ADVERTISEMENT

24 Portal Thread

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
So far we have one commitment from Harris Hubbard, a defenseman from Washington and Lee.

Never know how guys respond to a jump in competition but he definitely looks athletic enough.

More to come.

We need defense too.

I am aware of at least one offensive player that put up video game numbers, albeit at a lower level.

The biggest issue is SSDM. We need offensive guys who can run. That's our identity.

Any seniors that could come back with an extra year? Such as Scott? Or still too early to know?

Yeah definitely need close defense with Russo and Apgar out of eligibility.

Does Stahanczyk have a COVID year remaining?

Princeton has 4 middies in the portal, all grad transfers. Even the ones who would not be SSDM would be a boost, especially English.

Everyone wants English. He has a brother at UNC. Some say he is headed there while others are saying Syracuse.

Bottom line is if we want those guys, we need to get more NIL money. The game is changing.

Everyone wants English. He has a brother at UNC. Some say he is headed there while others are saying Syracuse.

Bottom line is if we want those guys, we need to get more NIL money. The game is changing.

At this point I'm not sure how enthusiastic he would be about Syracuse.

princeton's english and stevens are both going to cuse. it has been an open secret for months. it's less about wanting to go to cuse and more about getting the chance to play one year with their old culver buddies

the SSDM pederson looks headed to the big ten, but not rutgers

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
SIAP but is there a list of guys we are definitely losing?
Apgar
Russo
Sprock
Mullin
Dugenio
Knobby (junior?)
Cameron
Neuman
Kim brothers
Rall
????

That's a crazy amount of contributors to lose if I got it right

Last edited:
Knobloch is here at least another year. I believe that we lose the 2 of the 3 SSDM transfers not sure how Stahancyzk has another year as he came in with Russo and Rall and he played at least 5 games in every season. It looks like Palma can come back for another year, which will help the goalie room. Heard that the red shirted Stoller and that by the end of the season he was playing very well in practice.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
So far we have one commitment from Harris Hubbard, a defenseman from Washington and Lee.

Never know how guys respond to a jump in competition but he definitely looks athletic enough.

More to come.
Maybe a depth player? He plays in the ODAC conference which is not a power conference in D3 by any regards. FWIW, Apgar was a 3x AA playing for the best team in D3 against the best D3 competition. Earned a starting spot at close and played well but didn’t dominate like he did at Salisbury. B1G is a different level. If they’re going to take in transfers that push scout players back I’d expect them to have serious experience at a D1 competitive level, if not build from the scout.

I believe Dugenio has another year but could be wrong.

Next week is going to be insane portal activity.

Reactions: Wagram97
Maybe a depth player? He plays in the ODAC conference which is not a power conference in D3 by any regards. FWIW, Apgar was a 3x AA playing for the best team in D3 against the best D3 competition. Earned a starting spot at close and played well but didn’t dominate like he did at Salisbury. B1G is a different level. If they’re going to take in transfers that push scout players back I’d expect them to have serious experience at a D1 competitive level, if not build from the scout.
Saw the kid play live and he is very good and should help us next year at close. honestly, if they are looking D3 they should look at Ethan Greene LSM from York 6'5" monster who is a menace in the middle of the field.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown

Quite a change for W&L from the days they were a regular seed in the D1 8 team tournament.

Quite a change for W&L from the days they were a regular seed in the D1 8 team tournament.
No kidding. W&L is a solid top 25 team in D3 but the level of competition they play on a daily basis fluctuates so much. May win a game by 25, my lose a game by 5. The NESCAC plays the best competition week in and week out. I think that’s why Jacoby last year was able to step in and contribute immediately. Plus he had sick skills.

Saw the kid play live and he is very good and should help us next year at close. honestly, if they are looking D3 they should look at Ethan Greene LSM from York 6'5" monster who is a menace in the middle of the field.
Not doubting he was very good against the competition he played. There’s a reason he’s won some awards. But this is the B1G we’re talking about. Would he fit on MD’s roster? That’s where RU needs to get too. If a 5th transfer has the same talent and skills as a freshman or sophomore you should play younger option IMO.

Reactions: rufamily
Aren't we in talks of going after the Dartmouth FOGO should Dugenio decide to move on? Also I'd look hard at the FOGO from St. Joe's who is a South Jersey kid from Mount Laurel and played HS lax at Lenape.

Reactions: Caliknight
Aren't we in talks of going after the Dartmouth FOGO should Dugenio decide to move on? Also I'd look hard at the FOGO from St. Joe's who is a South Jersey kid from Mount Laurel and played HS lax at Lenape.

He's not in the portal. Also got dinged in the UNC game and struggled in the later part of the season, kind of like Dugenio when he was less than 100%. Not sure what his plans are. The St Joe's kid is a worthy target.

Couple of things. One is we are going to be in the mix with some high level guys. But...it's going to require $. IF you are able to engage in NIL deals directly, do it. If not, donate to the Knight of the Raritan. They have been vetted and are legit. You would need to specifically earmark for men's lacrosse. If you like seeing us win, this is an area you can have a very direct impact on that. If you have any questions you want to ask, hit me offline via DM's.

As it relates to the portal, there is another kid from the NESCAC we are looking at. I don't know if he's in the portal yet but he put up huge numbers in that league. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Wagram97
Couple of things. One is we are going to be in the mix with some high level guys. But...it's going to require $. IF you are able to engage in NIL deals directly, do it. If not, donate to the Knight of the Raritan. They have been vetted and are legit. You would need to specifically earmark for men's lacrosse. If you like seeing us win, this is an area you can have a very direct impact on that. If you have any questions you want to ask, hit me offline via DM's.

As it relates to the portal, there is another kid from the NESCAC we are looking at. I don't know if he's in the portal yet but he put up huge numbers in that league. Should be interesting.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he is not yet in the portal.

Not sure who you are thinking of but being in the portal is likely the last piece of it if he comes here.

As with a number of these kids, the horse trading behind the scenes is crazy. A lot of these kids know where they are going long before they hit the portal.

Reactions: mattkamish
Defenseman Peter Rizzotti from Dartmouth to RU. This is a very solid pick up. Great locker room guy and leader who has been very productive on the field.

Brian is putting in work. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Handley from Penn is hitting the portal allegedly. Everyone is going to be after him if so.

Boyden from Tufts has entered the portal apparently. That kid is a serious player. He'd fit in very well on our attack. Exactly what we've been missing. That lethal finisher ala AC.

Defenseman Peter Rizzotti from Dartmouth to RU. This is a very solid pick up. Great locker room guy and leader who has been very productive on the field.

Brian is putting in work. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Handley from Penn is hitting the portall also. Everyone is going to be afterif so.

Great get! And he can play either LSM or close D. Was HM All-Ivy at LSM his freshman year. Then came covid. '21-22 Dartmouth was deep at LSM and a little thin at close D so he moved to close D.

And he's scored long distance on the 10 man ride more than once.

I though he was through his eligibility, but forgot the Ivies got 2 years, as long as it's not at a Ivy school.

Boyden from Tufts has entered the portal apparently. That kid is a serious player. He'd fit in very well on our attack. Exactly what we've been missing. That lethal finisher ala AC.

That's the guy I was referring to

Boyden will have his of places to go if he wants. he puts up video game numbers at Tufts.

I don't think we are a player with Boyton unfortunately. We need that skillset. Though, most teams can say that.

What about schedule? Would Utah be an away game next year? We've been thinking of a road trip one season (was scheduled to go to Michigan in '20 then the season got cancelled due to Covid). If Utah is on the road next year, think that may the road trip to take. Hear is a stunning campus/stadium environment.

From my perspective no need to go to Utah - no recruiting advantage that’s why them and Denver are always on the east coast.

Reactions: mattkamish
ADVERTISEMENT