not tell his team they can beat Ohio State you don’t know Greg. We may not beat or even be competitive but OHS will know they were in a game.

Reactions: czxqa
Yes, and counting (9) games because for the first time since joining the B1G they gave us a favorable schedule. I would think we should be at 2.5 winds for the season. So, 2 wins, I am not all that happy unless we have 5 of the other 7 being really good competitive games with noticeable improvement. 3 wins and it is a little better than hoped and 4 wins will be a huge step.
I hate to sound cold but tired of giving coaches excuses for being a rebuild. 3-6 is not a huge ask. It may be a tough ask but it is obtainable.
4 wins and he’s national coach of the year. 3 or 4 wins is a ridiculously high bar at this stage.

My expectations are for a brutal season. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but Shiano Version 1 brought RU to life in year 3. My expectation is similar for Shiano V. 2. Hope I'm wrong.

I like the schedule though. Wish we could finish with The Cult and Maryland every single year.

Think people are drastically underestimating the fact that this is still a new coaching staff that has had almost no work with these players over the last 9 months. Hard to have much success in the toughest division in the sport with no familiarity with one another.

My expectations are for a brutal season. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but Shiano Version 1 brought RU to life in year 3. My expectation is similar for Shiano V. 2. Hope I'm wrong.

I like the schedule though. Wish we could finish with The Cult and Maryland every single year.
Schiano 1.0 didn't have the transfer portal. I'm hoping that all the transfers will give us an immediate boost, a little jump start to the process.

Think people are drastically underestimating the fact that this is still a new coaching staff that has had almost no work with these players over the last 9 months. Hard to have much success in the toughest division in the sport with no familiarity with one another.

So you’re saying we will stink ?

I don’t know what to expect from Rutgers or MSU this year other than I doubt either will be all that good.

Interesting first game with two new coaches needing a 1-0 start...

Reactions: czxqa
It seems that the Big Ten gave Nebraska what they wanted. LOL. Now their fans are crying.

Meanwhile Rutgers schedule is about as favorable as one could hope considering our Divsion.

Go RU!

Learn to spell his name first before you start giving your doom and gloom forecasts.

Reactions: redking
If we are somehow winning 4 games ... against whom and why do you see us winning a particular game? Better talent? Home field advantage? Better coaching staff?

I think you are under estimating how bad Ash was.

If we are to win 4 games which ones are those you think are most winnable and why exactly? I used to over the past 43 seasons try to examine where our strengths were superior. Though I believe our on field product will be vastly improved I can’t see any dominant component for us. If we find a serviceable Oline and a QB to throw and WR who can get separation and catch it will allow for our D to become what I think it can. An actual strength. Injuries and Covid outbreaks dictate much of what transpires in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: jreinsdorf
Ash isn’t here, but a lot of his players still are. You can’t fix that overnight without a real spring practice and training camp.
I am of the belief that Ash actually made players worse or at best, never get them to potential.
the players never even realized how bad he was because they had nothing to compare it too.
mom thinking we may be surprised at how some of the Ash players respond. Schiano also won’t blackball them only because they were Ash recruits either.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Ash isn’t here, but a lot of his players still are. You can’t fix that overnight without a real spring practice and training camp.
I have a feeling that Schiano and his assistant coaches will do a better job than most of Ash and his assistants.

I don’t know how many wins to expect but I do expect the team to be amped up because of Schiano...this team will leave it all out there and that, to me, is a win. No more surrender punts! That’s a win. Having the Nads to go for it and unexpected plays...that’s a win. Fierce special teams, especially on punt coverage...that’s a win.

And getting to see those sick away unis in week one is a win!

GO RU!!

ADVERTISEMENT