ADVERTISEMENT

$300 per year over 5 years

Nuts, the dollar raise is very good, the number of people sucks. That's not on RU, it's on the lame ass alums who didn't step up yet during a period of significant outreach. There are more than 1000 roundtable members, I believe. They all know the campaign and every single one should have donated something.

Nuts, the dollar raise is very good, the number of people sucks. That's not on RU, it's on the lame ass alums who didn't step up yet during a period of significant outreach. There are more than 1000 roundtable members, I believe. They all know the campaign and every single one should have donated something.

Again, see my comments, there are a # of reasons as to WHY the "#" of donors, to this specific project, is (likely) low. I bet that # quadruples, if not more, by year end (12/31).

I signed up for monthly payments through my credit card ... $200/year is less than $17/month.

Nice job. And seriously even for some of us 'poor-ish' folks. $10 bucks a month is like a coffee and a beer. Or just a beer.

I posted this in my recent thread entitled Key Point: Donating Something.

This is important to clarify when making any pledges, whether it's monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments. In order to get "FULL priority point credit for Football", you may want to make sure all pledge payments are completed on or before April 30th for that given fiscal year ending June 30th. For example, if you're making monthly payments, you'd have to call RU and made advance payments for May & June by the April 30th deadline to get FULL Football point credit for the May and/or June pledges. Otherwise, you'd lose those points for May & June for certain Football allocations that are based on priority points, such as parking, an upgrade to your Football season ticket location, if applicable, and ability to purchase additional Football regular season or single tickets, if applicable. Remember, these Football allocations are all based on "priority point cut offs" which are only an issue for people on the cusp of those cut offs. Either way, I would want my full allocation of points if I made a pledge! It's something RU needs to figure out for those who pledge on an annual, "reoccurring" basis. I do make my pledge payments on set future dates, all before April 30th.

The following, with regard to Giving & Priority Points, was taken directly from the RU website:

Annual Athletic Gift(s)/Pledge(s) - Gifts and pledges made to any Rutgers Athletics fund between July 1and June 30, which represents the start and end of the Rutgers Foundation Fiscal Year. One point per every $100.*Note that to count towards Football priority points, gifts must be made between July 1 and April 30. Any gifts made after April 30 and before July 1 will count towards Men's and Women's Basketball seating and parking, as well as any Football and Basketball post season tickets.

Lifetime University Giving - The cumulative total of all gifts (Academic and Athletics) you have made to Rutgers University, as recognized by the Rutgers University Foundation. One point per every $1,000.

NEW! Consecutive Years of Giving - The number of consecutive years of giving to R Fund. Two points for each consecutive year of giving. These points, which reward donors for renewing their gifts annually, revert to zero if a year of giving is missed. Points will not be credited for retroactive athletic giving prior to the launch of R Fund on July 1, 2014. All supporters who donate between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 will be credited with 1 year of giving and 2 priority points at the beginning of the new fiscal year on July 1, 2015. These priority points will count towards 2016 Football, 2016-2017 Men's Basketball, and 2016-2017 Women's Basketball.

Hope that helps!

Go RU!!
Diane

Dumb question, I donated today 1 time. I see comments here that pledging for 5 years out us counting towards amount.

Does this means Rutgers is borrowing based on that pledge to build today? I

f yes, is there a way to pledge next 4 years out without be recharged today?

My pledge is not huge but every $ counts...

You're getting upset about people for $20? Really?
It's not about the 20 bucks, but it's a show of support. It's saying I'll go without four coffees or two lunches this week so I can show RU that I'm behind this move.

Dumb question, I donated today 1 time. I see comments here that pledging for 5 years out us counting towards amount.

Does this means Rutgers is borrowing based on that pledge to build today? I

f yes, is there a way to pledge next 4 years out without be recharged today?

My pledge is not huge but every $ counts...
Set up a gift on the site that charges your credit card 15 to 20 bucks a month for the next four years. The "painful" part is setting it up. Once it's done, you'll never even notice it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zgoru
Eceres, I'm not sure, but I'd call your rep ASAP and ask.
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

I want to know who on this forum hasn't donated yet. Should be banned.

I haven't yet because I already gave several thousand dollars to the scholarship fund earlier in the year. Is that acceptable to you?

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Does Rutgers have a plan where you can pledge, and give a nominal monthly amount ($20 - $40), which, over a years time is a $240 (or more) pledge. I get mailings from Michigan, where I went to grad school, and their donation form has small monthly payment options, which I think is a good idea, and would work for me.

yes they do.

Signed up! I gave $250 to the Big Ten Build Fund on Rutgers Giving Day and just made a pledge that will add $300/year (in monthly installments). It's a drop in the bucket, but hey, I didn't go to Biz School like some of you jamokes.

Reactions: MrWise
Set up a gift on the site that charges your credit card 15 to 20 bucks a month for the next four years. The painless part is setting it up. Once it's done, you'll never even notice it.
Went crazy and opted for $25/month to get to that $300/year

Reactions: 17Q66
I made 2 donations in April. The first one was a 5 year pledge for what Hobbs initially suggested, $100/yr as I know that I could afford it in addition to the other RU Funds that I give to. The 2nd one was for more than the total 5 year pledge amount, because I knew I could afford it this year. I may not be able to match it next year but I'll give what i can when I can. And you know what... I felt GREAT after making that 2nd donation!! Thats what happens when you drink the RU Koolaid.

When you look at the results of the current efforts you have to be ecstatic:

1. Hobbs has yet to successfully tap the corporate market. Rutgers is in the center of the media capital of the world. Corporate money is there for the taking.
  2. We have 10 million dollar donations. Rutgers has a boatload of rich alumni. People who always had the ability to donate and now have the willingness to donate. 10 have moved forward and I'm sure there are many many more that will be converted by Hobbs and team.
  3. Hobbs wants 10,000 donors. With close to 500,000 alumni it's basically 1:50 that need to donate. Pretty easy.
In fundraising you get the cheap money from the masses first. There has been nothing but emails to date. Next will come the phone calling and numbers will ramp rapidly.

If you are not optimistic you are a miserable badtard.

Well hopefully between all of the new donations generated from members here tonight and others who may have gotten the word, we're over 1,000 donors by now.

Well hopefully between all of the new donations generated from members here tonight and others who may have gotten the word, we're over 1,000 donors by now.
We probably have...but more importantly, what you can't do with your wallet you can do with your mouth. Spread the word. We've said it on this board a million times, BE THAT GUY(Or Gal). Rep the R, spread the word, get others excited. For the first time in while it seems like we have leadership who gets it and that is something for us all to be excited about.

Reactions: Scarlet4ever
It's not about the 20 bucks, but it's a show of support. It's saying I'll go without four coffees or two lunches this week so I can show RU that I'm behind this move.

I get that, I really do, but people people down is flat-out wrong IMHO and let's wait, at the very least, for the other 66% of the year before making judgments. That's all.

areyou--weak excuses especially from anyone who complains/bitches or laments the state of our programs--or who demands excellence without even taking a tiny stake in RU 's future--and this "waiting" for it to happen or expecting others to do the lifting is misguided or selfish---no one's talking about $ people can't afford--that's just baseless--give asap as much as you can--momentum is critical

Only $25 dollars per month! That is the pledge that we need. We need 30000 pledges.... can we get 10% of that here? I assume we have about 5000 posters?

http://www.rutgersbigtenbuild.com/

Twenty five bucks a month helps pay a bill. Not saying all Ru fans live week to week, just that many in America do indeed struggle. Rather than sending jobs away, we need to bring back manufacturing to America. Those are true middle class jobs. Not Mickie Ds.

Something like 25 a month should be chump change for all adults. Sadly it isn't.

Good luck with the fund raising.

I just donated. But looks like the amount and number of donors tallies aren't dynamic. Still shows as only 923 donors.

Twenty five bucks a month helps pay a bill. Not saying all Ru fans live week to week, just that many in America do indeed struggle. Rather than sending jobs away, we need to bring back manufacturing to America. Those are true middle class jobs. Not Mickie Ds.

Something like 25 a month should be chump change for all adults. Sadly it isn't.

Good luck with the fund raising.

I hear you but to be honest, if 25 bucks a month matters that much, you probably shouldn't be going to Football games or buying season tickets, or paying for Rivals Membership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT