ADVERTISEMENT

#58 Turay warming up on sideline right B4 2nd half started ..........

I don't think he got in the game. In Q3 he ran on the field on a third down but was the 12th man on the field, so Ash had to burn a TO. After that he didn't get in.

Saw him in twice. 2nd and last time was when RU had to burn a TO. He was pulled and got an earfull from the staff.

It was 3rd and long. I saw a Safety run on the field at the last second after Turay was already on the field. How was that on Turay? After the timeout, Rutgers went to 7 DB's and Turay was not on the field.

Last edited:
I don't think he got in the game. In Q3 he ran on the field on a third down but was the 12th man on the field, so Ash had to burn a TO. After that he didn't get in.

He was in at least 1 other play. Passing down in 1st half. Lined up on the left side. Made a quick inside move but got caught up in the wash.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
It was 3rd and long. I saw a Safety run on the field at the last second. How was that on Turay? After the timeout, Rutgers went to 7 DB's and Turay was not on the field.

You'll have to ask Ash or the DC but I'd think they changed the look because Iowa saw what they were going to do. I do know they were not happy. Right before the TO, Turay and one of the LB's looked confused where they were to line up.

He was in at least 1 other play. Passing down in 1st half. Lined up on the left side. Made a quick inside move but got caught up in the wash.

That's strange because the Mods said earlier this week that Turay was not even close to seeing the field.

You'll have to ask Ash or the DC but I'd think they changed the look because Iowa saw what they were going to do. I do know they were not happy. Right before the TO, Turay and one of the LB's looked confused where they were to line up.

That sounds reasonable....obviously, there is some rust and some learning to get comfortable with the defensive calls

They ran a stunt but Iowa called a screen so it didn't matter.

It was 3rd and long. I saw a Safety run on the field at the last second after Turay was already on the field. How was that on Turay? After the timeout, Rutgers went to 7 DB's and Turay was not on the field.

This.
Saw Turay running to sideline and telling the Coaches you told me to go in.
Think this is on the Assistant Coaches and not on Turay.

With Lambert's unfortunate injury....and that sucks because he was playing well... Turay will get a lot more plays this week and next.

after that play ,where he was called back ,they took his helmet away

after that play ,where he was called back ,they took his helmet away

Hamilton and Turay were both warming up right before halftime.

After reading about the game and learning Lambert got hurt, Hamilton didn't really play until 4th and Turay also didn't make it in (I saw him go in on that one play), I am even more encouraged that we were able to get the kind of pressure, collapse the pocket and get a few sacks that we did.

D does appear to be coming along -though injuries will take their toll and may become an issue as the season moves forward.

Turay was in for 1 play only ... he is definitely bigger in his upper and lower body ...Kenny Parker is paying off B1G time... I just hope we can see him become the guy who can get to the QB and cause disruption ...if he can get healthy it will add a dynamic to Ash's D.

ADVERTISEMENT