ADVERTISEMENT

Football 3-2-1: Wrapping up the 2022 campaign

Just doing a recap of the season i humbly feel a healthy Vedral keeps the games closer obviously (less mistakes) & also gets us closer to 6 games

BUT

GS needed to go with Wimsatt which is totally understandable..

Onto to the next..
Yeh a healthy Vedral carries us vs. NEB despite the refs imo, and maybe, maybe keeps us in the iowa game long enough to pull out a win. On the other hand, refs hosed us at MSU with Wimsatt having a real good game. I'll count Neb as a win either way though, 5-7 season in my mind with a shot at 6-6.

Reactions: bori_blanco
Yeh a healthy Vedral carries us vs. NEB despite the refs imo, and maybe, maybe keeps us in the iowa game long enough to pull out a win. On the other hand, refs hosed us at MSU with Wimsatt having a real good game. I'll count Neb as a win either way though, 5-7 season in my mind with a shot at 6-6.

It's quite possible sure. But Vedral actually has 18 passing touchdowns and 17 interceptions, so the notion that he takes care of the ball isn't necessarily a thing like a lot of people say -- fans, media, and coaches.

Reactions: Knightmoves
RU fans claiming that Vedral’s lack of availability cost us a bowl game?

Hard to believe given the history of posters blaming Vedral for our offensive problems.

Reactions: Plum Street
The fact Vedral was in the mix it all is crazy.

“If Vedral was healthy then maybe he might make a bowl.”
That is exactly why Wimsatt/Simon needed to play all year.
It would be one thing if “With Vedral we are competing with and against the entire conference”.
But that wasn’t close to the case.

If Vedral played all year, imagine the disaster next year would be with zero experience at QB.

Not one mention of the actual best RB all season long - Monangai?

Everyone keeps propping up Brown and not sure why.
Yes - he was good in one game against Indiana (27 carries, 96 yards, 3.6avg, 1TD, no catches).
He also immediately got hurt has was out for the year with some foot injury.

Meanwhile Kyle was available all year, lead the team in rushing and had our only 100+ rushing game of the year.
MSU: 24 carries, 162 yards, 6.8avg
3 catches for 30yards
182 total yards from scrimmage

I get that Brown is a freshman but I’d much rather make sure Kyle is on the team next year.

Yes - he was good in one game against Indiana (27 carries, 96 yards, 3.6avg, 1TD, no catches).

Meanwhile Kyle was available all year, lead the team in rushing and had our only 100+ rushing game of the year.
3 catches for 30yards

I get that Brown is a freshman but I’d much rather make sure Kyle is on the team next year.
I've liked Monangai since high school. But Sam Brown is in a different class. We need to keep him here.

3 catches for 30yards

I like Kyle a lot and I really hope he stays but all in all he had a disappointing year. Toss out MSU and Wagner and he averaged about 22 yards on the ground for the other 10 games.
For Brown toss out his best game (Indy), Wagner and BC (only had one carry for one yard) for his other four games he averaged over 50 yards a game.

I like Kyle a lot and I really hope he stays but all in all he had a disappointing year. Toss out MSU and Wagner and he averaged about 22 yards on the ground for the other 10 games.
For Brown toss out his best game (Indy), Wagner and BC (only had one carry for one yard) for his other four games he averaged over 50 yards a game.

Exactly. I like Monangai a lot too. He's a nice kid who has a chip on his shoulder. His best game was against Michigan State like Wimsatt's. Everything else he wasn't as good. I focused on him after the MSU game with an article, I believe.

You're completely off your rocker if you think Monangai is in the same class as Brown. I say that liking what Monangai brings to the table and totally confident with him as a 2nd back.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT