ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Watch

I was just curious to see the current circumstances regarding Jonathan Mogbo, the forward from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M who was the topic of a thread in the forum a while back... From the Springfield News-Leader on April 22:

Jonathan Mogbo, a juco transfer from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, announced on Twitter on Friday afternoon that he has committed to play basketball at Missouri State. Mogbo is a 6-foot-7 forward who averaged 14.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per game last season as a freshman. He was a 49.7 percent shooter from the field. Before committing to the Bears, he also held offers from Abilene Christian, Stetson, Tulsa, Fresno State, Quinnipiac, Radford, Bowling Green, Iona, Coastal Carolina, Kent State, North Texas and others. Missouri State was the latest to offer him with the Bears offering him on April 16. He is the 31st-ranked player at the juco level, according to JUCORecruiting.com. He should have at least three years of eligibility.
Mogbo becomes the latest among a lengthy list of newcomers for the Bears for this upcoming season. He is the first juco player to commit with Division I transfers Bryan Trimble Jr. (Akron), Dalen Ridgnal (Georgia) and Chance Moore (Arkansas) set to join the team.

When I posted about Teddy Allen's most recent transfer and his sixth school in six years, I'd completely forgotten about the story that I read about him last year, written prior to his season at Nebraska..

https://omaha.com/sports/college/hu...cle_63ec56dc-258c-5b68-a2f5-77761b5ca3e0.html
His younger brother Timmy is the Texas Longhorns' leading scorer and is returning. It would be interesting if the brothers ended up on the same team.

Maybe Timmy could be a stabilizing influence on Teddy if Texas decided to take the the risk and offer... Or maybe Teddy, as the current WAC player of the year, already has a lucrative NIL deal lined up somewhere else.

DOMINICK WELCH

• HEIGHT 6-5
  • WEIGHT 205
  • YEAR Senior
  • HOMETOWN Buffalo, N.Y.
  • HIGH SCHOOL Cheektowaga
  • POSITION G

Reactions: Scangg
Interesting Bobi Klintman has Seton Hall in his 2 top. Didn't even see they were recruiting him

Interesting Bobi Klintman has Seton Hall in his 2 top. Didn't even see they were recruiting him

Bobi Klintman picked Wake Forest, although rumors on not enough core courses to be eligible, are starting to appear as the reason why Colorado dropped him.....the Buffs just picked up a JUCO player instead, who started his career at Northeastern.

For fans asking about using all of your scholarships, here is a tweet on how some coaches including Pike and now Danny Hurley are viewing this.

ADVERTISEMENT