10/22 -- vs. Indiana
10/29 -- at Minnesota
11/5 -- vs. Michigan
11/12 -- at Michigan State
11/19 -- vs. Penn State
11/26 -- at Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Armor and Sword
When they switched the PSU game this time last year for 2021, I was happy to quickly snag a hotel room in State College. That is a tough place to get a room, even a year out.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
I think a trophy is fine but I still think it should be an outline of something that looks like the State of Delaware. Don’t officially call it that as I’m sure it would tick off Delaware but a creative sculptor could make the bow of a ferry or an anchor(Why a railroad tie?) look like Delaware. Wink wink! I guess if that doesn’t work a giant blue claw crab trophy might work. ;-). A giant crab claw could look like Delaware!

Last edited:
I am fine with Maryland always being the last game of the year.

I’d be cool with a set order/schedule for the rest of the B1G games too.

Like the match up vs. a West Division team is always X, the crossover match (where the opponent changes) is always Y, etc.

Last edited:
Book it Wins: Wagner, Temple
Same playing field: Boston, Nebraska, Indiana, Minnesota, Maryland
Need a lot of things to go right: Iowa, Michigan State
Not Happening: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State,

Thoughts ?

9/3 -- at Boston College
9/10 -- vs. Wagner
9/17 -- at Temple
9/24 -- vs. Iowa
10/1 -- at Ohio State
10/8 -- vs. Nebraska
10/15 -- BYE
10/22 -- vs. Indiana
10/29 -- at Minnesota
11/5 -- vs. Michigan
11/12 -- at Michigan State
11/19 -- vs. Penn State
11/26 -- at Maryland

Reactions: RutgersK1d
Home schedule should be much more enjoyable for the B1G games than this year.

Indiana, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan much better than Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Maryland. Games from 2022 listed in purported order of increasing difficulty, and none will be easy. Expect Nebraska to be very difficult, and maybe would even flip Nebraska and Iowa. Indiana will not be the pushover they were this year.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Saturday October 1st:
3-1 Rutgers v. 4-0 Ohio State
3:30pm BTN (same timeslot and week as this year actually)

Or 7:30pm ABC if we are both 4-0?

Saturday October 1st:
3-1 Rutgers v. 4-0 Ohio State
3:30pm BTN (same timeslot and week as this year actually)

Or 7:30pm ABC if we are both 4-0?

Coincidentally, I have the same exact trail race scheduled for the same exact weekend as I did this year.
2021: a DNF followed by watching the RU-OSU game was probably the worst day of 2021 for me.
Hopefully 2022 will be a better day.

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Book it Wins: Wagner, Temple
Same playing field: Boston, Nebraska, Indiana, Minnesota, Maryland
Need a lot of things to go right: Iowa, Michigan State
Not Happening: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State,

Thoughts ?
I don't think you can put us in the "same playing field" category with Minnesota or Maryland. Minnesota was REALLY good last year, and we play them on the road this year. Maryland destroyed us last year, and we play them on the road this year. I would say it this way:

- Highly likely wins: Wagner, Temple

- Probable wins: Indiana

- Toss Ups: Boston College, Nebraska

- Slightly probable losses: Maryland, Minnesota, MSU

- Likely losses: Iowa, PSU

- No chance: OSU, Michigan

So this is the 2nd year in a row with only 6 (not 7) home games but the cost continues at the 7 game rate? If we go back to 7 next year will it remain lol? Sneaky price increase.
Here's an idea to get fans to Boston for opening game. Use some of the extra game money to subsidize tickets to this particular game. Say $25 per ticket bought. You could do the same for Temple but don't think it would be needed.

I think a trophy is fine but I still think it should be an outline of something that looks like the State of Delaware. Don’t officially call it that as I’m sure it would tick off Delaware but a creative sculptor could make the bow of a ferry or an anchor(Why a railroad tie?) look like Delaware. Wink wink! I guess if that doesn’t work a giant blue claw crab trophy might work. ;-). A giant crab claw could look like Delaware!
Something that looks like Delaware??? Why? Makes zero sense.

So this is the 2nd year in a row with only 6 (not 7) home games but the cost continues at the 7 game rate? If we go back to 7 next year will it remain lol? Sneaky price increase.
Here's an idea to get fans to Boston for opening game. Use some of the extra game money to subsidize tickets to this particular game. Say $25 per ticket bought. You could do the same for Temple but don't think it would be needed.

They haven't raised prices since 2014. Wouldn't expect that to change next year unless the stadium is sold out.

They haven't raised prices since 2014. Wouldn't expect that to change next year unless the stadium is sold out.
No , I don't think so either. But that wasn't really my point. Charging the same for less is as defacto price increase. I am was just thinking how they could reinvest some of the schedule premium to perhaps generate support for the first game away.

No , I don't think so either. But that wasn't really my point. Charging the same for less is as defacto price increase. I am was just thinking how they could reinvest some of the schedule premium to perhaps generate support for the first game away.
How are they charging more for less?? Season ticket prices are based on how many games are played and parking is the same.

I think Rutgers and Maryland has a shot at being a true rivalry game.

I'm not crazy about the B1G/railroad ties thing. I'd have gone with a trophy featuring a Betsy Ross style American flag with the 13 stars in a circular pattern.

Replace the third star in the pattern with an "R" and the seventh star with an "M" to signify New Jersey and Maryland's entry place into the original United States of America.

The flag itself can be a combination of the two school's colors. Rutgers is officially scarlet with unofficial black and white. Maryland is red, white, gold and black. So actually, you take the Rutgers colors and add in gold and you have the combination of both schools.

Perhaps you keep the red and white stripes but have the white stars on a black background and gold frill around the flag. Put "1766" above the star pattern and "1856" below them for the starting dates of both schools.

Last edited:
Rutgers-Maryland is battle of the BIG bastards. . Should be a trophy from Game of Thrones with John snow and Ramsey Bolton on it.

Reactions: NickRU714
How are they charging more for less?? Season ticket prices are based on how many games are played and parking is the same.

@1984 was correct. They aren't charging per game. They've been charging flat rate. Next year will be the same price even with 7 games. Until demand increases everything will be the same.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I think Rutgers and Maryland has a shot at being a true rivalry game.

I'm not crazy about the B1G/railroad ties thing. I'd have gone with a trophy featuring a Betsy Ross style American flag with the 13 stars in a circular pattern.

Replace the third star in the pattern with an "R" and the seventh star with an "M" to signify New Jersey and Maryland's entry place into the original United States of America.

The flag itself can be a combination of the two school's colors. Rutgers is officially scarlet with unofficial black and white. Maryland is red, white, gold and black. So actually, you take the Rutgers colors and add in gold and you have the combination of both schools.
Not bad.

And I like the idea of the bold.

For the Seton Hall game the trophy is made out of a Jersey boardwalk. For the Maryland trophy they could make it out of a piece of I - 95.

5 wins with that schedule would be a good result. Get a rash of injuries to the wrong players and you could be looking at a 2-3 win season. Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota is a tough non-division schedule. Indiana will be improved and you never know about Maryland, they are so unpredictable and by then we will have to see what players are out due to injuries over the course of a long season. You have four tough games in front of Maryland, Minnesota is on the upswing, and at Minnesota, not an easy place to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT