ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 C Gus Yalden announces final four, decision date

tenor.gif

From what I can tell Yalden grew up a Wisconsin fan and was recruited by them early, but they cooled a bit once he got injured. Our staff saw an opening and stayed on him the whole time even as he was hurt. Once he was healed and played well on the circuit Wisconsin jumped back in and were pretty easily able to get him. Wisconsin was making Final Fours with him as a fan when he was 10-11 years old. That's a tough hill to overcome.

Reactions: Scangg and gregkoko
Great being the bridesmaid with most of our targets.
Correct. Recruiting is a numbers game. Each year between HS, portal and JUCO, very rough numbers, we have to be watching 100-200 or so players, to offer 25-50, to get in the thick of it with 15-25, to get 3-5 to final commits to Rutgers.

I could be off with my ranges, but the point is our coaching staff has to hear a bunch of “No’s” to get those few 3-5 “Yes’s”. If we don’t hear a lot of NO, we wont hear YES.

Correct. Recruiting is a numbers game. Each year between HS, portal and JUCO, very rough numbers, we have to be watching 100-200 or so players, to offer 25-50, to get in the thick of it with 15-25, to get 3-5 to final commits to Rutgers.

I could be off with my ranges, but the point is our coaching staff has to hear a bunch of “No’s” to get those few 3-5 “Yes’s”. If we don’t hear a lot of NO, we wont hear YES.
Yet somehow people can't comprehend this very simple concept

Reactions: Scarlet83
Yet somehow people can't comprehend this very simple concept
Yes. Using the numbers above, we could miss out on 46 offers to get 4 student athletes. Whining and pissing and moaning about every miss is silly and antithetical to our objective of bringing in quality recruits through our hardworking, thoughtful coaching staff.

Reactions: Scangg
I don’t believe it. Someone would have swooped in last minute with a bag of money. We haven’t been closing well.
We closed on Spencer convincingly and sent Hammond away... last month was it?

Most recruits will not commit. Why can't people grasp this concept?

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
ADVERTISEMENT