ADVERTISEMENT

2022 - 2023 Season Thread (Non-RU)

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
At the MSU Open tOSU freshman Jesse Mendez knocked off Lucas Byrd in the finals. Byrd finished 5th the last two years. The kid is going to be a problem.

At the MSU Open tOSU freshman Jesse Mendez knocked off Lucas Byrd in the finals. Byrd finished 5th the last two years. The kid is going to be a problem.
Not too surprising.. Mendez was #1 p4p recruit.. along with top recruits Bozakis and Feldman.. those 3 remind me a little of the Ohio state class when they got Tomasello, Bo Jordan, and Snyder.. won’t shock me if they contend w/ iowa/Penn st sooner then we thought…

In Goodale conference he mentioned RU not getting a big win in a long time… that mighta been our only chance to beat Ohio state that year…. Wonder how Mendez will stack up against the top 3 of the weight..

Maryland just knocked off Pitt on the road. Like I said in a previous thread, they have a good team this team and are by no means a pushover or automatic win.
Ur right, Maryland, on paper rn, fav over us at 49, 57, 65, 97, hwt… not to mention 74 would be a tossup..

It appears Purdue’s 197 pounder Thomas Penola will retire from wrestling due to injuries.

Former RU recruit that switched to Ohio state, Bryce Hepner, beats teammate Karchla and now #4 ranked Amine.

Interesting result. How do you have a double forfeit?

#15 Northwestern 18, #9 Minnesota 11

125: Double Forfeit
133: No. 11 Chris Cannon (NW) over No. 22 Aaron Nagao (MINN) (Dec 7-4)
141: No. 15 Frankie Tal-Shahar (NW) over No. 10 Jakob Bergeland (MINN) (Dec 2-1)
149: No. 5 Yahya Thomas (NW) over No. 15 Michael Blockhus (MINN) (TB-3 (RT) 2-1)
157: No. 16 Trevor Chumbley (NW) over No. 8 Brayton Lee (MINN) (Dec 8-4)
165: Maxx Mayfield (NW) over No. 22 Andrew Sparks (MINN) (Dec 6-4)
174: No. 15 Bailee O`Reilly (MINN) over Ankhaa Enkhmandakh (NW) (MD 17-5)
184: No. 11 Isaiah Salazar (MINN) over Evan Bates (NW) (MD 15-1)
197: HM Michial Foy (MINN) over HM Andrew Davison (NW) (Dec 2-0)
285: No. 4 Lucas Davison (NW) over HM Garrett Joles (MINN) (Dec 4-1)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That’s crazy. I don’t know how any D1 team forfeits any weight barring an illness running through a team.

Reactions: Leonard23
Double forfeit occurs when neither team enters a wrestler in a weight class

Just caught the lee Ramos match. Damn that was exciting both ways.
Can only imagine that Lee is looking to hammer him next time they wrestle.

Speaking of Princeton... they lost to Rider yesterday as well. As bad as it is right now (1-7), it will be even worse next year without Glory and Monday. They have McGowan and Vasquez coming next year but that's not nearly enough to right the ship.

Speaking of Princeton... they lost to Rider yesterday as well. As bad as it is right now (1-7), it will be even worse next year without Glory and Monday. They have McGowan and Vasquez coming next year but that's not nearly enough to right the ship.
What's going on there? They had attracted quite a few big-name recruits, including Peterson. They also had/have the stronger wrestler club from what I remember.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just looked at our schedule. I'm very happy that RU isn't wrestling during the Iowa/PSU match!

Harvard beats Princeton. Talk about a team underperforming. Wonder what the Princeton coaches have to say. They have 3 wrestlers: Glory, Monday, and Stout.
Yup and two of them are leaving after this year. They are going to be absolutely awful next year.

• Haha
Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT