ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Rutgers Season Ticket Holder Central (NEW Parking Allocation Procedure)

Or our fans are being cheap. We will continue to have a small time program if it's supported like a small time program. When GS gets us winning again the place will be packed again.
You should be rewarding your most loyal fans not draining their pockets. You can't blame the fans that it's run like a small time program.

Reactions: goru1869
You should be rewarding your most loyal fans not draining their pockets. You can't blame the fans that it's run like a small time program.
Loyal fans always have a place, just not the best seats or parking.

They did. They gave you 20 lifetime priority points if you donated the balance of your 2020 season tickets. Equivalent of a $2000 annual Donation for nothing. They have made it more difficult for new STH to get prime parking unless they pay up. If you read your donor guide carefully, you'll see STH are getting a concessions discount starting next fall. Rutgers has been working hard to improve the fan experience and I would say it's gotten better.

Our fans need to wake up and start supporting the program like a real B1G program rather than begging the megadonors to bail them out.

You know why you don't know? Rutgers didn't give an explanation of why there is a change in the procedures. Don't you think that would have been helpful?? With a clear statement that it doesn't affect priority points. That announcement was terribly written.
Ok but my point wasn't why they made the change, it was that a lot of people here are complaining as if they're being bumped out of their parking lots or their priority points are being thrown out when none of that is the case.

Ok but my point wasn't why they made the change, it was that a lot of people here are complaining as if they're being bumped out of their parking lots or their priority points are being thrown out when none of that is the case.
That because it was worded poorly without any explanation. You can't blame them for not knowing what's going on. You didn't know either.

Reactions: RUCensored
That because it was worded poorly without any explanation. You can't blame them for not knowing what's going on. You didn't know either.
I had no problem understanding it, there's the minimum donation and minimum priority points for each lot just like it's been for years. The only thing I had to call and ask about was if the black lot was being moved because the new map makes it look like it's in a different spot.

Still waiting for you to reply to my last comment after you said Rutgers does nothing for the fans. Or does it not fit your narrative?

I smell class action suit by all the long-term donors if they move away from the points system.
You are misunderstanding. They are not moving away from the priority points system.

You will have an opportunity to buy your parking pass in an order determined by priority points. If you decline parking, someone else will have an opportunity to buy a spot as long as they pony up the minimum donation. This ensures all the donation lots get filled.

20pts is a huge deal in the parking allocation, especially with the new ranking system. Also concessions discount is a nice perk. What else do you want?
First off how much did it cost Rutgers to do that? NOTHING. Small time move.
It actually costs them a season that couldn't go to which is a lot of money to get a discount on a $9 hot dog.
You really are something special.

First off how much did it cost Rutgers to do that? NOTHING. Small time move.
It actually costs them a season that couldn't go to which is a lot of money to get a discount on a $9 hot dog.
You really are something special.

I may be special but I'm not a cheapskate like you.

I may be special but I'm not a cheapskate like you.
But you're completely clueless as to how these moves are perceived by the long time fans that make up the core of our fanbase. Priority points? Big whoop. Minor discount on a hugely overpriced hotdog? Be still my beating heart! These fans sat through the brutal years from 2013-2019 (sans 2014) when the program cratered because of the administration's cheapness and ineptitude. And after all that you're going to stick it to them when the stadium is still half empty? These are people who stuck it out through thick and thin, who involved friends and family in cheering for the Scarlet Knights, who brought their kids up loving Rutgers and (some of them) send their kids there. So instead of rewarding them you're going to try to soak them for more money? In these lean economic times?

But you're completely clueless as to how these moves are perceived by the long time fans that make up the core of our fanbase. Priority points? Big whoop. Minor discount on a hugely overpriced hotdog? Be still my beating heart! These fans sat through the brutal years from 2013-12019 (sans 2014) when the program cratered because of the administration's cheapness and ineptitude. And after all that you're going to stick it to them when the stadium is still half empty? These are people who stuck it out through thick and thin, who involved friends and family in cheering for the Scarlet Knights, who brought their kids up loving Rutgers and (some of them) send their kids there. So instead of rewarding them you're going to try to soak them for more money? In these lean economic times?

So what do you suggest? Every STH gets their tickets comped for the next 8 years? Good luck with that.

I am a long time fan too. I am fortunate to have been able to travel around the country to see games wherever I want. But it also shows how far we have to go. If our fans are cheap at every turn it's hard to get there.

Rutgers has done a stellar job in my view to improve the fan experience. My ticket rep is outstanding.

If you think it's a shakedown, drop your tickets. I think it's more than fair when you compare Rutgers prices to those around the country.

Rutgers didn't have to give a 20pt boost for those that donated the full balance of their tickets but a nice incentive (could be the difference between you ending up in yellow or scarlet for parking).

You guys are just insufferable. Want hand outs left and right.

Again if you have a reasonable suggestion I'm all ears but all I hear is complaints even when Rutgers is trying to improve the fan experience.

Reactions: TRU2RU and redking
So what do you suggest? Every STH gets their tickets comped for the next 8 years? Good luck with that.

I am a long time fan too. I am fortunate to have been able to travel around the country to see games wherever I want. But it also shows how far we have to go. If our fans are cheap at every turn it's hard to get there.

Rutgers has done a stellar job in my view to improve the fan experience. My ticket rep is outstanding.

If you think it's a shakedown, drop your tickets. I think it's more than fair when you compare Rutgers prices to those around the country.

Rutgers didn't have to give a 20pt boost for those that donated the full balance of their tickets but a nice incentive (could be the difference between you ending up in yellow or scarlet for parking).

You guys are just insufferable. Want hand outs left and right.

Again if you have a reasonable suggestion I'm all ears but all I hear is complaints even when Rutgers is trying to improve the fan experience.
Here is mine reasonable suggestion. Stop mocking other Rutgers fans. Your happy if people are forced to donate more?? WTF! Who are you to be telling the most loyal fans what to do and how to spend their money?? Why don't you buy a couple of 100 season tickets and give them out to people on here that no longer can afford it and STFU.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Here is mine reasonable suggestion. Stop mocking other Rutgers fans. Your happy if people are forced to donate more?? WTF! Who are you to be telling the most loyal fans what to do and how to spend their money?? Why don't you buy a couple of 100 season tickets and give them out to people on here that no longer can afford it and STFU.

I reread this entire thread. YOU were the one that said Rutgers was being cheap. I pointed out several ways Rutgers has given back to fans in the past year and you didn't care for any of those.

Suggests a YOU problem. I did also find out you're a former letterwinner so probably getting discount tickets too already. How much cheaper do you want it?

Yes I'm out here paying full price and yes I fully support more donations. Money in your pocket does nothing for me. The more people give to Rutgers, it improves the university.

Really happy with the moves Rutgers is making and the best is yet to come.

I reread this entire thread. YOU were the one that said Rutgers was being cheap. I pointed out several ways Rutgers has given back to fans in the past year and you didn't care for any of those.

Suggests a YOU problem. I did also find out you're a former letterwinner so probably getting discount tickets too already. How much cheaper do you want it?

Yes I'm out here paying full price and yes I fully support more donations. Money in your pocket does nothing for me. The more people give to Rutgers, it improves the university.

Really happy with the moves Rutgers is making and the best is yet to come.
You gave one way that Rutgers gave back to fans IF THEY DONATED A YEARS WORTH OF SEASON TICKETS AND PARKING MONEY. That isn't giving back. You are more then welcome to donate a lot more for everyone. You talk like a millionaire and just buy season tickets like everyone else.
In addition dumbass, Letterwinners do not get discounts. We actually pay extra to support new members in their first four years after they graduate and to be part of the Letterwinners Association which supports events for former Letterwinners of every sport.

Rutgers has done a stellar job in my view to improve the fan experience.
My ticket rep is outstanding.

Fan experience has deteriorated to the point of being insufferable. Game day operations with the music and the DJ and the nonstop train horn, noise, etc is a circus atmosphere.

What exactly has Rutgers done to improve the fan experience? Roll out electronic ticketing with a buggy app? Check.

Struggle with having the concessions adequately stocked and staffed? Check.

Blowouts on the field in every conference game for several years in a row? Check.

Don't forget, I'm Mr. Positive who drinks all the Kool Aid around here.

But at least as it compares to Maryland, you do seem to be correct that our ticket prices are cheaper than Maryland's when you factor in seat donations.

Maybe strike a more conciliatory and less confrontational tone with fellow fans. The wording of the latest announcement, like most of the announcements out of athletics was very awkwardly worded.

image_handler.aspx

2020_Season_Ticket_Pricing_Map.jpg

Fan experience has deteriorated to the point of being insufferable. Game day operations with the music and the DJ and the nonstop train horn, noise, etc is a circus atmosphere.

What exactly has Rutgers done to improve the fan experience? Roll out electronic ticketing with a buggy app? Check.

Struggle with having the concessions adequately stocked and staffed? Check.

Blowouts on the field in every conference game for several years in a row? Check.

Don't forget, I'm Mr. Positive who drinks all the Kool Aid around here.

But at least as it compares to Maryland, you do seem to be correct that our ticket prices are cheaper than Maryland's when you factor in seat donations.

Maybe strike a more conciliatory and less confrontational tone with fellow fans. The wording of the latest announcement, like most of the announcements out of athletics was very awkwardly worded.

image_handler.aspx

2020_Season_Ticket_Pricing_Map.jpg
Perfectly said. You are always Mr. Positive and you get it. You and I have never demanded people to be forced to donate more. I just don't understand this person's viewpoint except to alienate loyal Rutgers fans. Complete nut job.

Perfectly said. You are always Mr. Positive and you get it. You and I have never demanded people to be forced to donate more. I just don't understand this person's viewpoint except to alienate loyal Rutgers fans. Complete nut job.

Your bottom line means nothing to me. You're not giving me any money. I enjoy Rutgers Athletics. I want people including me to spend more on Rutgers Athletics so it can be better for everyone.

Your bottom line means nothing to me. You're not giving me any money. I enjoy Rutgers Athletics. I want people including me to spend more on Rutgers Athletics so it can be better for everyone.
Keep in mind that not everyone is in a position to spend more money. Inflation. Pandemic. Some people are barely getting by.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I think you can do better in trying to bring people on board by catching more flies with honey. Onward upward.

Funny your bottom line is that you are the cheap ass but want everyone else to improve Rutgers donations. Your not giving any extra money but call out loyal fans for doing the same.
You called me out saying as a Letterwinner I get a discount. You were wrong jackass. Maybe a "my bad" would have been the proper response. No you double down on being brain dead. Put your money where your mouth is before you call out others. Better yet find another team that wins and has big donors. You aren't a Rutgers fan at all. The biggest complainer on this thread

Keep in mind that not everyone is in a position to spend more money. Inflation. Pandemic. Some people are barely getting by.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I think you can do better in trying to bring people on board by catching more flies with honey. Onward upward.

Thank you glad we were able to find common ground. You are probably correct, about me coming off a little strong but it is what it is. Thanks again! GO RU!!

Funny your bottom line is that you are the cheap ass but want everyone else to improve Rutgers donations. Your not giving any extra money but call out loyal fans for doing the same.
You called me out saying as a Letterwinner I get a discount. You were wrong jackass. Maybe a "my bad" would have been the proper response. No you double down on being brain dead. Put your money where your mouth is before you call out others. Better yet find another team that wins and has big donors. You aren't a Rutgers fan at all. The biggest complainer on this thread

English please?

You are cheap. Complain about others paying to the program more than you. Clear enough??
How am I cheap? I have scarlet parking. I went to 3 away games this year too. I have even admitted I need to give more. Try again.

Everyone needs to be better for Rutgers to be better.

How am I cheap? I have scarlet parking. I went to 3 away games this year too. I have even admitted I need to give more. Try again.

Everyone needs to be better for Rutgers to be better.
How are you cheap? Besides paying for parking and tickets what else do you do? Three away games?? Wow. You paid three of Rutgers opponents to kick our ass. You consider yourself a good fan by supporting other Big Ten teams? You are clueless in everything you posted today. Pay up and shut up.

You know why you don't know? Rutgers didn't give an explanation of why there is a change in the procedures. Don't you think that would have been helpful?? With a clear statement that it doesn't affect priority points. That announcement was terribly written.

The announcement is pretty clear.
PP determine when you can buy parking.

If you have 100PP and I have 50PP, you get to pick on Monday and I pick on Thursday.
Even if we have the same seats, you would pick first.
Longtime/loyal fans get an earlier window than new fans with the same seats.

The only potential negative is if you are unavailable.
For example, your window opens Monday but are away for the week.
They clearly address that situation though in the announcement and will work with you.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
The announcement is pretty clear.
PP determine when you can buy parking.

If you have 100PP and I have 50PP, you get to pick on Monday and I pick on Thursday.
Even if we have the same seats, you would pick first.
Longtime/loyal fans get an earlier window than new fans with the same seats.

The only potential negative is if you are unavailable.
For example, your window opens Monday but are away for the week.
They clearly address that situation though in the announcement and will work with you.

Love this explanation. Thank you!

Note NEW parking selection platform:

Season parking will no longer be available to be automatically renewed during the season ticket renewal process for the 2022 season. Rutgers Athletics is rolling out a new parking selection platform that will allow the department to annually evaluate parking inventory while accommodating donors with a unique appointment time to choose parking based on their individual needs through the integrated and automated parking selection process.

Thanks for sharing this. I think this is a great improvement, and it is about time that Rutgers did something like this to make parking selection more fair for fans.

Easier to match your donation to the minimum required for the lot you get
For years, Rutgers has required a minimum donation to qualify for certain lots, but making that donation did not guarantee that you'd get the lot. So you could donate the $1000 required to get a Yellow pass, but actually end up in a lot with a much lower donation requirement.

With this new program, you don't have to make the donation to qualify for a lot until you know which lot you will get. So if you get Yellow, you need to bring your donation total to $1000. But if you get Purple, you only need $250.

The most loyal fans get to pick earlier than fly-by-night fans
This new system gives a huge advantage to loyal fans since your selection order is based solely on priority points. Rutgers' Priority Point calculation includes a bunch of loyalty factors, such as consecutive year purchase, lifetime donations, tickets in multiple sports, etc. A loyal fan will have more priority points than a fly-by-night fan at similar donation levels, and the loyal fan will be able to pick better parking.

Tailgate groups can ensure they end up in the same lot
The new system allows tailgate groups to select their lots at the same time, to ensure they end up together. Under the previous system, you could end up in one lot and other members of your tailgate group could be in a different lot, because you never knew which lot you were going to get until after they were assigned.

That said, Rutgers needs to be careful to avoid logistics snafus with implementing this plan.

They need to make sure the website is well tested across multiple devices and operating systems, and doesn't crash.

They need to break down the windows to manageable sizes, but still give fans enough time to select. The announcement says selection will occur during 11 weekdays from June 1 to June 15. If there are 11,000 season ticket accounts, and they have 11 full-day selection windows, that means 1000 accounts trying to log in to select parking in each window. If the selection windows are half-day, then you have 500 accounts trying to log in each 3.5 hour window. And even there, 500 accounts at a time could quickly fill up smaller lots like Scarlet and Green. So you run the risk that one of your best donors, who easily qualifies for Scarlet gets bumped to Green or Yellow only because they log in during the last hour of their window.

I think Rutgers would be smarter to extend the selection period another week to 16 days. That gives them more windows with fewer fans per window. And they would also need to ensure that size of each group doesn't exceed more than about 33% of the lot that is expected to fill. So the first group to select would be sized so they can't fill more than 33% of the Scarlet lot. The second group would be sized to fill the next 33% of Scarlet, and then the next 33% of Scarlet followed by 33% of Green, etc.

Additionally, Rutgers needs a robust plan in place for those fans who follow "If you know in advance that you will not be available, simply notify your account representative and we will take the appropriate measures to help secure your parking pass for the season". Without a robust plan, those ticket reps will be quickly overwhelmed, resulting in dissatisfied fans.

Thanks for sharing this. I think this is a great improvement, and it is about time that Rutgers did something like this to make parking selection more fair for fans.

Easier to match your donation to the minimum required for the lot you get
For years, Rutgers has required a minimum donation to qualify for certain lots, but making that donation did not guarantee that you'd get the lot. So you could donate the $1000 required to get a Yellow pass, but actually end up in a lot with a much lower donation requirement.

With this new program, you don't have to make the donation to qualify for a lot until you know which lot you will get. So if you get Yellow, you need to bring your donation total to $1000. But if you get Purple, you only need $250.

The most loyal fans get to pick earlier than fly-by-night fans
This new system gives a huge advantage to loyal fans since your selection order is based solely on priority points. Rutgers' Priority Point calculation includes a bunch of loyalty factors, such as consecutive year purchase, lifetime donations, tickets in multiple sports, etc. A loyal fan will have more priority points than a fly-by-night fan at similar donation levels, and the loyal fan will be able to pick better parking.

Tailgate groups can ensure they end up in the same lot
The new system allows tailgate groups to select their lots at the same time, to ensure they end up together. Under the previous system, you could end up in one lot and other members of your tailgate group could be in a different lot, because you never knew which lot you were going to get until after they were assigned.

That said, Rutgers needs to be careful to avoid logistics snafus with implementing this plan.

They need to make sure the website is well tested across multiple devices and operating systems, and doesn't crash.

They need to break down the windows to manageable sizes, but still give fans enough time to select. The announcement says selection will occur during 11 weekdays from June 1 to June 15. If there are 11,000 season ticket accounts, and they have 11 full-day selection windows, that means 1000 accounts trying to log in to select parking in each window. If the selection windows are half-day, then you have 500 accounts trying to log in each 3.5 hour window. And even there, 500 accounts at a time could quickly fill up smaller lots like Scarlet and Green. So you run the risk that one of your best donors, who easily qualifies for Scarlet gets bumped to Green or Yellow only because they log in during the last hour of their window.

I think Rutgers would be smarter to extend the selection period another week to 16 days. That gives them more windows with fewer fans per window. And they would also need to ensure that size of each group doesn't exceed more than about 33% of the lot that is expected to fill. So the first group to select would be sized so they can't fill more than 33% of the Scarlet lot. The second group would be sized to fill the next 33% of Scarlet, and then the next 33% of Scarlet followed by 33% of Green, etc.

Additionally, Rutgers needs a robust plan in place for those fans who follow "If you know in advance that you will not be available, simply notify your account representative and we will take the appropriate measures to help secure your parking pass for the season". Without a robust plan, those ticket reps will be quickly overwhelmed, resulting in dissatisfied fans.

This is awesome. Good recap @Upstream !

I also love the new donation/priority points portal and the advanced data it provides like real time points and current rank.

The only negative right now is that the navigation is messed up and it's hard to find if you're not on a web browser.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Lol at the cripple fight ITT. Would read again.

It was poorly worded but instead of holding your breathe to see if you get your parking (and you should rarely be doing so anyway) you can find out and pay up or not pay up to get it. What's the problem?

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Lol at the cripple fight ITT. Would read again.

It was poorly worded but instead of holding your breathe to see if you get your parking (and you should rarely be doing so anyway) you can find out and pay up or not pay up to get it. What's the problem?

It wasn't that poorly worded. People just don't like change and don't care to read closely.

A good change and another point for Rutgers toward improving the fan experience.

Really excited about the overall direction of RU!

ADVERTISEMENT