ADVERTISEMENT

5 out of next 7 at the RAC

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Now that we got 2 of the 5 in the first midterm of the season (and coukd argue that we should have been 5-0)

Bucknell
Coppin state
At Purdue
Maryland
Iowa
At Northestern
Ohio state

My take
4 out of 7 a MUST to not fall really far behind the NCAA eight ball (3-4/11-7)

5 out of 7 is the GOAL (4-3/12-6)

6 out 7 would be AWESOME (5-2/13-5) and likely land us close to being ranked, if not ranked

7 out 7 is EPiC and would have us (6-1/14-4) and ranked about 15th

5 of 7 is what my head says …until my eyes see us get the ball in the basket more often

The base case is basically somewhere in between 4-3 and 5-2. It would be really good to get 5 and get back within striking distance of the bubble.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Now that we got 2 of the 5 in the first midterm of the season (and coukd argue that we should have been 5-0)

Bucknell
Coppin state
At Purdue
Maryland
Iowa
At Northestern
Ohio state

My take

6 out 7 would be AWESOME (5-2/13-5) and likely land us close to being ranked, if not ranked

5 of 7 is what my head says …until my eyes see us get the ball in the basket more often
Should not include the two cupcakes in this analysis in my opinion. Yeah, I know we had Lafayette last year, but we simply can't lose to Bucknell or Coppin State, neither of which is that good. Agree with the rest, including thinking we win 3 of 5 against the B1G foes...but 4 would be really nice...

Bucknell
Coppin state
At Purdue
Maryland
Iowa
At Northestern
Ohio state

My take

8 out of 7 would be fantastic! *
* = I don't accept the OSU score as valid...and neither should the B1G, NCAA or you!

Mo

OSU II seems like a trap. Kinda like 2 years ago where the refs took over the game in Columbus and we circled the rematch on the calendar, only to get boat raced at the RAC. I don't think the OSU loss cost the team the SHU game - I think if anything mental, it was the unusual pressure of being solid favorites in an important game for once - but I think too much focus on what happened in Columbus could cost RU round 2 as well.

The next two are definite MUST WINS.

I think if we are the team that played Wake, we should aim for 6 of these 7. Run the table at home, and grab one on the road. If we are the team that scored 43 against SHU, good luck getting five, and there is a chance it would only be four.

Beat Bucknell.

We need road wins too. @Northwestern is a game we should be targeting to get a win away from the RAC

Reactions: Groz
OSU II seems like a trap. Kinda like 2 years ago where the refs took over the game in Columbus and we circled the rematch on the calendar, only to get boat raced at the RAC. I don't think the OSU loss cost the team the SHU game - I think if anything mental, it was the unusual pressure of being solid favorites in an important game for once - but I think too much focus on what happened in Columbus could cost RU round 2 as well.
Very true but I would argue playing in an empty RAC is very different from playing in a full one. Not only will the team be fired up for that one but the people in the crowd are going to be foaming at the mouth.

We need road wins too. @Northwestern is a game we should be targeting to get a win away from the RAC

I’m looking at the big ten road record from a macro view ….we have 11 games (including Michigan state At the garden ) . We need four of the 11….

I’m looking at the big ten road record from a macro view ….we have 11 games (including Michigan state At the garden ) . We need four of the 11….
And Northwestern should be one of whatever the target number anyone has for road B1G wins

I believe we should just be looking at next game which is Bucknell on Friday.

Knights1212

I’m a youth basketball coach …(well now out of that as the kids are dedicated exclusively to cross country and track )…and the coach in me says only look at the next game and nothing else.

But, we can be fans here too, and look at it from a macro standpoint thar a player and coach simply cannot …

If anything last year taught us , is expect the unexpected …

But it’s still fun to talk a little what if, while enjoying the ride ….

If we bring the defensive intensity we have seen every game so far (except maybe 1st half Temple) there is no way we lose to Bucknell or coppin state.

If you think this is a jinx sorry. Elite D and those teams don’t get out of the 50s.

If we don't beat NW away or Minnesota away then we need to replace those missed opportunities by beating tougher teams in tougher environments

Bucknell
Coppin state
At Purdue
Maryland
Iowa
At Northestern
Ohio state

My take

IMO 6 out of 7. Purdue on the road is a loss. The rest we can beat.

The team needs to prove that it can score enough points consistently to win 5 out of the next 7 games.

Bucknell - W
Coppin state - W
At Purdue - L
Maryland - W
Iowa - W
At Northestern - W
Ohio state - W (We blow them out! to show everyone that they need to reverse that Lose to OSU in their heads when time for selection)

13 - 5 and ranked #17 after OSU win
At best 3/4 or 4/3 in these games

IMO 6 out of 7. Purdue on the road is a loss. The rest we can beat.
What state does Purdue play in? We always are in it vs teams from Indiana...

Maybe Reiber can shine or at least tire Edey out by making him chase him

Reactions: Kbee3
I really think we have a chance against
Purdue bc they have young guards and be interesting how they deal with our stifling pressure and double teaming. Look forward to another classic Cliff dunk knocking Edey on his butt!!!

Purdue is the real deal. Only way to win is slow down Edey and if you do, hope they have an off day shooting the 3. We get 4 or 5 wins id be ecstatic. 4 is the baseline. Coppin and bucknell being the gimmes.

I haven’t seen Purdue play but based on stats it looks like everything revolves around Edey. Will be interesting to see what kind of gameplan Pike draws up

Can you out sprint him down court?
Could Reiber pull him out?
Cliff can beat every center in a sprint down the court so he certainly can beat Edey. If we can force turnovers, Cliff can get some transition dunks.

Edey made Dean look like a child last year. Hopefully Wolf can hold his ground a bit better

He's an athlete.
Hockey and baseball before hoops.
From what I read he was actually very hesitant to play basketball. I legitimately can’t picture this kid on skates, it just doesn’t make sense.

Not sure if you’ve ever seen the picture of his youth hockey team but see if you can pick out which one is Edey

image-2.png

ADVERTISEMENT