ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 C Gus Yalden announces final four, decision date

I really wanted this one as well but never thought we had a chance.

Rutgers really has to win one of these battles for a elite recruit in the 2023 class because so many key players will be gone in the next two years.

Hey , I don’t know if Wisconsin cheese is shit or not , all I can gather is he’s not coming here. I’m sick of coming in 2nd too many times.

Reactions: SKWC and MV9000
Yalden had really good things to say when Pikiell got his extension. He also said he will remember those schools that stayed with him when he was injured, including RU.

That said....he most likely grew up a Wisconsin basketball fan and probably has a family full of Wisconsin fans.

Reactions: Scangg
This boy has known he was going to Wisconsin for a long time. He likes Rutgers, he wasn't coming to school here

Reactions: Knight Ed
If he knows it's Wisconsin, the point of stringing it out is what? Keeping his name in the press?

So we won 2 that mattered in a row plus Paul the year before and had an extra year of playing due to Covid for our top players. But let’s focus on the ones that get away.
I made a statement that happens to be true. It’s been more than two years since we’ve won a recruiting battle for a player that matters. The point is that the recruiting has been trending downward for two years. Our recruiting classes have been ranked 11-13th in the B1G in successive years. It’s not that difficult.

Reactions: zebnatto
I'm just trying to lighten the mood here saying it won't sting as much losing out on Gus if we want Griffiths

So basically reading from the comments everyone assumes he’s going to Wisconsin but hasn’t committed there yet. Gotcha. he’s coming to Rutgers

ADVERTISEMENT