ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 Union City OL JaSire Peterson commits to Rutgers

Welcome to The Banks JaSire. You couldn't have picked a better education opportunity and a football program that's ready to break out.
Go RU!

6’5 265 2023...for GS to offer that early...there is no doubt this kid has real potential. Plays both side but screams OT to me

Reactions: kyleman4
Welcome to one of the Top 50 universities in the world and New Jersey’s Team !!!
:CHOP:

JaSire best of luck young man and great choice in Rutgers University and coach Schiano.

First offer and committed same day. Sounds like he really wants to be at RU (or at least for now).

Nice pick up. One of the best younger players in NJ. Now let's hope they pick up his teammate as well.

Didn't you just pay attention by opening this thread and contributing to it ?
You could say that.
I think most normal people comment and contribute to conversations on message boards.
Anyway Im ignoring his commitment, not the the kid

Last edited:
Reactions: RUBOB72
I always view these commitments as being very positive news. Would you rather a high potential recruit not commit to Rutgers? We are in the driver's seat early. I'd be pissed if someone with his talent committed early to Penn State or Michigan. Of course, lots can change over the next 2 years but you always prefer to get these guys committed as it increases your chances of landing them. Especially if the same coaching staff remains in place which is highly likely in our case. Just be happy that our guys are working hard to lock down NJ.

The early verbal is nice and makes good press however 2+ years is a long way off. We have had several other excellent players from Union City NJ .We have also had some good players choose other out of state schools from there. Maybe Schiano can get us another Sosa or two? Hope he comes but it really is a long time away.

Reactions: beaced
No it’s not over thinking things when you have a young man committing 2+ years early. Yes congrats but let’s close the deal on this kid . Don’t need another kid with skills to get switched late in the game after the staff works its’s butt off.

You could say that.
I think most normal people comment and contribute to conversations on message boards.
Anyway Im ignoring his commitment, not the the kid
I understand what you were trying to say. I too have learned not to waste time projecting a guy like this into our starting lineup just yet. Or even ending up here. I've learned a new definition of the word COMMIT. But as someone above said, it's better that he chose Rutgers....at least for now.
BTW, I've seen this guy and Union City play a number of times. The team has a number of impressively talented kids. And JaSire is definitely one of them. Union City crushed North Bergen this past season by something like 70 points. My North Bergen buds are still upset about that one.

Reactions: zappaa
I would think mathematics/statistics would indicate that you tend to get more commits who stick than flip. So many haters on here. Would you rather he commit to PSU early?

I would think mathematics/statistics would indicate that you tend to get more commits who stick than flip. So many haters on here. Would you rather he commit to PSU early?
Haters?
I make a personal choice to not pay attention to early commitments as I’ve been around to long and seen to many change their mind if their recruiting offers blow up.
Not an ounce of hate in my post
That said it certainly isn’t a bad thing, it’s why I congratulated the kid

It is tough to get excited two years out, but it is good to see strong relationships forming again with us being in on recruits early. I'll take this over trying to get excited about us making the cut for a recruit's final 10 schools.

There was one certain coach and year which bucked that trend. It was the year Mr. Barkley up and left along with a mass exodus of verbal commits.

For Mr. Peterson, welcome to Rutgers University and the Scarlet Knights!!! First big offer and not waiting for more offers before committing is very encouraging. He is a long way from signing and could have taken his sweet ole time.

And to whom were you directing that gem to?

Mods, any idea when he is going to get his rating? reddit/r/cfb started a new thread because he is now 4 stars on 24/7

ADVERTISEMENT