ADVERTISEMENT

24 Portal Thread

Good pick up, re Brams. He was 16/29 against Rutgers at the FO (Dugenio was 15/28 against Utah).
Not so good against princeton and gtown. Still some question marks here in terms of how they’ll do against the tougher competition on our schedule which is more common than what they came from.

Rest of the conference is adding some DUDES via transfers. Not sure we have down enough move up the ladder in conference play next year.

Sojo literally knows nothing. He's a troll. Mock and laugh at him.

He has no idea who anyone is adding and couldn't pick a lacrosse stick from a hockey stick. Clown.

He's here because he got thoroughly embarrassed on the pay board today.

Does anyone know a good Prep School ?

When I say good I mean very high end academics and high end Lacrosse. It has to have both.

Trying to get some info for a friend.

When I say good I mean very high end academics and high end Lacrosse. It has to have both.

My nephew just transferred to Salisbury. I am impressed with what I have seen there.

Boy's Latin now has boarding. Or are you looking in a specific area?

There are a bunch. I would put the Top 2 for the combination as

Deerfield
Lawrenceville

Better lax than academics but still good academics

Taft
Culver

Better academics than lax but they still put players in Power 3 conferences

Exeter
Hill
Andover
Choate Rosemary Hall

Also, although it is nominally day school, I believe Gilman has had students make living arrangements to attend. Legendary lacrosse and good academics

All East Coast. Can't comment on West Coast.

Where is he looking? If in NJ it would be Lawrencville. If if is the Northeast it could be a couple including Deerfield, Taft or a couple of others.

Guys thanks very much I appreciate it.

Both myself and my friend knew Lawrenceville but none of the others.

A guy in my club suggested Avon Old Farms in CT------anyone familiar with it ?

Avon Old Farms generally plays lax at the level of my academic>lax group, but the academics aren't as good. They're are at least 2 better choice in Ct.,, and you could throw in Hotchkiss for academics. The other schools are in Mass., NH, NJ., Pa. and Ind.

Don't forget The Hun School haha.
Yea, congrats on the new gig, but right now L’ville is better in both ways. There are a ton in New England and Avon is a good lacrosse school and excellent academic schools it’s a pretty campus but most of them are. Hotchkiss is also good

Reactions: gef21
Hmm. I don't follow the off-season moves, closely, but based on my Googling, Maryland wasn't very active with regard to transfers. If so, that's surprising. It's not like they are coming off a great season.

Oh well, I'm sure they know what they're doing...

Hmm. I don't follow the off-season moves, closely, but based on my Googling, Maryland wasn't very active with regard to transfers. If so, that's surprising. It's not like they are coming off a great season.

Oh well, I'm sure they know what they're doing...

They have 4 I believe. I think they imported the entire Vermont D midfield, or at least two of them I think. Was surprised that they got one of them.

They will still be very good. They will almost always be very good. But they will be beatable again. After the other worldly team they had in two years ago, very good is highest level of expectation a Maryland fan can realistically have. Another FF showing is certainly possible, but it's not going to be easy. The entire league got better.

Reactions: Wagram97
At this point it looks like the winners for the total class would be Duke, Michigan, Rutgers and Syracuse. Single individual impact would be Hopkins (Ierlan), OSU (Burke) and ND (McLane).

Reactions: Wagram97
Yea, congrats on the new gig, but right now L’ville is better in both ways. There are a ton in New England and Avon is a good lacrosse school and excellent academic schools it’s a pretty campus but most of them are. Hotchkiss is also good
Lville is unreal right now. Heard there might be some MAPL changes coming soon.

They have 4 I believe. I think they imported the entire Vermont D midfield, or at least two of them I think. Was surprised that they got one of them.

They will still be very good. They will almost always be very good. But they will be beatable again. After the other worldly team they had in two years ago, very good is highest level of expectation a Maryland fan can realistically have. Another FF showing is certainly possible, but it's not going to be easy. The entire league got better.
Thank you, Cali.

It seems like the portal is more important in lacrosse than any other sport (so much talent looking to prove itself and move up to D1, for one thing, since there are fewer D1 programs than in other sports). I was surprised to see so little action by the Terrapins. But like I said, I don't know nuthin' about it and will be a fan regardless...

Reactions: Caliknight
They had a couple of guys hurt who will be returning. Their high school recruiting has been the equal or better than anyone. I'm not surprised they didn't hit it as hard as some other schools. Even so you can see where they feel they were needing help. Much like us- in the defensive midfield.

Reactions: rufamily

If you want CT Brunswick, Choate and Salisbury school are all better right now.

Will Trevor Yeboah-Kodie (Brown transfer who is currently a key contributor on special teams on the football team, but was captain of Brown Lax team) be playing lax for us in the spring? He should have a COVID year of eligibility remaining.

@Caliknight

Will Trevor Yeboah-Kodie (Brown transfer who is currently a key contributor on special teams on the football team, but was captain of Brown Lax team) be playing lax for us in the spring? He should have a COVID year of eligibility remaining.

@Caliknight

Not that I have heard, but he would be very welcome if he wanted to. Not sure how that would work though. Schiano is very tight on who can play other sports, as we know. Guess he would be done with football though so you never know.

Don't tell Ky about a guy who was a defensive player in D1 lacrosse who didn't play football for 4 years then gets thrust into the line up his first year in the program lol

Reactions: Degaz-RU and patk89
Not that I have heard, but he would be very welcome if he wanted to. Not sure how that would work though. Schiano is very tight on who can play other sports, as we know. Guess he would be done with football though so you never know.

Don't tell Ky about a guy who was a defensive player in D1 lacrosse who didn't play football for 4 years then gets thrust into the line up his first year in the program lol
If he's finished his football eligibility why would Schiano care? He was one of Brown's "Delta House" crew that got suspended for 4 games in '23, but in '22 he was an HM AA ssdm who also scored 7-6. I think Rutgers lax could find a place for him.

No doubt. He’d fit in very well the way our rope guys play.

Brown is one of the few teams that allow their shorties to play offense like we do.

I am assuming he is a SSDM. Captain last year and very athletic, so that would fit into Brecht's MO, but the real problem would be that he hasn't had the fall ball to mesh with the team. He would have very little time to do so in January.

Not to say it could not happen but I would think it's a stretch unless all the stars align.

Thoughts?

I am assuming he is a SSDM. Captain last year and very athletic, so that would fit into Brecht's MO, but the real problem would be that he hasn't had the fall ball to mesh with the team. He would have very little time to do so in January.

Not to say it could not happen but I would think it's a stretch unless all the stars align.

Thoughts?

One part of the transition is conditioning, and that won't be a problem. Also, he's had 3 years of P3 lacrosse competition as opposed high school. I don't think its too much of a stretch.

Reactions: Caliknight
It could be done but the biggest issue is learning our system. Brown plays high tempo so it could be done easier than coming from other systems but that would be the biggest challenge with conditioning being second. Football condition is much different than lacrosse condition especially the way our DMids are expected to get up and down the field. He’d likely have to cut some weight.

It could be done but the biggest issue is learning our system. Brown plays high tempo so it could be done easier than coming from other systems but that would be the biggest challenge with conditioning being second. Football condition is much different than lacrosse condition especially the way our DMids are expected to get up and down the field. He’d likely have to cut some weight.

But if he:s a gunner on special teams that's about as close to D mid lax as you can get playing football.

Maybe. I’d argue DB because you actually have to cover someone and match feet.

Even so, playing special teams peak condition is getting big enough to be able to sprint 60 yards and hit someone.

In our system our rope guys can sometimes do 3 full field sprints will guarding, clearing, and playing offense. It’s definitely a different type of condition.

Marylands starting DB who played DMid for them spoke of this very thing in an interview I saw. There is simply more running in lacrosse and cardio fitness needs to match that.

Again, not saying it wouldn’t be very possible and he plays the positions that best match up but is different.

ADVERTISEMENT