ADVERTISEMENT

3 Knights Get Drafted to Major League Lacrosse

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Jules Heningburg overall #7 to Florida.
Michael Rexrode in the second round to Florida.
Christian Mazzone in the third round to Ohio.

The people who make their livings on evaluating such things view our players highly.
A sign of Coach Brecht's ability to spot talent and recruit it, and develop it. Along with the kids who are willing to put the work in.

Goes to show you how off these high school rankings are, how much of an eye Brian has for talent, and how that talent develops after it arrives. All 3 of these guys (as has a number of others) got significantly better each year.

We have 3 of the top 23 seniors in college lacrosse on our team. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: Leonard23 and rondi
How are the salaries in the pros? Don't know what these kids majored in, but is it worth it to possibly pass up good job opportunities and go pro?

How are the salaries in the pros? Don't know what these kids majored in, but is it worth it to possibly pass up good job opportunities and go pro?

It wouldn't be worth leaving college to play professionally, but these kids can make $20-$25K I think playing lacrosse over the summer. Some play pro box lacrosse, which has higher salaries. If you do both, you can make as much as your peers right out of college working desk jobs. Throw in some camps and and whatnot, and it's ok. But most kids have real jobs and do this on the side.

It wouldn't be worth leaving college to play professionally, but these kids can make $20-$25K I think playing lacrosse over the summer. Some play pro box lacrosse, which has higher salaries. If you do both, you can make as much as your peers right out of college working desk jobs. Throw in some camps and and whatnot, and it's ok. But most kids have real jobs and do this on the side.
Pretty sure the only lax player making $1M plus a year is Paul Rabil.

Yea he is definitely the highest paid laxer. At least from the game itself. Most of his income is from endorsements. He's mastered the social media game, as well.

Reactions: bigmatt718
To me, D1 Lax is the real pro lax out there. Almost all lax players even the pros work legit jobs in the off-season. Their goal is to get a job on Wall Street, not the lax equivalent of the NFL.

Reactions: Caliknight
Not yet, but someday it will be.

Even the greats of football back in the day had jobs. The great Johnny U had a part time job, as did all of his team mates.

These are the guys setting everything up for those that will come. Some day, these kids will all only be doing lacrosse.

Though D1 lax is the apex, I would add representing the U.S.A. or whatever country you are from is the equal. If you make the U.S. team, you're an incredible player. One of the best in the world at your chosen craft.

Not yet, but someday it will be.

Even the greats of football back in the day had jobs. The great Johnny U had a part time job, as did all of his team mates.

These are the guys setting everything up for those that will come. Some day, these kids will all only be doing lacrosse.

Though D1 lax is the apex, I would add representing the U.S.A. or whatever country you are from is the equal. If you make the U.S. team, you're an incredible player. One of the best in the world at your chosen craft.
So did all the Big Leaguers, including Jackie Robinson.

ADVERTISEMENT