ADVERTISEMENT

4 RU players not taking part in voluntary workouts

Caleb based on IG is definitely not on campus. Oskar was noted by a mod. Myles was noted as on campus as of today.

I’d guess Jacob but I think I saw on his ig he was there the other day?

so can’t place the other one-two

Caleb based on IG is definitely not on campus. Oskar was noted by a mod. Myles was noted as on campus as of today.

I’d guess Jacob but I think I saw on his ig he was there the other day?

so can’t place the other one-two

Perhaps two of the Incoming recruits. Hope Cliff isn’t one of them.

All the players have been putting in the work on their games. I think the million dollar question is how much of a difference can the strength and conditioning, weight lifting would be if there was no pandemic. I would have expected huge leaps forward physically for Mathis, Oskar. Mag, all of the players.

I would not worry much at all, there are windows of time where the kids need to step away from the court to stay fresh.

with gyms being closed in Jersey, and mask-wearing outside.. I'd wonder how much S&C work anyone is doing. But youth who are on a mission seems to find a way.. I am hoping for the best.

Beaches are open. Some nice wide stretches away from the water where a guy can do some plyos

For sure there is a greater chance that someone not participating in these voluntary workouts is going to be behind in S&C.

All of us could use and S&C, but most are lacking. Main reason.....because it is hard and not fun (for 99% of us). Doing it together as a team makes it so much better.

In addition, there has to be in the back of the mind of some of the players that there may not be a season. That would make it even tougher to get yourself in to a gym.

PLUS the trainers that these players have in NJ add significant value.

I think a blanketed answer that all players are doing S&C and this isn't an issue is wrong.

For the record, I totally get and respect the 4 for not being away from home with the team. What we are going through is serious and transcends Rutgers Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT