ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 RB Chris Johnson decommits from Rutgers Football

Goes to show RU staff knows how to identify high level talent. Georgia isn’t exactly a MAC level team. No shame and it’s early in the recruit game.

GO RU

Exactly. Schiano and company are putting in the work to get in first. Hard for a kid not to reconsider his options when the defending national champs and perennial top 5/10 team offers. A team that has a very young coach who will be around for a while unless he’s interested in the NFL.

Reactions: tico brown
You underestimate the greatness of the Paul Finebaum Show. The Big Ten Network can only wish they had a personality like Finebaum, the interviews that Finebaum has on his show, and 1/2 the audience that the Paul Finebaum Show draws.
Other than number of viewers, there is Nothing great about Finebaum. He comes off as a used car salesman on the bad side of town. Nothing about him or the show has any signs of class. And you are not talking to someone who hates the South. I lived in South Carolina and Virginia for three and a half years and never would have left if not for family reasons. The callers he has are the bottom of the barrel of Southerners. It would be like BTN having a show and putting the Sopranos and Snookie on the air. Finebaum is bargain basement compared to Mike Hall, Dave Revsine, Howard Griffith, Rick Pizzo, etc. Do I wish the Big Ten Network had a similiar show but with an anti-Finebaum? Yes. Is the SEC Network coverage of college baseball much better than the Big Ten Network? Yes. Is BTN coverage of lacrosse, wrestling, and hockey light years ahead of the SEC Network? Yes. Each has their strengths, but I sure wouldn’t tune in to watch garbage like Finebaum .

Other than number of viewers, there is Nothing great about Finebaum. He comes off as a used car salesman on the bad side of town. Nothing about him or the show has any signs of class. And you are not talking to someone who hates the South. I lived in South Carolina and Virginia for three and a half years and never would have left if not for family reasons. The callers he has are the bottom of the barrel of Southerners. It would be like BTN having a show and putting the Sopranos and Snookie on the air. Finebaum is bargain basement compared to Mike Hall, Dave Revsine, Howard Griffith, Rick Pizzo, etc. Do I wish the Big Ten Network had a similiar show but with an anti-Finebaum? Yes. Is the SEC Network coverage of college baseball much better than the Big Ten Network? Yes. Is BTN coverage of lacrosse, wrestling, and hockey light years ahead of the SEC Network? Yes. Each has their strengths, but I sure wouldn’t tune in to watch garbage like Finebaum .
Most of the Big Ten Network staff live in anonymity. I can see Finebaum has little appeal to you. That’s fine. Finebaum is a recognizable figure. Very successful and highly compensated.

Surpasses by coming off as a SEC clown
None of the Big Ten broadcasters have a national presence. Low budget, without personality. Clown is an overstatement. Finebaum’s guests and the quality of his interviews are pretty amazing for a guy who is a clown. You can’t get past the fact that SEC football is far and away college’s best ball and that its fans are passionate about its teams.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Losing a recruit to the defending national champs hurts less. This isn’t a Fran thing. I could recruit kids to Georgia.
Sorry, this is a Fran Brown thing. You may be able to recruit good kids to Georgia, but Fran Brown was able to recruit good kids to Rutgers!

Let's look into the future, say one year and here is what we see:

Chris Johnson enters the Transfer Portal.

What will we do?

I say we show some love and maybe we can get him in one year and he goes on to set all kinds of records here. You never know how these things play out. Look he is two years away from contributing anyway.
Let him learn from the best CFB team and then we can get him on TP. He will be very hungry when he comes RU.

Reactions: BLewis1968
BC coach Jeff Hafley on Finebaum’s show as I type this. Learned BC is 3-1 all-time versus Alabama. BC has a player or two going early in the draft tonight in Lost Wages. Finebaum complimented Hafley for beating an SEC program — Missouri. And playing solid game versus Clemson. And another compliment for BC scheduling a home-and-home with Alabama in 2031 and 2032. Finebaum did chide Hafley a bit about ACC level of competition being down and difficulty presented by NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT