ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Watch

Wonder if Chad Venning from Morgan State will get a look as a backup 5.

Originally from Brooklyn, went to high school in CT (Pike connect) and has 2/3 years left so he can bridge the gap between Cliff and (hopefully) a stud 2023 center.

3 open scholarships now. Pike saving one for Caleb leaves 2. Pike likes to leave one open and there is still 1 spot.

Do we target a backup big next? Hard to land anyone good with Cliff taking 30+ min but we still need depth especially if Woolfolk is redshirting. With the limited minutes does it make more sense to wait for some bigs who have their options dry up first?

If Caleb confirms he is not coming back, have to think we target a wing. I just don't expect to hear any real news where we are going hard after a wing until Caleb is confirmed one way or another
It's tough because the spot we need the most help at now is the 3/4 but we've got three guys on the roster who can play there in Hyatt, Mag, and Palmquist. Are we really going to bring in a fourth?

Unless the staff is dead set on Derek Simpson being ready right away I would target a true PG. It's a tough needle to thread finding a guy good enough for the Big Ten but happy to play only 18-22 minutes a game, though.

Last edited:

He has a Palmquist connection, Oskar and he follow each other on IG 🤔, a great compliment player to Paul and high FT% guy 75-80%.

Edit-- He did play at St Benedict's Prep, NJ on a loaded team like Mawot Mag on Prolific Prep.
This guy is an absolutely baller. Looks like a more athletic Paul. Would love to bring him in. Imagine him and Paul dishing to Cliff for dunks and Spencer for 3's 😍

Here's a name that keeps resurfacing everywhere, how many teams has it been?
SHU commit/decommit, SJU commit/decommit, Penn St commit/transfer, New Mexico commit/transfer all from the class of 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Niagara Guard Marcus Hammond commits to Notre Dame.

I know some fans will be disappointed but I think Spencer will end up being the better fit for us over the next 2 years. If Caleb’s returning - I really like the make up of our backcourt for halfcourt ball rotation, and if Simpson comes in able to help (10-15 mpg not unreasonable to hope for from a frosh) we’d be adding a more explosive twist off the bench. Plus maybe after a year of strength and conditioning Miller will be able to help in transition too in spurts (he’s certainly fast enough).

It’s a great school in a cool town with great connections. Pretty much ticks all the boxes to me, unless you’re specifically talking about basketball players who might not care about that?
Your thinking about it from the perspective of an average Joe picking a school. For a basketball kid, it’s not very appealing in terms of game day atmosphere. Blah relative fan support even when they have good teams. At least it always felt that way watching their home games. It would easily be one of my first choices for a road venue for RU to play at (assuming equal level of play for all opponent choices).

Your thinking about it from the perspective of an average Joe picking a school. For a basketball kid, it’s not very appealing in terms of game day atmosphere. Blah relative fan support even when they have good teams. At least it always felt that way watching their home games. It would easily be one of my first choices for a road venue for RU to play at (assuming equal level of play for all opponent choices).
Seems like it might be more than a basketball decision. An undergrad degree from Northwestern and a grad degree from Georgetown, Georgia Tech, or Duke is very impressive. Boston College is the outlier.

Seems like it might be more than a basketball decision. An undergrad degree from Northwestern and a grad degree from Georgetown, Georgia Tech, or Duke is very impressive. Boston College is the outlier.
Yes of course - when academics are involved that’s certainly an appeal of Georgetown. I’m assuming the comment was basketball focused. There are a lot of great things about Georgetown as a University, it’s just that the hoops atmosphere itself isn’t that good relative to many other high majors.

Pete Nance entering, seems to be some word Illinois has a good shot, may cause Coleman Hawkins to enter.

Reactions: Scangg
Probably old news regarding our opponents, but just in case, Michigan gets Princeton guard Jaelin Llewellyn. Illinois gets 6'6" 4* SG Terrence Shannon Jr. from Texas Tech (38.4% 3PT).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Scangg
Lofton would be great, but again, hard to see him accepting a lesser role when used to playing 35 min a night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT