ADVERTISEMENT

5 out of next 7 at the RAC

Revenge game for them.
Maybe we'll lose.
Just saying don't count on it

Think we beat Purdue. Weird rationale on my part, but while they’re solid they’re not undefeated for the bulk of the season good. Can see our length / experience giving their young guards some trouble — just need to reasonably contain Edey (holding him to 15 and 10 would be a victory)

Think we beat Purdue. Weird rationale on my part, but while they’re solid they’re not undefeated for the bulk of the season good. Can see our length / experience giving their young guards some trouble — just need to reasonably contain Edey (holding him to 15 and 10 would be a victory)

Holding to 20 and 10 is a victory if we’re able to do it without double/triple teaming him. Pike may go with the let him get his strategy.

This team runs hot and cold. Predicting wins is almost impossible.

Seton Hall game was a disturbing wake-up call. I don't think this team has it together yet, or maybe it won't happen this year.

But road wins will be as elusive as last year.

We need to win all home games.

Holding to 20 and 10 is a victory if we’re able to do it without double/triple teaming him. Pike may go with the let him get his strategy.
That's the strategy we employed against both Edey and Trev Williams last year, and it worked (though we needed a miraculous 40-foot 3-pointer at the buzzer to win). Edey and Williams went 14-25 for 34 points, and the rest of Purdue went 11-36 for 34 points.

We employed that strategy to prevent Purdue's guards and wings from going off from 3-pt range. But Purdue has been struggling mightily from 3-pt range this year (80-254 for 31.5%, just a small tick better than our 31%). And with Edey basically dominating games (22.6 ppg, 13.9 rpg in 31 minutes), you wonder if Pike will have to adjust his strategy a bit and *hope* that the Boilermakers continue to struggle from deep.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
That's the strategy we employed against both Edey and Trev Williams last year, and it worked (though we needed a miraculous 40-foot 3-pointer at the buzzer to win). Edey and Williams went 14-25 for 34 points, and the rest of Purdue went 11-36 for 34 points.

We employed that strategy to prevent Purdue's guards and wings from going off from 3-pt range. But Purdue has been struggling mightily from 3-pt range this year (80-254 for 31.5%, just a small tick better than our 31%). And with Edey basically dominating games (22.6 ppg, 13.9 rpg in 31 minutes), you wonder if Pike will have to adjust his strategy a bit and *hope* that the Boilermakers continue to struggle from deep.
Same strategy please

Reactions: MiloTalon13
The next two are definite MUST WINS.

I think if we are the team that played Wake, we should aim for 6 of these 7. Run the table at home, and grab one on the road. If we are the team that scored 43 against SHU, good luck getting five, and there is a chance it would only be four.

Beat Bucknell.
Nailed it! (We are the team that whipped Wake.)

ADVERTISEMENT