ADVERTISEMENT

3/2 BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Nevada rallied from down 13 and drains 3 with a second left to upset Colorado State 85-82.

Thats going to drop the Rams into last 4 in territory and move VCU to the last bye

Although there was a crazy inbound along sideline where prayer from sideline went up by came just after the buzzer sounded..excruciating

And actually they ruled he stepped out anyhow at .4 and Nevada inbounded to win

Madness!

Nevada rallied from down 13 and drains 3 with a second left to upset Colorado State 85-82.

Thats going to drop the Rams into last 4 in territory and move VCU to the last bye

Although there was a crazy inbound along sideline where prayer from sideline went up by came just after the buzzer sounded..excruciating

And actually they ruled he stepped out anyhow at .4 and Nevada inbounded to win

Madness!
Huge loss for Colorado St. !

Huge loss for Colorado St. !

I’m not so sure. Nevada at home is very good and not a bad record at all. Think Colorado State is fine.

St Bonnies and St.Louis I think are two best in A10. I haven’t seen Davidson all year though.

AAC will get two so either Wichita or Memphis or somebody after Houston... I think. Lol Vandy beating Cincy didn’t help.

I’m not so sure. Nevada at home is very good and not a bad record at all. Think Colorado State is fine.

St Bonnies and St.Louis I think are two best in A10. I haven’t seen Davidson all year though.

AAC will get two so either Wichita or Memphis or somebody after Houston... I think. Lol Vandy beating Cincy didn’t help.

Colorado State in must win situations going forward. Their profile is weak

BAC'S MORNING UPDATE...

9: LOYOLA CHICAGO, MARYLAND, RUTGERS, NORTH CAROLINA

10: MICHIGAN STATE, GEORGIA TECH, CONNECTICUT, LOUISVILLE

11: SAINT BONAVENTURE, WICHITA STATE, UCLA, VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH

12: CAL-SANTA-BARBARA, WINTHROP, DRAKE, XAVIER, BOISE STATE, COLORADO STATE

FIRST FOUR BYES: CONNECTICUT, LOUISVILLE, UCLA, VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH
LAST FOUR IN: COLORADO STATE, BOISE STATE, XAVIER, DRAKE

FIRST FOUR OUT: SAINT LOUIS, SYRACUSE, UTAH STATE, DUKE
NEXT FOUR OUT: SETON HALL, MISSISSIPPI, SAINT JOHN'S, MEMPHIS

The MW at large teams are in deep doo doo.

CSU's NET dropped to 50

Boise State is in the San Diego State bracket, if they even get by the 5 seed which should be Nevada, they MUST beat San Diego State to get in
Colorado State has to win their quaterfinal matchup and look to get paired with Utah State in the semis. Must win for them.
Utah State has to get to the finals to even have a shot, not even sure if that puts them as they are behind the other two bubbles at this point

The league will definitely not get 4, it could get 3 but there are scenarios where they only get 2.

In the AAC Wichita State if they can beat USF tomorrow wins the regular season AAC title. That will help them going forward as an attractive at large. However the league is not getting 3 bids IMO, unless the bubble really collapses. Memphis only has one quality win, if they do not beat Houston this weekend, they have no at large shot. SMU with virtually no games played for weeks has no at large chances 8 straight games cancelled.

Saint Louis really needs to beat the Bonnies today. That could be enough for them. VCU also needs a win over Davidson today. I think St Bonnies is in okay shape if they lose but really have to see how things shake out. The A10 could get 3 bids but could also get 2.

I don't understand ever putting a play-in game as a 12 seed, it hasn't happened, and probably never will. I think the NCAA likes the 2 play-in games as 6/11 seed games, the 5/12 games are traditional for upset since expanding to 64 or 68, as their bread and butter for upsets, 3 12s in 2018-19. 3 teams that I wouldn't want to play if I'm a 5, Winthrop, Liberty or Belmont. They would move 1 at large, like Drake or MWC at large, before they put a play-in at 12.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I don't understand ever putting a play-in game as a 12 seed, it hasn't happened, and probably never will. I think the NCAA likes the 2 play-in games as 6/11 seed games, the 5/12 games are traditional for upset since expanding to 64 or 68, as their bread and butter for upsets, 3 12s in 2018-19. 3 teams that I wouldn't want to play if I'm a 5, Winthrop, Liberty or Belmont. They would move 1 at large, like Drake or MWC at large, before they put a play-in at 12.
It hasn't?

There was a 14 seed play-in several years ago. 14! What!

I heard rumors that down the road the NCAA would add 2 more play in games to make it a Round of 72, and that if that happens, they'd play those Play In games at the Palestra in Philly. Not sure how valid those rumors are but I'd go to the play-in games every year at the Palestra. Bucket list place for a college hoops fan to watch a game.

Reactions: gregkoko

um its already happened, in fact 13 seeds also were in the play in game so no its not always 11 seeds

I heard rumors that down the road the NCAA would add 2 more play in games to make it a Round of 72, and that if that happens, they'd play those Play In games at the Palestra in Philly. Not sure how valid those rumors are but I'd go to the play-in games every year at the Palestra. Bucket list place for a college hoops fan to watch a game.

the field doesnt need to be expanded, its watered down as it is. We would be putting schools that do not even have Quad 1 wins in the field

the field doesnt need to be expanded, its watered down as it is. We would be putting schools that do not even have Quad 1 wins in the field

I think that’s great. The more the merrier. Watered down is relative. So much parity hard to distinguish. I like more games to watch.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Bac ,

why don’t you start a blog, social media or site with your bracket projections . Tour analysis is just as good as these so called experts . Your stuff is better and more in depth than the local media.

thanks....yeah i dont have a use for a blog since I post everything here but I have get on the bracketmatrix for next year so I will have come up with a blog or page just for that to apply to it. I am sure some of the local media reference mine. Also the thing is alot of people who put out brackets do not put out their reasoning and just sort of put out brackets and do not take the time to explain why certain schools are where they are.

Reactions: fluoxetine
If we lose 3 straight heading into Selection Sunday, we are asking for trouble especially losing to Nebraska and Minnesota.
Cannot lose today. Just Win! Play smart.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson

100% agreed but hitting the Palestra for play-in games sounds fantastic

Nova struggling. With injuries (& losses), I wonder how much they tumble in seeding.

Ok bac....here is how I see it for RU now ...you tell me if you see it this way

Rutgers loses to Indiana first round ...10 seed

Rutgers loses to Michigan state in first round ..9/10 seed

Rutgers beats Indiana ....9 seed

Rutgers beats Michigan state ...8/9 seed

Rutgers beats either Illinois/Michigan in the quarterfinal ...7 seed ...remain at
Above seed if they lose

Rutgers wins semifinal game against Purdue or Wisconsin ...6 /7 seed border

Rutgers wins big ten tournament ...with win over Ohio state or Iowa (5 seed) or win over Michigan (4 seed)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT