Has tweeted his final 7 schools:

- Michigan
- Ohio State
- Minnesota
- Georgetown
- Gonzaga
- North Carolina
- Memphis

I believe Holmgren lives in Minnesota thus Gophers making final 7. 3 of 7 choices are B1G 10 schools.

7 footer.

Last edited:
I remember one of the analysts here saying that he loved us.
I don't remember that at all. I remember Deonte interviewing Holmgren's Team Sizzle coach after Team Sizzle got a tour of Rutgers' basketball facilities.

I also remember saying that I loved the way Holmgren plays. Kid is terrific and, at 7-foot, has guard skills.

Reactions: DirtyRU
OP left out the 8th potential destination:
G-League

Seems this is going to be a reoccurring topic for top recruits.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/26/chet-holmgren-cuts-list-to-seven-schools-talks-g-league-option/

“It’s way too early to rule out any potential paths and I don’t know enough about the G league path to say no,” Chet Holmgren said Thursday by text. “However, at this point in time, I am focused toward finding the best college for myself and my family’s future.”

Because of Jalen Suggs? He AAU teammate?
Doubt they would overlap.
Suggs is most likely a one and done.

I've seen his name in the Top 10 for multiple 2021 NBA Draft lists.
Hes got mad skills, Seth Curry range, he's a 6'6" guard trapped in 7ft body. He is a perfect fit for Gonzaga. He does not have B1G bang it down low body. Out Georgetown ,Minny, OH St, Memphis.
#1 Gonzaga
#2 UNC
#3 Mich

While the G-league not a bad option he needs alot more strength. He needs to get his weight up to at least 225lbs. He looks like Cliff Omoruyi when he came to RC his 1st year. He needs to get his body to where CO is now.

He could be the next Kevin Durant. Watched his video and I just love his skills.

What the hell happened to basketball 7Fters back in the 80's when I played spent all their abilities trying run up and down the court without tripping and falling now they are capable of playing the point, shooting guard, forward and center

Think he needs 2 yrs in college. Strength wise he'd get pretty beat up in g league

Last edited:
Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT