ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 F Antonio Chol commits to Rutgers Hoops, will reclass to 2022

Rivals definitely showed offers from Marquette and Tennessee earlier today.
Rivals has had the same listing all day, from what I've seen. Schools that have "shown interest" are listed on the athlete's page, and the last column is checked if the particular school offered. The "offer" columns for Marquette and Tennessee aren't checked. I also checked the scholarship offer lists on a different site for the individual schools, and neither school has offered Antonio Chol for 2022 or 2023.

Last edited:
Rivals must have updated on the fly because when I checked those other schools weren’t even listed. I see Richard Pitino at New Mexico offered.
To see Marquette and Tennessee, you have to click on "see all" at the bottom of the athlete's Rivals school interest list. But they aren't listed as having offered.

Reactions: wheezer
Rivals has had the same listing all day, from what I've seen. Schools that have "shown interest" are listed on the athlete's page, and the last column is checked if the particular school offered. The "offer" columns for Marquette and Tennessee aren't checked. I also checked the scholarship offer lists on a different site for the individual schools, and neither school offered Antonio Chol for 2022 or 2023.
Not really important but there is a thread on the Round Table about Chol and someone commented about the offers from Marquette and Tennessee and Richie indicated that was a mistake. It has obviously been corrected.

Last edited:
To see Marquette and Tennessee, you have to click on "see all" at the bottom of the athlete's Rivals school interest list. But they aren't listed as having offered.
Yes, I think some fans here did not look to the far right for the offer check marks

And assume all teams listed were offering

I've always thought that having an open spot late into the summer pays dividends. We got CJ Gettys late in Pikiell's first year. Oscar Palmquist and Jaden Jones were able to enroll early because of saving an open spot. The latter 2 may not have panned out but we still got em.

Last edited:
Rivals has had the same listing all day, from what I've seen. Schools that have "shown interest" are listed on the athlete's page, and the last column is checked if the particular school offered. The "offer" columns for Marquette and Tennessee aren't checked. I also checked the scholarship offer lists on a different site for the individual schools, and neither school has offered Antonio Chol for 2022 or 2023.
You do know that schools don't report offers to Rivals. Not saying he did or did not have offers but Rivals certainly does not know everything going on in recruiting.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU

Carino thinks we are going with
Guards(5) Caleb, Paul, Cam, Jalen, Derek
Wings(3) Hyatt, Mag, Oskar
Bigs(4) Cliff, Dean, Antwone, Antonio

I can sort of see that not sure of Hyatt or Mag starts, but Cam and Mag or Hyatt first off the bench, than Jalen and Oskar to start the season while the freshman learn. That is going to be a tall starting lineup.

Carino thinks we are going with
Guards(5) Caleb, Paul, Cam, Jalen, Derek
Wings(3) Hyatt, Mag, Oskar
Bigs(4) Cliff, Dean, Antwone, Antonio

I can sort of see that not sure of Hyatt or Mag starts, but Cam and Mag or Hyatt first off the bench, than Jalen and Oskar to start the season while the freshman learn. That is going to be a tall starting lineup.
Having Chol makes me feel much better about our frontcourt depth.

You do know that schools don't report offers to Rivals. Not saying he did or did not have offers but Rivals certainly does not know everything going on in recruiting.....lol
Okay, but like I wrote earlier, to double check I had also checked some other offer list sites, including the 247 Sports basketball scholarship offer lists for Tennessee, Marquette, Syracuse, and Texas A&M, for both the class of 2022 and class of 2023. None of those schools' lists included Antonio Chol as a player that they offered. Not saying that it's proof that those schools didn't offer, but it's more evidence that they probably didn't.

Last edited:
Okay, but like I wrote earlier, to double check I had also checked some other offer list sites, including the 247 Sports basketball scholarship offer lists for Tennessee, Marquette, Syracuse, and Texas A&M, for both the class of 2022 and class of 2023. None of those schools' lists included Antonio Chol as a player that they offered. Not saying that it's proof that those schools didn't offer, but it's more evidence that they probably didn't.
They didn't offer but were showing interest. All those schools plus more would have offered if he stayed another year in HS.

10 or so high major offers and a high 3 star would be an estimate IMO

Reactions: Knightmoves
They didn't offer but were showing interest. All those schools plus more would have offered if he stayed another year in HS.

10 or so high major offers and a high 3 star would be an estimate IMO
About his offer list, he reclassified as a class of 23. This means that many of the high majors could have been waiting to see him this year and Pike got him to reclassify back to 22 so the other schools didn’t get that chance. Good move by Pike.
Good points...

Although I saw some nice game videos, I did see a few game vids from January where, at least to me, he seemed quiet and didn't seem very aggressive, only scoring a few points. In those games he seemed to be the 4th or 5th scoring option on his team, and didn't seem to be given the ball on offense very much. He seems to have the necessary basketball skills and athletic ability though, and a good attitude, so I'm looking forward to being able to see him in a Scarlet Knights' uniform.

Good points...

Although I saw some nice game videos, I did see a few game vids from January where, at least to me, he seemed quiet and didn't seem very aggressive, only scoring a few points. In those games he seemed to be the 4th or 5th scoring option on his team, and didn't seem to be given the ball on offense very much. He seems to have the necessary basketball skills and athletic ability though, and a good attitude, so I'm looking forward to being able to see him in a Scarlet Knights' uniform.
College coaching will take care of those minor things!

College coaching will take care of those minor things!
Agree. From what I saw on the videos he is a big athletic kid that is aggressive on both ends and has a nice shooting touch.

My thought is that with his abilities and size he has a substantial ceiling as a player and will be a nice addition to the practice floor this season. I hope we see plenty of him during early OOC schedule. Surprisingly good late pickup by Pike.

Good points...

Sounds like Mag.

Sounds like Mag.
When I first saw posts in this thread saying that Antonio Chol reminded some posters of Mag, I didn't understand.. But after watching more game video than just highlight reels, I can see a little bit of similarity at times. From an ability standpoint though, it seems that Chol is definitely ahead of where Mawot Mag was when Mag was at Prolific Prep, and Chol can play more of a bigger man's game. I hope Antonio has Mawot's guts and intensity too... (although I definitely don't want him to lose any teeth when trying to draw offensive fouls..)

Last edited:
When I first saw posts in this thread saying that Antonio Chol reminded some posters of Mag, I didn't understand.. But after watching more game video than just highlight reels, I can see a little bit of similarity at times. From an ability standpoint though, it seems that Chol is ahead of where Mawot Mag was when Mag was at Prolific Prep. I hope Antonio has Mawot's guts and intensity too... (although I definitely don't want him to lose any teeth when trying to draw offensive fouls..)
Yes, hopefully Mag has the most advanced, state-of-the-art mouth guard ready to go this year!

Yes, hopefully Mag has the most advanced, state-of-the-art mouth guard ready to go this year!

He using these for the season.

james-bond-jaws.gif

ADVERTISEMENT