ADVERTISEMENT

3/2 BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Well a loss puts them at 14-12 not 14-13 so why would you keep them out until they lose 13

Syracuse and CSU have very weak profiles and CSU is projected in

Do you really think Cuse is getting over MSU..i think MSU wins a tourney game anyhow so 15-13 will lock them in

This year they should have even more leniency toward teams that simply don't have 7 games against top 10 teams to law-of-averages their way into a marquee win or two. I know MSU has done slightly better than I'd expect Boise to do in those 7 games, but if there's any year that 1-3 Q1 would be held as equivalent to 3-9, this would be the one.

Well a loss puts them at 14-12 not 14-13 so why would you keep them out until they lose 13

Syracuse and CSU have very weak profiles and CSU is projected in

Do you really think Cuse is getting over MSU..i think MSU wins a tourney game anyhow so 15-13 will lock them in

I said I thought they needed one of the next two. If they don't do that then they are 14-13. That's why I'm talking about 14-13.

This year they should have even more leniency toward teams that simply don't have 7 games against top 10 teams to law-of-averages their way into a marquee win or two. I know MSU has done slightly better than I'd expect Boise to do in those 7 games, but if there's any year that 1-3 Q1 would be held as equivalent to 3-9, this would be the one.

Boise just lost a Q4 game

Utah State last bubble team in action tonight and looking horrible early vs Fresno State losing 21-9 with 3:59 left in first half

Utah State with a gritty come from behind win! Still alive and on the bubble!

Last year, they like RU, were a nice story and were going to make the Big Dance for first time in awhile before the carpet was pulled from them.

So like RU, I want them in the Dance this year and hope committee throws them a bone.

Curious as to what the Committee will do with Villanova. You now want them in your bracket and a favorable matchup for someone. How are they seeded?

Reactions: King of S
Utah State with a gritty come from behind win! Still alive and on the bubble!

Last year, they like RU, were a nice story and were going to make the Big Dance for first time in awhile before the carpet was pulled from them.

So like RU, I want them in the Dance this year and hope committee throws them a bone.

Curious as to what the Committee will do with Villanova. You now want them in your bracket and a favorable matchup for someone. How are they seeded?

Utah State made it in 2019

Probability-wise, what are the chances that we face a B1G team in the tournament (I.e. we win our first round game and play a #1 or 2 seed in the second or third rounds, should we last that far)?

Pretty low because they try to avoid conference matchups in the first and second round. So we would have to get into the sweet 16 (10-15% chance?) and then draw a Big Ten team on top of that.

Probability-wise, what are the chances that we face a B1G team in the tournament (I.e. we win our first round game and play a #1 or 2 seed in the second or third rounds, should we last that far)?

The committee will seed the tournament to avoid teams from the same conference meeting in round 2. So if we're an 8 or 9 seed we will not be in Illinois' or Michigan's region. Which is why it may be better to be a 10 seed.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Mountain West is getting dragged down by 3 really bad teams, 300s NET, in New Mexico, Air Force and San Jose St, otherwise it is a top 10 conference,

Colorado St weakest resume @St Mary's 33-53, best win Santa Clara. Q1/2/3 6-5, even though they beat each of the top 3 MW team once, 2 on the road.
Utah St 16 pt loss VCU, and close loss BYU Q1/2/3 9-7
Boise St 10 pt loss Houston, win over BYU Q1/2/3 8-6
SD St. Wins over UCLA, St Mary's and loss to BYU Q1/2/3 13-4

Lunardi has us a 10 not last 4 byes vs 7th BYU, in 2 Alabama bracket
I would take that.

Last edited:
FIRST FOUR BYES: GEORGIA TECH, LOUISVILLE, VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH, DRAKE
LAST FOUR IN: SYRACUSE, COLORADO STATE, BOISE STATE, UCLA

FIRST FOUR OUT: XAVIER, UTAH STATE, SAINT LOUIS, MISSISSIPPI
NEXT FOUR OUT: SAINT JOHN'S, PROVIDENCE, SETON HALL, NORTH CAROLINA STATE

Loyola beats Drake for MVC title . I think Loyola could be as good as a 7 but also a 10. Could be an interesting 8/9 matchup with RU

Now Drake waits and sees what the committee does. Certainly helped by how horrid the bubble is. Will tend to think they get a bid but in the first four games

Syracuse making a push. If we were on the bubble, Syracuse rise would help us. Nice ooc victory!

Anyone who is a die-hard Rutgers fan can relate to Lenny Kravitz's song, "It Ain't Over Til It's Over."
We live and die with them every year and remain loyal to them.

Here we are, still together
We are one
So much time wasted
Playing games with love
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby, it ain't over till it's over
So many years we've tried
To keep our love alive
How many times did we give up
But we always worked things out
And all my doubts and fear kept me wondering, yeah
If I'd always be in love
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
And kept our love alive
'Cause baby, it ain't over till it's over
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby, it ain't over till it's over
And kept our love alive
So many tears I've cried So much pain inside
To keep our love alive
So many tears we've cried
So much pain inside
So many years we've tried To keep our love alive
So much pain inside

Anyone who is a die-hard Rutgers fan can relate to Lenny Kravitz's song, "It Ain't Over Til It's Over."
We live and die with them every year and remain loyal to them.

Here we are, still together
We are one
So much time wasted
Playing games with love
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
To keep our love alive
How many times did we give up
But we always worked things out
And all my doubts and fear kept me wondering, yeah
If I'd always be in love
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
And kept our love alive
So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby, it ain't over till it's over
And kept our love alive
So many tears I've cried So much pain inside
To keep our love alive
So much pain inside
So many years we've tried To keep our love alive
So much pain inside
But that song was to his wife , who was in the process of dumping him

But that song was to his wife , who was in the process of dumping him
I know it was for his wife. Stay with me and use your imagination. For anyone who is a Rutgers fan can relate to the ups and downs of what this program has put everyone through. They made you cry, they made you angry, they made you hate them, but they finally came through. It Ain't Over Til It's Over. I'll bleed SCARLET until the day I die.

Reactions: shields
Loyola beats Drake for MVC title . I think Loyola could be as good as a 7 but also a 10. Could be an interesting 8/9 matchup with RU

Now Drake waits and sees what the committee does. Certainly helped by how horrid the bubble is. Will tend to think they get a bid but in the first four games

Unless Loyola drains threes like they did today, an RU / Loyola game might be a race to 45 points.

They wouldn’t give us many transition opportunities, and I think Myles would shut down their post-scorer, Krutwig.

Unless Loyola drains threes like they did today, an RU / Loyola game might be a race to 45 points.

They wouldn’t give us many transition opportunities, and I think Myles would shut down their post-scorer, Krutwig.
I'll be happy playing anybody but if I had my choice give me a team where their O runs through a high scoring point and is small at the 5. Let JY and Myles get to work.

Last edited:
Any risk of us getting screwed with a play-in game if we lose in first round on B1G tournament?

Michigan State emphatically IN and will be seeded on the 8/9 line and ahead of Rutgers
Sparty, Us and Maryland are 8/9 seeds. Thus at least one squad will be moved to 7/10 line given 2 #1 seeds from our conference.
What seed will Wisconsin be?

Reactions: bac2therac
Wisconsin lost today again and will stay in top 25. What a joke.

Sparty, Us and Maryland are 8/9 seeds. Thus at least one squad will be moved to 7/10 line given 2 #1 seeds from our conference.
What seed will Wisconsin be?

Wisc 7 for now but getting close to 8. I think Sparty is most likely to get to 7 if they win their first round Big 10 tourney game. RU and MD moreso might end up 10s with first round losses in Big 10 and 11 seed is not out of the question for RU depending on what UNC, UL, Ga Tech, UConn, UCLA do

I think we also have a couple of 2 seeds now too in Iowa and OSU so watch that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT