4 days until kickoff you east coast pizza pie eating heathens :P

Alaska_Dawg

Senior
Jul 6, 2016

sI6j9Kt.jpg

5G0IDUY.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RUhobbit
That's a lot of pressure on those Huskies. Lots of preseason hype to live up to. Hope they take the time to blow off some steam in NYC on their trip out here. Its the city that never sleeps.. I recommend staying up all night in NYC after-hours clubs.

Last edited:
I won't even be able to watch this game because of work -- unless I can get a Husky-hating Spokane native to side with me and watch the game (considering the likely outcome, not much chance) -- but I still can't wait. Need me some R

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
That's a lot of pressure on those Huskies. Lots of preseason hype to live up to. Hope they take the time to blow off some steam in NYC on their trip out here.
Funny story. Washington was playing Connecticut in the NCAA tourney back in the mid 90's and a guy at work said; 'I'll bet ya $20 the Huskies lose.' And like an idiot I said I'll take that bet. Then he says hand me over my $20 because the Huskies are playing the Huskies. I was so fvcking pissed .. but I handed him the $20 seeing how I was screwed either way. :angry:

Here are the “consensus” top 25 teams in college football heading into the season.

With college football teams set to report to fall camp in a couple of weeks, many outlets are updating/releasing their preseason top 25 polls.

Here’s a “consensus” one.

Stassen.com has compiled the rankings from a number of different outlets and put together a “consensus” preseason top 25 poll.

The 'Consensus' College Football Preseason Top 25

1. Alabama
2. Ohio St.
3. Florida St.
4. Washington
5. USC
6. Penn St.
7. Oklahoma
8. Clemson
9. Wisonsin
10. Auburn
11. Michigan
12. LSU
13. Oklahoma St.
14. Stanford
15. Florida
16. Louisville
17. Georgia
18. Miami (Florida)
19. Texas
20. TCU
21. Virginia Tech
22. Tennessee
23. South Florida
24. Washington St.
25. Notre Dame

Washington did go to Arizona and played a lousy Arizona team. Game went to OT. People are already giving up.

Notre Dame being on that list (again) is one of the big reasons why preseason polls are a complete joke.
Even it being a joke we are still playing 5 of the top 11 teams on this poll. Nothing against Washington but I wish we had scheduled USC instead.

Sorry Alaska but I think USC is going to mop your floor.

Even it being a joke we are still playing 5 of the top 11 teams on this poll. Nothing against Washington but I wish we had scheduled USC instead.

USC might beat Washington but I doubt they mop the floor with the Dawgs. Washington has had the leading defense in the PAC three years in a row now and not once during any of their losses have they been blown out while Petersen has been their HC. Not to make excuses ... seeing how USC is a solid team and their QB is probably the best in the country but when they played Washington last season the Huskies were without the conference leader in sacks (broken foot) and they were also without their leading tackler on the team (broken leg) not to mention Browning hurt his shoulder early on in that game and that's what led to his surgery right after the game with Bama. With that said I'm looking forward to seeing a rematch between those two teams. Darnold is a tuff one to contain and if they do meet up again I think Petersen will have a different defensive scheme in order to slow Darnold down.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07

You guys play UCLA in '20 and '21 and their campus is right down the road from USC's.

I just got back from Alaska - no football teams up there! But it is beautiful, I must say.

An improved RU secondary and no John Ross running by everybody. A RU QB, whoever it is, that's a better fit for the offense.

Washington 38
Rutgers 17

The opener last year exposed just how hopelessly outclassed our OC was. Hopefully the offense will see improvement under Kill.
OC and head coach, let's not forget the issues with him that game as well

THE OC REPORTS TO THE HC, the HC is the boss and can override and make changes anytime he wants. The HC approves of the offense, plan etc etc

our OC has been made a scapegoat, he was only part of the problem

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT