ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 F Antonio Chol commits to Rutgers Hoops, will reclass to 2022

the little rascals GIF

Antonio Chol was one of the first players to stand out,” 247Sports Director of Scouting Adam Finkelstein wrote from the Adidas All-American Camp earlier this month. “He was active and energetic in breakdown drills, showed a combination of size and skill that is in high demand at the college level, and even solid perimeter footwork to match. He continued to impress for the rest of the day, showing himself to be a skilled perimeter forward who could both stretch the floor and create mismatch problems. What was surprising, at least based on what we saw today, was to learn that his recruitment has yet to exceed the mid-major level.”

Antonio Chol was one of the first players to stand out,” 247Sports Director of Scouting Adam Finkelstein wrote from the Adidas All-American Camp earlier this month. “He was active and energetic in breakdown drills, showed a combination of size and skill that is in high demand at the college level, and even solid perimeter footwork to match. He continued to impress for the rest of the day, showing himself to be a skilled perimeter forward who could both stretch the floor and create mismatch problems. What was surprising, at least based on what we saw today, was to learn that his recruitment has yet to exceed the mid-major level.”
I found that graph interesting too. He knew he could get more offers this year, but was probably like: Rutgers is good, they are in the Big 10 and they wanted me all along. Why wait? Or something could have cleared at the last minute with academics, who knows?

Finklestein is a smart analyst. I like hearing this.

The competition for playing time at different positions should be intense. Only Cliff, Paul, and Caleb are guaranteed major minutes. Looks like Chol can contribute at different spots.

In the video @Knight Owl provided above after the first dunk and foul shot he looks to be the point of the press. Nice length if he can give us that at Rutgers

I like a power forward recruit that can create and make shots off the dribble.

Reactions: Scangg
Rivals shows interest by those two programs but not an offer

Possibly offers not updated
Rivals must have updated on the fly because when I checked those other schools weren’t even listed. I see Richard Pitino at New Mexico offered.

Rivals must have updated on the fly because when I checked those other schools weren’t even listed. I see Richard Pitino at New Mexico offered.
Rivals definitely showed offers from Marquette and Tennessee earlier today.

Says he had offers from Tennessee and Marquette as well…so he’s not an under the radar guy.
I think that Antonio's offers were from Akron, Buffalo, New Mexico, Loyola Marymount, St. Bonaventure, and Rutgers.

Tennessee, Marquette, and possibly Syracuse and Texas A&M showed some interest according to certain articles or recruiting websites, but it doesn't look like those schools have offered scholarships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT