ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 Florida OL Mozell Williams commits to RFootball

Merged the wrong way.
git-merge.gif

ipcCTVk.gif

Recruiting picking up! Nice “B1G” get! Getting closer to matching the big boys pound for pound!

Reactions: beaced
Recruiting picking up! Nice “B1G” get! Getting closer to matching the big boys pound for pound!
Don't mean to be a downer but the last 4 commits have a combined 0 power 5 offers. I'm guessing we're just in with them very early, with them coming to our camps?

Sharp contrast to last year with a load of 4 stars committing early.

To be fair TOS has them rated mid to high level 3 stars.

Reactions: RUPete and RUShea
Don't mean to be a downer but the last 4 commits have a combined 0 power 5 offers. I'm guessing we're just in with them very early, with them coming to our camps?

This very valid and troublesome point needs to be raised on a separate thread, rather than one welcoming a kid to Rutgers.

I was thinking the same way and I am now wondering if the portal has caused a shift in the way they are building the team. I am purely speculating but is it possible that the staff thinks they can recruit the under rated HS players and spend a year or two developing them and use the portal to fill in gaps with ready to play guys each year. Seems that there is a risk in bringing in players with several P5 offers who might leave if they don’t see PT right away. This way you develop guys and then each year you identify the weak spots in the roster and fill those from the portal. This years crop of hs players is really for two years from now. Some will develop and some won’t. Just a thought.

Many of the commits have been to campus multiple times, they have been to RU camps, Mozell Williams was evaluated in Fl. By Coach Hoffman. Personal on campus or in person evaluations of recruits is probably the more accurate than reputation (stars) and film. With covid and the portal the evaluation process is different, the recent commits all seem to have the measurables whether it be size or speed or both. I assume GS knows what he is doing. What is also obvious is that you won't have stars if you have not been evaluated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT