ADVERTISEMENT

3-0

I think you’re saying had Temple converted on a few plays, they might’ve won the game. Woulda, coulda. The fact is, with 1:09 to play, Johnny Langan slid at the 2-yd line. There was nothing in front of him but the endzone. He definitely made the right decision. But this results in the score being deceptively tighter.

Compare this to UVA-ODU. Same final score, but it took the Cavaliers’ last minute score to take the lead. Now, I’m sure Cavs fans are bitching about the scoreboard too, but at the end of the day, you take what you can get.
Agree. Can't woulda coulda unless you also say if Longerbeam had held on to the ball RU is up 7-0 after the first play of the game.

Reactions: RUSK97
Cole Snyder says hello.
200w.gif

Reactions: TM94goRU
Based on what?
Based on his ability to deliver passes to his receivers on the money.

IIRC, both of Simon's TD pass attempts were quite a ways out of bounds. He missed receivers several times yesterday. Just like last year, we seemed to be playing the dink and dunk game because perhaps that is all our QBs are capable of delivering.

Reactions: RaritanKnightRU
Based on his ability to deliver passes to his receivers on the money.

IIRC, both of Simon's TD pass attempts were quite a ways out of bounds. He missed receivers several times yesterday. Just like last year, we seemed to be playing the dink and dunk game because perhaps that is all our QBs are capable of delivering.
I’m not disagreeing that Simon isn’t good. Just don’t know what makes Snyder any better. He has not been good for Buffalo against similar competition

I’m not disagreeing that Simon isn’t good. Just don’t know what makes Snyder any better. He has not been good for Buffalo against similar competition
I'm not sure you are watching the games or clips of Cole play. It was the same here--he seemed to be a little like Chas Dodd (dare I say), undersized, but a gutsy baller.

Granted it was Holy Cross and they lost because Buffalo's defense seems really bad, but 23/34 for 305 yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTs is something we can only dream of. All pass plays cued up to play:

Have not seen passes like this from our QBs this season:

Even back in 2019:

Perfect? Far from it. But better than our current QB play--IMO, yes.

Reactions: RaritanKnightRU
The Hawkeyes are seeking to reach 3-0 in the Rutgers series, since 2014 when the Scarlet Knights joined the Big Ten. As we all remember, the 2016 game in New Brunswick was a 14-7 grind.

With recent realignment, the series will not be a regular six year cycle most likely.

Iowa ended their six-year cycle with Penn State last year, with fortunately back to back wins over what looks to be now an improved Nittany Lions program for 2022.

Now, the Rutgers series resumes this Saturday. Who wins the line of scrimmages battles?

Right now, defense > offense with both teams.

Who wins the special teams game?

Iowa Australia punter Tory Taylor this week, when asked about the punter Adam Korsak in the 2019 game at Kinick. By the way, Taylor's first American Football game was 2020 at Purdue, during pandemic. He arrived in August of 2020 for the Hawks.

Purdue got RS Charlie Jones from Iowa, but that was to move him to a featured WR role. Three of Iowa for Top WRs should play Saturday. One is at best a game day decision, like one or two of your scholarship QBs.

A good RS is only has good as the rest of the unit, in a lot of respect. Purdue is a good example with Jones.

Iowa and Rutgers each want to win this phase, as well.

Iowa's greatest strengths has been special teams and defense over last three years. Hawkeyes are #2 in B1G games. Wisconsin and Michigan are #3 and #4 were overtaken over past three years overall B1G record wise.

Past 5 and 10 years, Iowa is #4. Entering Week 4, Penn State, Indiana, even Northwestern are actually 1-0 to start B1G season. So, who joins the list from this game?

Who gets to 1-0 on Saturday night?

Always the best time of the year. Autumn in the Big Ten 🍂 🥮 🏈

Cole snyder is not better than Evan Simon. He was brutal last year.
Sure he was. Higher completion percentage than Simon. 42 running yards in 15 attempts vs. Simon's 6 running yards in 8 attempts. Sounds brutal. Do you just make crap up, or do you look at stats, or draw conclusions on a series in one game?

Reactions: Full Ride
Sure he was. Higher completion percentage than Simon. 42 running yards in 15 attempts vs. Simon's 6 running yards in 8 attempts. Sounds brutal. Do you just make crap up, or do you look at stats, or draw conclusions on a series in one game?
Rushing yards for 2 qbs getting mop up duty against Delaware is completely irrelevant. I saw enough out of Snyder in that Illinois game. If Snyder is so clearly better why did the coaching staff run with Simon for so long at the Maryland game?

Rushing yards for 2 qbs getting mop up duty against Delaware is completely irrelevant. I saw enough out of Snyder in that Illinois game. If Snyder is so clearly better why did the coaching staff run with Simon for so long at the Maryland game?

Agreed. I don’t think any of the mop up duty data is indicative of anything. That goes for Maryland too though. Neither of them played meaningful minutes last season.

Cole snyder is not better than Evan Simon. He was brutal last year.
Which, given Snyder’s play this year, does make one wonder: Is it the qb, or is it the offense?

Not that i think either Snyder or Simon are high level guys but factor in Wimsatt’s lack of development thus far as well. Certainly doesn’t look like we are getting the most out of our guys.

Snyder is a lot better than Simon.
Also that #7 WR on Buffalo looks good… wish we had him.

We were 3-0 last year after a very, very similar schedule--and with better offense. So far in Year 3 the offense looks no better and possibly worse than last year, which was worse than the year before. I hope things change as the season goes on but they rarely do with Schiano teams. It's hard to see a season this year that isn't a carbon copy of last year.

Snyder is a lot better than Simon.
Also that #7 WR on Buffalo looks good… wish we had him.
But the truth is we don't know how Cole Snyder would look in Rutgers offense with Rutgers OL and WRs. My estimation is a bit better--he seemed to have good pocket awareness, running ability and better accuracy from what we saw last year, and his throws this year.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Because they found out he was transferring!

We were 3-0 last year after a very, very similar schedule--and with better offense. So far in Year 3 the offense looks no better and possibly worse than last year, which was worse than the year before. I hope things change as the season goes on but they rarely do with Schiano teams. It's hard to see a season this year that isn't a carbon copy of last year.

Um - did you watch the Michigan game? We were doing fine until Sutton went down. ONeal followed a game or so later and already thin OL just didn’t have enough juice to even be servicable. That’s the reality of what happened last season. It didn’t matter who played QB or any of the skill positions.

ADVERTISEMENT