ADVERTISEMENT

4 N.J. schools make list of top colleges in the world

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Here are the top 20 Best Global Universities – followed by where New Jersey's colleges ranked:

https://www.nj.com/education/2018/10/best_universities_in_the_world_list_includes_4_nj.html

Here's where the three other New Jersey campuses ranked:

103. Rutgers University - New Brunswick

782. New Jersey Institute of Technology

1001. Rutgers University - Newark

Why didn't New Jersey's universities rank higher?

Princeton University has ranked as the top college in the country on U.S. News and World Report's annual list of U.S. schools for several years. But it ranked 9th on the Top Global Universities list.

Rutgers came in 56th on the national list this year. But, it didn't make the top 100 on the global list.

Both New Jersey colleges ranked lower on the Top Global Universities list because the magazine uses a different set of criteria for the worldwide list, U.S. News' editors said.

The global rankings put more emphasis on international research than the U.S. rankings. That helped other universities rise above Rutgers and Princeton in the ranking.

Rutgers needs to build relationships with former students/donors in a similar fashion to how the Rutgers Center for Real Estate does it.

This is an excellent program and gaining a lot of momentum right now with students in NB and Newark. Rutgers should follow this framework in other majors to get students exposure to professionals/leaders in industry and help students win scholarship money.

Check out https://rutgersrealestate.com/ for more info on what I’m talking about. There is an Advisory Board and Emerging Leaders Board, mentorship program for students, scholarships, and students getting internships/jobs. Also, for the research fans on the forum they recently released a paper that can be found on the website and they have a weekly blog on macroeconomics/housing and real estate issues.

I’m a current Rutgers Real Estate student and there’s my plug. I have never seen any other program like this at Rutgers. I feel as if I’m receiving luxury treatment compared to other classmates in different programs and majors.

We need more of this at RU to be an academic leader and to give our students the exposure/financial aid needed to be successful after college.

Who knows the accuracy of these rankings but it is good to make the list whether you believe it or not.

How Pennsylvania Schools ranked on US News Global Universities 2019 list:

University of Pennsylvania: #16
University of Pittsburgh: #43
Penn State University: #73
Carnegie Mellon Univ. #81
Temple University: #347
Drexel University: #395
Lehigh University: #708
Villanova University: #1028

Other random Universities:

New York University: #28
University of Maryland college park: #51
University of Delaware: #297
University of Connecticut: #310
Syracuse University: #361
Boston College: #468

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
All of these rankings are nonsense, so you might as well choose the one you do the best in. There is just no way to reduce higher education quality to an algorithm.

Reactions: MoobyCow
Why would this thread get moved from the football board to this board, which is where threads go to die? RU rankings are of general interest and should stay on the football board; could always just repost them here, too, if discussion here is desired, rather than moving them.

Why would this thread get moved from the football board to this board, which is where threads go to die? RU rankings are of general interest and should stay on the football board; could always just repost them here, too, if discussion here is desired, rather than moving them.
Didn't get moved, I replied to an old thread on this board.

Edit: But looks like the original did get moved. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ADVERTISEMENT