ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 Florida DB Jason Duclona decommits from Rutgers, adds new offers

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Last edited:
Did the loss to Iowa make a difference? Is this shortsightedness or something bigger at play?

Could have been just hedging his bets and waiting on different offers. Either way, rooting for this program is like a broken record sometimes.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
No point in overanalyzing it. Recruits come and go. Nowadays, even when they're on campus and practicing with the team, it's not a lock they'll be here for the upcoming season.

I am unmoved by recruit's when they commit or decommit. I just see who's available on game day and everything else is just white noise.

And this is true for most CFB teams. It's not just us.

No point in overanalyzing it. Recruits come and go. Nowadays, even when they're on campus and practicing with the team, it's not a lock they'll be here for the upcoming season.

I am unmoved by recruit's when they commit or decommit. I just see who's available on game day and everything else is just white noise.

I still respect your decision.

If only NJ athletes had the same inclination to play close to home and make it easy for family and friends to support their endeavor. And UCF, thanks to Scott Frost, has risen way beyond the FIU’s and FAU ‘s of the world.

I have exactly the same philosophy. Back in the early Schiano 1.0 days I lived and breathed recruiting like many of the old-timers on this board.

I've since become complete numb to it. It's a farcical process that lacks any and all attempts to render it predictable. I now focus on nothing less than the LOI signatures and nothing before.

The dude had a spot here. He better hope those are committable offers or he may get left out in the dark once signing day comes and goes. Good riddance to him. On similar note, anyone catch our hot potato commit from years back, Rashad Wildgoose? The plays I saw, he got torched multiple times on the long balls. It was like the announcers couldn't avoid saying his name, and not for a good reason.

If it's about money then it's one thing to ask donors to write checks for new facilities, but for paying off HS kids is really making college football a tough watch. The NCAA reprimanded schools for decades only to allow this bull$hit to happen to the college sports world.

If it's about money then it's one thing to ask donors to write checks for new facilities, but for paying off HS kids is really making college football a tough watch. The NCAA reprimanded schools for decades only to allow this bull$hit to happen to the college sports world.

Eh. Is there really a moral or ethical difference between donor funds going directly to players or donor funds going towards HC Schiano having a country club membership and a clothing stipend?

It's not like college ADs run the tightest ships regarding to their spending and some beacon of responsible spending.
AD spending (both direct revenue and donor funds) on sleep pods, fancy locker rooms, and Ipads went from "that's crazy some schools are wasting money like that" to "standard operating expense".

Class of 2023 defensive back Jason Duclona has decommitted from Rutgers following a visit to UCF this past weekend. He added an offer from the Golden Knights as well as Mississippi State.

"at the end of the day I ahve to what's best for me and my future."

Richie- that's not what his tweet said.

The NCAA did NOT allow anything to happen. The United States Supreme Court ruled that players had to be compensated for use of their name, image, & likeness. So there is nothing that the NCAA can do

The NCAA did NOT allow anything to happen. The United States Supreme Court ruled that players had to be compensated for use of their name, image, & likeness. So there is nothing that the NCAA can do
Didn't know that and with that said, is the NCAA trying to have this overturned?

Didn't know that and with that said, is the NCAA trying to have this overturned?
Not sure how that would be possible. There's no higher court that could overturn it. It wouldn't even be possible to legislate something that SCOTUS already ruled against, at least on the narrow focus of the ruling.

OTOH, the players themselves could potentially organize and agree to NIL limitations if they felt it was in their best interest. They could, for instance, agree to some form of shared compensation instead of the free-for-all we have now. That might promote more widespread competitive games producing more money for all stakeholders.

But then some players would clearly not want to participate in player's organization that if they felt they could do better on their own. Could wind up in front of SCOTUS again, I suppose.

He was turned off by our no risk, low energy, conservative offense. People on this board predicted this would happen. It just shows how out of touch GS is and what a big mistake hiring him was.
Oh wait he's a DB?
Who wants to stand on the sideline while you're waiting for your aggressive, blitzing hard hitting defense to go on the field and have to watch the no risk, low energy, conservative offense? People on this board predicted this would happen.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Never like to lose a recruit however I wouldn’t lose much sleep over Duclona de committing. In this new era of NIL and portal movement DB is the least of our concerns . Just keep bringing in those B1G bodies on the O& D lines. Our needs are WR, TE and a QB or 2 . Then a mix at LB and DB.

Not sure how that would be possible. There's no higher court that could overturn it. It wouldn't even be possible to legislate something that SCOTUS already ruled against, at least on the narrow focus of the ruling.

OTOH, the players themselves could potentially organize and agree to NIL limitations if they felt it was in their best interest. They could, for instance, agree to some form of shared compensation instead of the free-for-all we have now. That might promote more widespread competitive games producing more money for all stakeholders.

But then some players would clearly not want to participate in player's organization that if they felt they could do better on their own. Could wind up in front of SCOTUS again, I suppose.

Maybe, like Hebrew National cold cuts and hot dogs, the NCAA could look to a higher authority.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
Maybe, like Hebrew National cold cuts and hot dogs, the NCAA could look to a higher authority.
That'd be pretty much the only way, right?

I'm merely speculating here, but I think, probably, the higher authority is likely to remain neutral and refer the case back to a lower, uh, authority. That seems to be the trend, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT