ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2022 F Braeden Moore commits to RHoops (Now Decommited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore, Shtolzberg, and Barlow would be a nice class but I think Barlow is blowing up too much.

Welcome Mr. Moore to the banks! This is an excellent get! He's the kind of outside shooter we've needed for several seasons now. His form is terrific and I like the way he moves up and down the court. He glides. Good job Pike and staff.

Reactions: BillyC80
Welcome Mr. Moore to the banks! This is an excellent get! He's the kind of outside shooter we've needed for several seasons now. His form is terrific and I like the way he moves up and down the court. He glides. Good job Pike and staff.

This is terrific. As he said in discussing Pike, he told me he wanted to coach me on all 3 levels. This is Pike’s first 6’8””stretch 4 that can really shoot from 3, as he has shot 37-38% from 3 in high school, and his highlights show he has a quick release and sets his feet effortlessly . Beating out 30 other offers,including Wisconsin and Nebraska from the Big 10 is big time. What a way to start off the 2022 class. When Ron and Geo finish this year, Brandon will step right in. This is a big win for Pike, a big win for Rutgers and a big win for us, the RU fans.

This is terrific. As he said in discussing Pike, he told me he wanted to coach me on all 3 levels. This is Pike’s first 6’8””stretch 4 that can really shoot from 3, as he has shot 37-38% from 3 in high school, and his highlights show he has a quick release and sets his feet effortlessly . Beating out 30 other offers,including Wisconsin and Nebraska from the Big 10 is big time. What a way to start off the 2022 class. When Ron and Geo finish this year, Brandon will step right in. This is a big win for Pike, a big win for Rutgers and a big win for us, the RU fans.

His highlights also show that he's not toeing the line on every 3pt attempt, either - he has range well past the HS arc.

On additional viewing of his highlights, the player he reminds me of is Duncan Robinson. For the those other old timers , the 6 feet 8 size that can shoot, we have to go back to Rob Hodgson and Donnell Lumpkin.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Issa could really light it up from deep - if he was on Iowa's floor.

Reactions: shields
On additional viewing of his highlights, the player he reminds me of is Duncan Robinson. For the those other old timers , the 6 feet 8 size that can shoot, we have to go back to Rob Hodgson and Donnell Lumpkin.
Love the Rob Hodgson reference. If Moore is a gamer like Hodgson we will be happy.

B1G recruit for Pike and the team! With the skills and discipline Braeden shows in those highlights, it appears that he takes well to coaching.

Can’t wait to see you on the RAC floor, Braeden!!

aside from the height, decent athleticism and good shooting, the other thing I noticed: he's not a skinny 6'8". he has a solid "base". looks like he wont get pushed around and should be able to hold his own physically from day one with room to fill out.

Reactions: Scarlet83
LOVE this pickup! Do NOT overlook the fact that we beat out Wisconsin! Now let's get the PG from Cali!
Wisconsin is a good team to beat out. They are great at spotting good bigs under the radar.

One caveat is that Wisconsin is struggling a bit on the recruiting trail after the team meeting that was secretly recorded where the seniors criticized the coach for not caring about them as people. Not having a “family atmosphere.”That is obviously being used against them in recruiting.

Wisconsin is a good team to beat out. They are great at spotting good bigs under the radar.

One caveat is that Wisconsin is struggling a bit on the recruiting trail after the team meeting that was secretly recorded where the seniors criticized the coach for not caring about them as people. Not having a “family atmosphere.”That is obviously being used against them in recruiting.
All of this is true, but I think Moore was found/discovered first and then the avalanche of offers started. In the sense of being 1st, most times it doesn't turn out to matter, but RU has a roster (for the most part) where they have been the initial "high major offer", for kids.

That aspect may not register as important for fans who are interested in the recruiting saga/battle of "who else offered", or having the fans on the roller-coaster of 5 visits by the prospect before he decides.

I am very happy Moore decided on RU and that the staff/Pike identified the player they liked, offered him first and more importantly, they stuck with him over the last 9 to 10 months. As other prospects emerged, those kids got offers, but RU stayed the course and landed the prospect.

I believe it is now 6 straight recruiting classes, where RU dedicated a significant amount of time on a smaller pool of recruits in each class, and landed one.

Baker 2017
Mathis 2018
Mulcahy 2019
Omoyuri 2020
Jaden Jones 2021 reclassified to 2020)
Aundre Hyatt (2021 transfer, 2018 recruiting target)
Braeden Moore (2022).

I have no idea what 2023 target has earned an offer already, or if a 2023 kid not yet offered by a high major, earns a RU offer and turns into the next piece.

But when you are building a program, this is how it's done. I believe RU is at the stage going forward on building a program, which is drastically different than just scrambling in the transfer portal, trying to assemble a roster one year at a time.

Any chance he picks up a 4th star? At least one article noted that he did not have the recruiting exposure due to covid, and iirc didn't RHJ commit as 3* and then get a bump to 4* later?

Any chance he picks up a 4th star? At least one article noted that he did not have the recruiting exposure due to covid, and iirc didn't RHJ commit as 3* and then get a bump to 4* later?
I think there was a point in time he could have certainly been one, but right now probably not. I believe he was injured for a portion of the AAU season. But he definitely could rise again during the school season, seems to be suited for that type of environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT